Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Pain

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
No pain, no gain.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    “If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
    Pain is a part of growing up. It's how we learn.
    DAN BROWN, Angels & Demons
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,502 mod
    I think often women have a high pain threshold. Maybe it's to do with having babies. One friend who had her husband watch when she gave birth to their daughter said that afterwards, he said that if he'd realised how painful the whole process would be, he might have had second thoughts about being a father!
    How cute his husband to care of her feelings! :)
    But I suppose they're happy now with their daughter. This is the life. The birth is painful, too.
    “Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and scarce in that.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack
    “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, Men Without Women
    "The pain of the mind is worse than the pain of the body."
    Publilius Syrus (1st Century BC-?) Roman writer and poet.
    Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.
    -Paulo Coelho
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,502 mod
    It depends what you are waiting for, doesn't it @Csilla? I've never felt it to be painful waiting for a bus!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.
    Julius Caesar
    "Time doesn’t heal wounds, it just makes them old enough that you get used to the pain."
    DJ