Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you like to do at/on the weekend?

What do you like to do on the weekend?
or
What do you like to do at the weekend?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I like to go out with my friends to play some games, eat something and go to church.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    @Glorian what did you do in Russia?
  • srinijsrinij Posts: 204 ✭✭
    In weekend i love to cook verity of food, watch old comedy movies in my native language, play cricket with my friends..
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh @joncunha, as I had mentioned in session I'm a bartender and I'm working at a bar, interacting with many people. On weekend doing some music, and I wish to record debut album... Yeah... I have two passions in my life music and traveling.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,119 mod
    The noise level in the evening mounts as the weekend draws nearer. Everyone is out for a beer. But since I was out on a course all day, I'm glad to flake out and read a book tonight.
  • GulmiraGulmira Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I love just to be at home: watching a movie, reading a book or just doing nothing at weekends! But, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE, because there are many things to be settled. Still, I am trying to be very positive and do everything what I am planned to do with a smile on my face:).
  • prajaktaprajakta Posts: 6
    on weekends i love to watch television.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to meet my friends and stay with my mother speak something special.
    I suppose for me, doing something different to the rest of the week is what makes a weekend special for me. A break in the routine.
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    'cause in the other day i trully busy, so in the weekend i like the most is streaming on youtube, looking for something that make me more had better mood
  • diegopollitodiegopollito Posts: 17 ✭✭
    On weekends I like to eat out and share with my family. Also I enjoy watching movies and programs about social life.
    In Nepal, Sunday is another working day. Only Saturday is a weekend holiday. I still can't get used to this, so I treat Sunday as a day of rest too!
  • safasafa Posts: 21 ✭✭
    the days of weekend are Friday and Saturday, on Friday i like to be at home watching movie or reading books or some articles and on Saturday usually getting out with friends or family.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,615 mod
    I like to eat and sleep to rejuvenate from the stress at work. I also like bonding with my parents and sister. :)
    I think Monday is a public holiday (Holi). In Nepal, most weeks have a holiday for some reason. This article is a fun read on the obsession Nepal has with holidays.

http://nepalitimes.com/regular-columns/backside/gross-national-holiday-index-nepal,678
  • DannyyuDannyyu Posts: 4
    Isloate myself and then listen to music while stay idle for a while ,if it raining that will be great .
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭
    we go to the mosque at 01pm then I go outside with my family maybe to eat in the restaurant or to visit my uncle .
    @mouna that must be exciting
    i do not hang out anywhere. just watching movie
  • KillionKillion Posts: 5
    If there is no plans for going out with family or friends I stay in home and try to write :)
    At the weekend, I like to do something I wouldn't necessarily do during the week. I find if I just stay at home or do what I'd do any other day of the week, I don't feel I've really had a break from the routine.
  • maykmayk Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I want to go to falls nearest in our town. I want to swim whole day.
  • farinamafarinama Posts: 17 ✭✭
    At the weekend I usually do what I can't do during the week: to tidy up my home, to relax on the sofa, to cook deliciuos foods and so on!
    This weekend I had to remind myself Saturday wasn't Sunday and now today, it feels almost like I have a bonus Sunday!
  • jcfbjcfb Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Usually I hang out with my friends. I´m also a chess player and sometimes I have tournaments on weekends.

If I have nothing to do, I just relax at home :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I sleep most of the time because I am on holiday! Yay! I am like a slug or any other animal who is lazy like me. But, these days, I am busy due to my exam so no rest!
    I think I know how you feel @Bubbly. When it is too hot, I really don't want to move. I have to really make a bit effort to get off my bed earlier this afternoon.
  • tomatoma Posts: 5
    l like to go my village and spent time at the river or sea.
  • AndikaAndika Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I always do my hobby that's playing game, and spending all of the day with my family.. Like making a cake or just playing games
    I'm thinking that I might go out for the day again tomorrow, to take advantage of the nice weather. Then on Sunday morning, I am going to spend the morning doing yoga. I love weekends.