Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Grammar Session

BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Let's Practise and Learn
Before I start a session on Skype. I want you to give me your valuable suggestions that can help me to organize it effectively.
What do you want me to focus on more?
Post edited by Bubbly on

Comments

• RemaRema Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question: How long will it take?
    When you plan to start with this session?
    Maybe we can find some interesting text and speak about tense within that text?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rema normally a session's duration is 1 hour minimum but I can extend it a bit more. I will start this session from the last week of February.

@navidafrasiabian you can also share you ideas or suggestions. :)
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi dear @Bubbly ,
    sorry I had a lot of guests and now I am so tired!!
    I will comment tomorrow!! ;)
    Maybe you can arrange some quiz(I chose this word intentionally instead of exam because exam sounds to me too official and strict) 20 minutes before the end of session. On this way you can involve in my opinion all participants to take part in this discussion on an interesting way.
    @navidafrasiabian take your time. :)

@Rema quiz was already in my mind because grammar needs practice. I will create few exercises for the session.
    Have you plan to announce about which part of grammar we will speak about in calendar for every week?
    Hi dear @bubbly,
    I think the teachers should teach students a specific grammatical structure then students make some sentences and clauses with that structure.
    Another idea is describe a situation for participants and tell them talk based on situation and among the talking tell them the grammatical mistakes or better choices(words or structures) for making their speaking more beautiful.
    @Rema we can do it later as we share updates on the LEN calendar regarding weekly sessions activities.
    @navidafrasiabian I like the idea sharing a paragraph and let others to identify mistakes.
    Thanks @bubbly,
    actually I didn't mean that but I agree with it.The thing that I said was this:Let students talk one by one and when their time finished tell them their mistakes.
  • Tanya6Tanya6 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @navidafrasiabian It's a good idea. Because when we speak is more easy we make mistakes.
  • robert134robert134 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Hi, when I was in college, I had to make speeches about a particular topic and I had to use some words that I had studied. It was very difficult for me but I know It´s the best way to learn.
    @robert134 don't you think that it is fun to deliver a speech in an interesting way?
  • rifrayugorifrayugo Posts: 19 ✭✭
    hi Bubbly,when u start this session?may i join this session?because of my English level is Elementary. i wanna join to get new leasson and more practice
    @rifrayugo I will start it soon. Do you have suggestions for this session?
    I think i dont have more suggestion because i'm new. But if u don't mind maybe we can focus on tenses.
    @rifrayugo I don't think that tenses are a big issue as there are some areas that need to be improved. I will see how we can arrange few sessions on tenses.
    @Bubbly it's ok bubbly. and i want still join your session
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bubbly. I'm very interested on Grammar session. I think that you could structure the session in this way: 1. explain us the rule/rules about the topic you have chosen (tenses, preposition, words' order......everything can be useful); 2. suggest some exercises and let us to practice (i.e share a paragraph with mistakes, write sentences that include words related to the topic, build a dialog using words related to the topic....); 3. discuss specific problems/common mistakes emerged from practicing; 4. give us (short) homework on the topic (we can discuss and practice on LEN Meet up 4 ESL). Point 2. can change from one topic to another.
    How many grammar mistakes did I writing my suggestions?
    @torellip thank you for sharing these suggestions. I will conduct it like this. I am waiting for more feedback and then I will start it. :)
  • dakshdaksh Posts: 1
    Mistakes in torellip's poat.. According to me are...
    1-interested in grammar session.
    2-explain to us the rules
    3-let us practise
    4-did I write in my suggestions.
    @daksh Thanks for your suggestions. :)
This discussion has been closed.