Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Who / What inspires your art?

TeachTeach Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,878 mod
Peter Mars, an American artist describes what inspires him.

Tagged:

Comments

• GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    For me... it's a beautiful music... especially jazz or blues... honestly, sometimes I think in my previous life I was born on shores of Mississippi river. :smiley:
  • ShellyLealShellyLeal Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Travelling and watching some inspiring movies helps me a lot. I can picture many drawings and stories by what I saw :)
  • hindohindo Posts: 1
    For me , I like calm and warm music more, it makes me more relaxed and happy :blush:
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    @Lynne: Music has an important in emanating and exploring arts within an individual's core talents. :)
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    that is right but i have bad sight with music, it happend when i see backward music :(
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    Do you like singing my friend? @faiz49 :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to talk with intellectuals because they give me a lot of motivation and inspiration. When I am in the field for any community development programmes, I enjoy talking to people and listen to their stories of life.
  • BiyingBiying Posts: 36 ✭✭
    for me it's only my emotion and my feeling. Painting is always the best way to let my feeling out, before I explode.
  • Rere2016Rere2016 Posts: 78 ✭✭
    I prefer photography it a silence life
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,878 mod
    edited June 2017
    What about photos combined with Photoshop skills? Some people might say it's not strictly speaking art, but I enjoy it, and I think it's creative. (It's also a lot less messy than oils and acrylics). :blush:

Here are a couple of my new creations:-

Eagle Sketch

Amatsu 2016 II

Shropshire Hills

Impressions of France

Impressions of France
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    Nice @Lynne (photures or pictos?) They look more like paintings than photos.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 905 OTT

A painting by this Italian artists inspires me

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/06/antonello-da-messina-1475.html

Flowers always inspire me
    http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,929 mod
    I always get inspired by the colours of nature. I enjoy being outside in the summer, and seeing the trees and listening to the birds, and that is always what encourages me to be the most creative.
    @GemmaRowlands those colours are inspirationally
    http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/07/giovanni-da-rimini-national-gallery.html
  • AyaAndalosAyaAndalos Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Teaching Arabic as a second language ..
    @AyaAndalos

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/02/a-method-for-language-acquisition.html

to love and learn
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    All people who got up and set out to journey.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,639 mod
    @Lynne did you use different filters for to create the beautiful pictures which you show on this forum and which resemble like paintings? I will follow too a course of photoshop.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,878 mod
    @Paulette - It is always worth sending me the link to questions I might miss.

Yes, I use a variety of Photoshop filters to achieve these results.
  • mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 124 ✭✭
    MF Hussian great artist inspires me
  • chusproxchusprox Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Well, the inspiration or creativity is something that all of us have. But not all days we own it. Some days we are too inspired and creative and anothers days we are so uncreative. Sometimes, when we are trying for resolve and definitly we can't find the solution but when we stops and go to do others thinks like washing your clothes, or cooking, when your mind isn't thinking in the problem, Tatatachán! You get the solution!

In conclusion, with less thinkins in our minds we can access better to this creativity, so my tool for get inspiration is to meditate.
    chusprox said:

Well, the inspiration or creativity is something that all of us have. But not all days we own it. Some days we are too inspired and creative and anothers days we are so uncreative. Sometimes, when we are trying for resolve and definitly we can't find the solution but when we stops and go to do others thinks like washing your clothes, or cooking, when your mind isn't thinking in the problem, Tatatachán! You get the solution!

In conclusion, with less thinkins in our minds we can access better to this creativity, so my tool for get inspiration is to meditate.

I wish you could choose when you are creative and when you're not, as I know that this would make my job a lot easier.

inspiration from silence

A friend visited the Museum of Modern Art in Nice yesterday. She was left a bit bemused as she found some of the exhibits a bit weird and wonderful.

@mheredge

silence would have been my response to that Art

thank you for letting us become more aware of them

I'm actually quite into this kind of art - though sometimes like my friend, silence might be the only response (as I don't get it). But in general there's something to get in almost anything.
    mheredge said:

A friend visited the Museum of Modern Art in Nice yesterday. She was left a bit bemused as she found some of the exhibits a bit weird and wonderful.

I think a lot of exhibits are unusual, but that's very much the point, as it makes you think about them. The whole point of art is to get your mind working, I think.
    I totally agree @GemmaRowlands. Even if something is not to your personal taste, there are usually some people who like it too. I love variety and I think the older I get, the more types of art I find appealing.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,639 mod
    @mheredge I think that if you understand the meaning of a work of art, you can better understand the feelings or the meaning of the work that has been made. That is why getting the appropriate explanation from an expert is very important! On that way you can appreciate many pieces of art.