Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is the Vocabulary Challenge?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,581 mod
Each week (or so) there is a vocabulary challenge on our Moodle Site. https://learn-english-free.moodle.school/

Every so often we will revise a few of the challenges. This is a great chance to catch up on vocabulary you have missed, or to review the vocabulary you have learnt.

Keep an eye on Group Events for the link and password.
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,349 mod
    edited February 2016
    Did I miss Vocabulary Challenge #7 last Tuesday?
    Normally you give the challenge on Tuesday and on Thursday, right @Lynne ?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,581 mod
    Yes April. This week it is a chance to catch up. No new vocabulary, but all 6 units will be there.

Today's starts at 6pm.
  • MonikMonik Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne 6 pm? or 12 pm. omg.. I'm trying to join and the name is not valid.. This thing about "time" is killing me! Did I miss the chance to catch up the challenge?
    edited February 2016
    @Monik - I left the images up for as long as I could. When I say 6pm, I mean CET (I always use Berlin time). Remind me to walk you through it next week.
  • ElvinElvin Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    I also have some questions about Vocab Challenge.
    Before we used to have notification about this game on the Calendar. But now I don't know when it begins, when ends. :#
    @Elvin - You will find the beginning and end times under Events in this group. I can't commit to a particular time, but generally it will be Tuesday afternoon / evening and Thursday morning.
    Okay, thank you, @Lynne!
    Let's go.
    Good luck @Elvin. (We have moved the challenge to a new platform, so you will be a guinea pig. Squeak, squeak.

Any problems, just let me know here.
    Hehe, @Lynne, I'm ready to be a part of experiments if they bring me closer to my dream of learning Elnglish. :)
    BTW, I've already done this vocab challenge, but some points were difficult for me.
    @Elvin - that is why it's called "a challenge". :lol:
  • rupsilrupsil Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question: the purpose of the challenge is to check the user's knowledge or it is possible to use a dictionary?
  • jhed017jhed017 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone
  • sehseh Posts: 8
    How can i take this challenge?
  • sehseh Posts: 8
    Is it only for the Skype sessions?
    Hi Seh,

Any member of this group can take the challenge. It runs from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday morning. You need to go to our Moodle Cloud site, and log in sometime during those times.

The password is under "Events", but the challenge only appears at the times shown.
  • srinijsrinij Posts: 204 Inactive
    @Seh please go through below link about the session. It tell you step by step how to join the session.

ttp://www.learn-english-forum.org/discussion/comment/127426#Comment_127426
  • imam_agoesimam_agoes Posts: 10
    Hi mr. @Lynne , is it too late to me for join this group? I think i was missed so many challenges and moments hehe
    @imam_agoes, I think Lynne would prefer "Mrs" to "Mr". :D
    Though we call her without any titles, just by name.
  • julianobastosjulianobastos Posts: 15 ✭✭
    i dont get. how do i get envolved with vocabulary challenge? It´s kind hard to understand this forum. but i´m trying though
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @julianobastos It is not very difficult. You need to understand it a little bit more. Please check this link and you will get how to reach to the right place. :)

http://learn-english-forum.org/discussion/comment/127426#Comment_127426
    @julianobastos, you are not alone in this. I have been here for 5 months, and still don't understand some things. :)
    @julianobastos - I'm so sorry, somehow the Network has grown very complicated. It's all my fault. Mea culpa. :s

I am doing my best to simplify things. I have recently found an online tool that will allow me to record the screen again (my previous software doesn't work on Windows 10, and it is too expensive to buy a new copy). So, I will try to do a "How To" video to explain the vocabulary challenge. In the meantime, click on the link @Bubbly sent you (thanks Bubbly). And feel free to ask me any questions here.
  • imam_agoesimam_agoes Posts: 10
    [quote="Elvin;128598"]@imam_agoes, I think Lynne would prefer "Mrs" to "Mr". :D
    Though we call her without any titles, just by name.[/quote]

Oh.i'm sorry for that. I really don't know about that
  • nain_khan1nain_khan1 Posts: 161 ✭✭
    March 8 Lynne I am confused? Its not easy to understand forum plz guide me.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://learn-english-forum.org/categories
    @nain_khan1 It's not easy to read the whole forum, so take your time and try to pick some topics(see above) in which you are interested. The last is just enjoy it and to get involved. :) Good Luck!
  • nain_khan1nain_khan1 Posts: 161 ✭✭
    OK I understand shiny03.
  • melasmelas Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Hi Lynne, I am a new member. Just trying to understand how I can read/follow vocabulary challenge lists? sorry for the same question has been asked many times.
    Hi @melas

There will be a new one tomorrow. Check under Events for the instructions.