Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is the last book you read ??

Tell us about your last book you read and what is the most book that had really good effect on you and your future or helped you to continue on life problems

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,000 mod
    The last book I read was pretty mindless entertainment @mouhamedwallaa. It was an instantly forgettable detective novel. However, the last meaningful and memorable book that I would recommend anyone to read was 'I am Malala' by Malala Yousafzai. It's inspiring how such a young girl can stand up for something she believes in (education for girls) in the face of the most awful enemy (the Taliban). She certainly earnt her Nobel Peace Prize.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Malala-Stood-Education-Taliban/dp/1780226586/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1453176921&sr=1-1&keywords=i+am+malala
  • Ikram05Ikram05 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I'm currently reading a Tunisian book called in English " A Female Hebrew in my heart ". However the title of the book is totally misleading. It's a very interesting book .. I wish if they can make an English version of it.
  • mouhamedwallaamouhamedwallaa Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @mheredge Thanks so much for your comment and Recommend it looks so awesome novel and book smile:
  • mouhamedwallaamouhamedwallaa Posts: 38 ✭✭
    @Ikram05 it seems a good book " In my heart Hebrew woman " and yes it described another idea of what we thinking about when we saw the title ok but can you tell us about the recommended book or what is the most effective book in you ?
  • Ikram05Ikram05 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    @mouhamedwallaa the most effective book I've ever read is " A Sudden Change of Heart" by Barbara Taylor Bradford. A wonderful story that took me off to another world. it made me feel very connected to the characters; I loved each one of them, I laughed with them, I even cried with them. I felt very weird emptiness after I finished reading this book.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm read book about dragon and fighting fantasy
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I have read the book of 'Nine Algorithms That Changed the Future', which introduces Search Engine Indexing, PageRank, Public Key Cryptography, Error-Correcting Codes, Pattern Recognition, Data Compression, Databases, and Digital Signatures.
  • SanneSanne Posts: 24 ✭✭
    My last reading was the Harry Potter series. In my opinion this is a good introduction into reading English books - funny and easy beginning with slightly increasing difficulty.
  • miss_masamiss_masa Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Last book I read was named "Christmas mystery " from my favorite writer "Jostein Garder". But frankly I didn't like it much.As it's obvious in its name that was a teen fantasy novel about christmas. But If you ever decide to read any of Garder's book I suggest "Sophie's world" or "the orange girl". I love them. "Sophie's world " is a novel which has summarized the history of philosophy among a simple story. Garder has a positive thankful point of view about life and the universe that makes you feel extremely good about being alive. I realy love his point of view.
    I really enjoyed Sophie's World @miss_masa but I haven't read Orange Girl.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I read "The Painted House" recently and now I am going to finish 1984. :)
    @Sanne do you like to watch Harry Potter's movies as well?
    @gomaa what is the name of that book? ;)
    @andrew82 it seems a difficult book but informative as well. :)
    @Ikram05 the title is really catchy. I will definitely read it. Thanks for sharing it. :)
    @Bubbly the name of this book is rise of dragons written by morgan rice. I read this book through sick because of doctor said to me you can't move for a week although I think to read book.
    @gomaa it seems that you like adventures and action stuff. :)
    @Bubbly I went to improve my skills about reading because one person told me read more and more to improve your reading
    @gomaa yes it is. You need to read, understand and learn new words and expressions. Reading will help you alot to improve your writing skills as well. Don't stop it. :)
    @Bubbly I want to read another book about raven but I find difficult word and I'll try to understand
    @gomaa I have seen the link that you shared in the Storytellers group. I will also explore it more for the session. :)
    @Bubbly I don't know what I say
    Thank you so much
  • miss_masamiss_masa Posts: 77 ✭✭
    @mheredge then I suggest it to you. That's great!
  • LeidyPSLeidyPS Posts: 2
    My last reading was Pernicious Belief of Adam West, is an amazing book. The writer explain how any concepts like are health, politic, religion, etc are a lie. West says: "anyone who gives you a belief system is an enemy to freewill learning and self expression. Once you believe, you stop searching for the truth".
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,641 mod
    The last book that I have read was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. But I haven't finished it yet. ;)
    I'm whizzing through Agatha Christie's Murder in the Mews. It's a collection of short stories with Hercule Poirot doing his stuff!
  • Avi9Avi9 Posts: 5
    Has any of you read any book about "Sun gazing"? (Is my English grammatically right?)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Me and Earl and the dying girl'
    It's frisky and also adapted into a film.
    I was cracking up laughing every page.
    I am sure it's a true page turner:)
    @Shiny03 said:

'Me and Earl and the dying girl'

It's frisky and also adapted into a film.

I was cracking up laughing every page.

I am sure it's a true page turner:)

Thank you for sharing this my friend Shiny. I will surely download the E-book of this. :) God bless. :innocent:
    @Avi9 said:

Has any of you read any book about "Sun gazing"? (Is my English grammatically right?)

This is my first time to hear of this book. What's the story all about my friend? :)