Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-
LEN English sessions:-
Listening Practice 24/7
English radio playlists:-
Questions about News #182
I decided to listen to the news #182 and tried to write it. After what I checked my writing with the text below the audio record.
I've some questions, and I'd be grateful to you if you help me:
News about sand
1. 'has gone to pot' - what does this phrase mean?
2. 3 acres of the field WERE or WAS left?
3. What is the right pronunciation of 'sand'? The dictionaries say that there is 'æ' sound there, but in the record it sounds like 'ʌ'.
News about Peter Pan
4. helped inspire or helped TO inspire?
News about pets
5. takeaway food? The Collins says: food which is ordered and made in a restaurant and is then taken away to be eaten at home or elsewhere. But it still isn't clear for me.
6. Admitted TO giving or admitted giving?
Thanks a lot to Lynne, for such an opportunity, for interesting news, and comments to them!
And I want to say that, @Lynne
, there're enough foolish people in the world to buy this space. I think every member of our Government would like to buy it and this price is not a serious money for them.