Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Winter or Summer

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,828 mod
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask Questions Here.

Comments

• 1ashish1ashish Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Which season you like most Winter/Summer ?
  • 1ashish1ashish Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I prefer winter. I think snow is beautiful, and the cold makes me feel alive. Summer heat drains my energy and means I have to do sweaty, filthy yard work.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer summer because I'll go to in the sea in summer and watch natural magic, the air clean without pollution and look in the sky in the night you will see move stars so amazing .
  • julianobastosjulianobastos Posts: 15 ✭✭
    @1ashish I think the same. I live in a hot place (brazil) but I prefer the Cold. I lived 5 years in US and really did like the weather there.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,539 mod
    I like the wintertime in hot countries. So for example, winter in northern Thailand for me is perfect. Locals wear jackets, because for them it feels 'cold,' but it's all relative!
  • lourdeslourdes Posts: 6
    I love spring, the days are longer and more brilliant, the sky is blue, there are a lot of colours in the enviroment.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,439 mod
    I'd prefer winter! :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,868 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @lourdes Nice to hear that. Where are you from?
  • EulaYoungEulaYoung Posts: 11 ✭✭
    i love winter than summer.
    Hmmm. I agree! :) @EulaYoung
    Summer is killing this time. There is constant 40°C for last 2 weeks.
    Voting up for winter!
  • hainguyenhainguyen Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Winter!
    In the winter, we can wear a lot of clothes to keep warm, but in the summer, you still feel hot despite wearing nothing :wink
    @hainguyen wrote: »
    Winter!
    In the winter, we can wear a lot of clothes to keep warm, but in the summer, you still feel hot despite wearing nothing :wink
    What is the coolest temperature in your country my friend? ;)
    In my country, the coolest temperature is -4,2 degree. But at my place, it's always higher than 0 degree, so I haven't seen snow.
    @hainguyen wrote: »
    In my country, the coolest temperature is -4,2 degree. But at my place, it's always higher than 0 degree, so I haven't seen snow.

Wow! I like to experience that temperature. :)
    How about your country, kindgnice?
    Roughly around 38-42 degC. @hainguyen
  • omairomair Posts: 5
    karachi weather is too warm and too hot
    I like winter in many hot areas of Asia, as this is when temperatures are still warm, but not too hot.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,828 mod
    The hottest day in Germany since I moved here was in 2003, it hit 40.2°C.

The coldest day was in 2012, when it hit −30.8 °C.

It's these extremes of temperature that are such a shock for a Brit.

• columbocolumbo Posts: 24 ✭✭
    As I am a citizen in a very hot country almost for all the year..I will always choose WINTER !
    I think in Colombia the main difference between summer and winter is only measured by the amount of rain. The temperature is pretty much the same all the year round.
  • 211988211988 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I prefer winter and spring but I don't like summer
    In Colombia, there is no difference between the seasons and the weather is pretty much the same throughout the year. At least this is the case in Medellin. I suspect this is the same in Ecuador which is that bit closer to the equator.
  • KarrarKarrar Posts: 1
    I prefer summer, because in summer I have different options for traveling.
    Of course, Winter! :)

I prefer summer when I am in some places, and winter when I am in other places. My preference usually depends on where I am (unless I'm somewhere near the equator).
    @mheredge keeping places aside, which season is your favourite?
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 242 ✭✭
    I like both winter and summer. I dream of the winter when temperature is minus 5 degree and it's snowing. Summer for me should be sunny and warm.