Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you like to do at/on the weekend?

What do you like to do on the weekend?
or
What do you like to do at the weekend?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I like to go out with my friends to play some games, eat something and go to church.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    @Glorian what did you do in Russia?
  • srinijsrinij Posts: 204 Inactive
    In weekend i love to cook verity of food, watch old comedy movies in my native language, play cricket with my friends..
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh @joncunha, as I had mentioned in session I'm a bartender and I'm working at a bar, interacting with many people. On weekend doing some music, and I wish to record debut album... Yeah... I have two passions in my life music and traveling.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    The noise level in the evening mounts as the weekend draws nearer. Everyone is out for a beer. But since I was out on a course all day, I'm glad to flake out and read a book tonight.
  • GulmiraGulmira Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I love just to be at home: watching a movie, reading a book or just doing nothing at weekends! But, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE, because there are many things to be settled. Still, I am trying to be very positive and do everything what I am planned to do with a smile on my face:).
  • prajaktaprajakta Posts: 6
    on weekends i love to watch television.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to meet my friends and stay with my mother speak something special.
    I suppose for me, doing something different to the rest of the week is what makes a weekend special for me. A break in the routine.
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    'cause in the other day i trully busy, so in the weekend i like the most is streaming on youtube, looking for something that make me more had better mood
  • diegopollitodiegopollito Posts: 17 ✭✭
    On weekends I like to eat out and share with my family. Also I enjoy watching movies and programs about social life.
    In Nepal, Sunday is another working day. Only Saturday is a weekend holiday. I still can't get used to this, so I treat Sunday as a day of rest too!
  • safasafa Posts: 22 ✭✭
    the days of weekend are Friday and Saturday, on Friday i like to be at home watching movie or reading books or some articles and on Saturday usually getting out with friends or family.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,669 mod
    I like to eat and sleep to rejuvenate from the stress at work. I also like bonding with my parents and sister. :)
    I think Monday is a public holiday (Holi). In Nepal, most weeks have a holiday for some reason. This article is a fun read on the obsession Nepal has with holidays.

http://nepalitimes.com/regular-columns/backside/gross-national-holiday-index-nepal,678
  • DannyyuDannyyu Posts: 4
    Isloate myself and then listen to music while stay idle for a while ,if it raining that will be great .
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    we go to the mosque at 01pm then I go outside with my family maybe to eat in the restaurant or to visit my uncle .
    @mouna that must be exciting
    i do not hang out anywhere. just watching movie
  • KillionKillion Posts: 6
    If there is no plans for going out with family or friends I stay in home and try to write :)
    At the weekend, I like to do something I wouldn't necessarily do during the week. I find if I just stay at home or do what I'd do any other day of the week, I don't feel I've really had a break from the routine.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    I want to go to falls nearest in our town. I want to swim whole day.
  • farinamafarinama Posts: 17 ✭✭
    At the weekend I usually do what I can't do during the week: to tidy up my home, to relax on the sofa, to cook deliciuos foods and so on!
    This weekend I had to remind myself Saturday wasn't Sunday and now today, it feels almost like I have a bonus Sunday!
  • jcfbjcfb Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Usually I hang out with my friends. I´m also a chess player and sometimes I have tournaments on weekends.

If I have nothing to do, I just relax at home :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I sleep most of the time because I am on holiday! Yay! I am like a slug or any other animal who is lazy like me. But, these days, I am busy due to my exam so no rest!
    I think I know how you feel @Bubbly. When it is too hot, I really don't want to move. I have to really make a bit effort to get off my bed earlier this afternoon.
  • tomatoma Posts: 5
    l like to go my village and spent time at the river or sea.
  • AndikaAndika Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I always do my hobby that's playing game, and spending all of the day with my family.. Like making a cake or just playing games
    I'm thinking that I might go out for the day again tomorrow, to take advantage of the nice weather. Then on Sunday morning, I am going to spend the morning doing yoga. I love weekends.