Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Who likes singing?

12346»

Comments

• Rere2016Rere2016 Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Very nice
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to learn a few English songs and show off them to my friends in karaoke. What songs do you recommend for that? I want to pick some popular and up-tempo songs so that they can enjoy. And songs with easy lyrics to sing are best.
    I'm practicing this song.
    Green Day Basket Case
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    I was thinking of joining a choir that sings rock songs but their rehearsal day is on a day I can't make! I have a very poor voise though I can sing in tune. Lynne has a lovely voice!
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of joining a choir that sings rock songs but their rehearsal day is on a day I can't make! I have a very poor voise though I can sing in tune. Lynne has a lovely voice!

Agreed. But you sound like her, so does it mean that you have a lovely voice too?

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,669 mod
    @Shiny03: I think @Lynne and @amatsuscribbler have both lovely voices. :)
    I like their british accents as well. ;)
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    Aww thanks @kindgnice, but have you heard me sing?
    @Yellowtail - Some members have run a few karaoke sessions in the past.

Yellow submarine by the Beatles is a good karaoke song, I love Rock and Roll and Happy are worth a go too.
    I haven't heard you singing @Lynne. How I wish I can duet with you some time. ;)
    @Zom and I sang Fairytale of New York together once. It wasn't much like the original though.
    @Lynne
    Thank you for your recommendation! I love the Beatles of course. And Yellow Submarine seems really easy to sing. It should be fun if we sing it with my friends.
    That's cool! Was that recorded in YouTube or other social media? Would like to hear the playback. :) @Lynne
    I love the Eleanor Rigby song of Beatles. @Yellowtail @Lynne
    @kindgnice
    That's one of my most favorite Beatles songs! Especially I love the sound of strings. It makes me feel like I stand on the edge of a cliff.
    By the way, the movie is really cool too!
    Yes buddy. I agree to you. I love singin' with it whenever my Dad plays his soundtracks. :) @Yellowtail
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @kindgnice - I'm afraid only the people in the karaoke session that day could enjoy this interpretation of Fairytale of New York.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zom You're here. :smiley:
    Don't worry @Zom. I'm very appreciative when it comes to music. I'd be glad to hear your duet with @Lynne. :)
    I love singing this song. It helps my voice improve my R&B version of me... :)

• manhalmanhal Posts: 10 ✭✭
    singing with the songs you play through any device is very good for your breathing and motivation i do sing often i have a huge and wide variety collection of music, i just run them in WINAMP software with LYRICS plugin and there you go. :p
    manhal said:

singing with the songs you play through any device is very good for your breathing and motivation i do sing often i have a huge and wide variety collection of music, i just run them in WINAMP software with LYRICS plugin and there you go. :p

Wow! Thank you for commenting! :)
    What are the types of songs/genres you like the most? @manhal
  • ahmed_habibahmed_habib Posts: 51 ✭✭
    i like STROMEA very much
    https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZLDQm9c2E
  • paulohenriquecasasapaulohenriquecasasa Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I sing almost everyday, anytime I want... It is basically what moves me on my daily routine