Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Slimming

VahninVahnin Posts: 81 ✭✭
(in my humble opinion) "Chat about how you're feeling, or ... ... hair and makeup tips." should include a story how to get slim.
That's why I started a new topic in this section. My weight reached its largest numbers now. It is 79 kilos.
So you understand that something must be done with it.
I agree that "man proposes God disposes", but in this topic you are going to read how I will get rid of my spare kilos and become handsome and slim.

Comments

• VahninVahnin Posts: 81 ✭✭
    lest
    conjunction \ˈlest\

: for fear that —
    often used after an expression denoting fear or apprehension

We worried lest the plan become known.
    I was afraid to open the door lest he should follow me.
    He was scared lest he should fail his exam.
    I trembled lest they should see that.
    He was concerned lest anyone think that he was guilty. =
    (chiefly Brit)
    He was concerned lest [=in case] anyone should think he was guilty.
    [=he was concerned that people would think he was guilty; he did not want anyone to think he was guilty]

— used when you are saying something in order to prevent something from happening

And lest you think I'm joking, let me assure you that everything I've said is true.
    She's a talented singer and, lest we forget, a fine musician as well. [=we should not forget that she is also a fine musician]
    Lest anyone should doubt my story, I have brought documents to attest to its truth.

(in order to prevent something from happening)
    .....tiptoed lest the guard should hear her;
    .... anxious lest he become ill.

He gripped his brother's arm lest he be trampled by the mob.

(used to introduce the reason for the particular emotion mentioned)
    She was afraid lest she had revealed too much.

( in ​order to ​prevent any ​possibility that something will ​happen)
    They were ​afraid to ​complain about the ​noise lest they ​annoyed the ​neighbours.
    He fled the country lest he be captured and imprisoned.
    He was alarmed lest she should find out.
    I used notes lest faulty memory should lead me astray.

(in case something unpleasant happens)

Helen turned the radio down lest she should miss the phone ringing.
    lest we forget
    The word "lest" is a word of the day
    The phrase of the day is "I am eating less now lest I should get fat."
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,907 mod
    Hello,

How are you doing with your slimming? A few years ago, I was very overweight, and had to lose half of my bodyweight. I ate healthily and exercised, and now I am in good shape.

So if you would like any advice, I would be happy to help you!
    So slimming isn't a forlorn hope , right? I've got only a modest result yet. My weight is 77 kg .
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,127 mod
    Exercise and eating healthily @Vahnin, like @GemmaRowlands says, is really the only way to shed pounds. I have cut out all soft drink sodas, as they are ridiculously high in sugar, try to avoid biscuits and other snacks between meals and try to eat smaller portions. I'm finding yog is really good to tone up too.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vahnin balanced diet, a morning walk and green tea really worked in my case. I am slim now because I regularly go for a walk and drink green tea daily. I also eat balanced that also keep my metabolism active and effective as well. :)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,615 mod
    Drinking a lot of water helps for a better digestion. :)
  • shasha96shasha96 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    How to gain weight? :'D I want to gain 4-5kg more. :smile:
    @shasha96 wrote: »
    How to gain weight? :'D I want to gain 4-5kg more. :smile:

Try eating more healthy foods and drink milk everyday. ;)
    I think for some people it's just as hard to put on weight as it is for others to lose it @kindgnice. I'm jealous of course.
    They say : "If you cut back on fat and sugar, you’ll lose weight."
    But the most tasty things are sweet and fatty. What a trouble! I am on the brink of starting to fast.
    If you fast @Vahnin, doesn't this help you lose weight?
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    I already very slim.but my weight is not enough I think.it is only 39 kg.
    That's very light @sammani, but how tall are you? I met a German student last week who said he'd lost weight and that 90kg was for him very light (it seemed a lot), but he is 2m tall.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    @mheredge,my height is 5 feet only.I look too small when I am with my friends.
    Usually we can't change our height but we can become a bit slimmer...( or fatter) :)
    I'm not much taller than you @sammani (1.6m) but almost twice your weight!
    There are two problems which cant be solved: how to become slim and how to learn foreign language.
    @mheredge wrote: »
    I think for some people it's just as hard to put on weight as it is for others to lose it @kindgnice. I'm jealous of course.

How about water therapy? :smiley:
    Swimming?
    Vahnin said:

Swimming?

Hello @Vahnin, welcome back!
    I mean, drinking glasses of water could help lose our weights. I'd like to share an article from AuthorityNutrition. :)

https://authoritynutrition.com/drinking-water-helps-with-weight-loss/
    @Vahnin how's it going? I realised that I have put on a couple of extra kilos over the past few months, when I weighed myself on my return after travelling. And after the past couple of days in Italy, I dread to think what those scales will show.

I read this interesting article that suggests very tasty but healthy meals with dal and noodles which I'm going to try when I get back home.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/22/tamal-ray-healthy-lunch-recipe-noodle-pot-dal?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=214737&subid=11006640&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

The foods from your link look mouth-watering to me. Yumyum! @mheredge
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,292 mod
    Welcome back Vahnin.

I find it very frustrating to try to lose weight, so I simply ignore it. I know I eat a relatively healthy diet, and I get more exercise than most, so if my body wants to ignore that and go lumpy and bumpy, I'm not going to worry about it.
    BTW - In the UK we used to say "Eat your 5 a day", but now some bright spark has doubled it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/23/five-day-10-portions-fruit-veg-cut-early-death
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    @lynne I always worry about my weight, I am a bit lazy person only for exercise, so try to maintain my weight with diet.I like slim people because they look smart and dashing. ;)