Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Draw a plan for 2016

oussouss Posts: 55 ✭✭
Good evening every one, and welcome to my first discussion subject ever in this wonderful forum. With no more than three days left for the new year to begin, it is an opportunity for each and everyone of us to draw a plan or to reshape his/her original plan for 2016. The idea is that we share dreams, ideas, plans, experiences, and anything that serves the purpose of planing a vision of achievements for the new year. Having that said, let's brainstorm and learn from each others experiences!

Comments

• nanynany Posts: 50 Inactive
    It is a good discussion ☺
  • oussouss Posts: 55 ✭✭
    @nany - what do you think it would be nice to achieve in the 2016 ?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    I already had the first four months of next year mapped out @ouss (travelling to Vietnam, Thailand, Bangladesh, Nepal and France). I'm only just starting to work out what and where I want to be for the the following eight months. My problem is that I have too many ideas!
    @ouss I think I will go out with my friends to spend a wonderful day
    @mheredge said:
    My problem is that I have too many ideas!
    try to focus on what went wrong in 2015 , and what went good, and try to ask yourself why did it went this way ? that would give you an idea of what to do in the coming time to get better results ,,,?
    > @nany said:
    > @ouss I think I will go out with my friends to spend a wonderful day

good luck for that ... but don't think just for today or tomorrow !! try to look forward at a year vision and a year planing ...
    Yes sure... you're right @ouss
    That's hard @ouss. I'm not sure if anything (within my control that is) went wrong for me last year. So I suppose I'd be happy if next year is as good as this one.
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,876 mod
    I'm determined to be better organised in 2016. :smile:
  • LienLien Posts: 266 Inactive
    I do not want to be backward in 2016. I want to be a good English user.
    I'm determined to be more disciplined in 2016.
  • 1b2b3b41b2b3b4 Posts: 4
    First of all, I want to use very well english because I need it.
    The second is to change my behaviour, to make more friends.
    Also I want to put the things in order on my new job.
    The 2016 it will be a great year for every one that want to make something different, something new, I feel that.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am determined to overcome my fears. :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @1b2b3b4 very clear plan. All the best! :)
  • TerryTerry Posts: 7
    :) 2016.1.1 I already broke up with My girlfriend,
    I hop new year Find a girlfriend
    I hop my family Healthy body.
    Oh dear @Terry. Good luck in achieving your goals in the coming year.
  • LienLien Posts: 266 Inactive
    I am persistent in learning English and get a good score.
    Well, the rest of plan is my secret.
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,876 mod
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,698 mod
    I didn't post in this thread, but I DID stick to my plans for last year. I planned to buy a new car, which I did, to gain a couple of achievements at work, which I did, and I wanted to save enough money for a house deposit, which I also did! (Though I haven't actually made the purchase yet as I haven't found the perfect house).
  • walterwalter Posts: 168 ✭✭
    My main goal is to taught english language. It is my goal for this year, and sure it`s be my goal in the next year. When I learn english language, then will began new goals which I have to achieve. My goal is not only to learn english, I also have another goals, but this is for me currently the highest goal. I really hope that I will achieve that goal.
    I can't remember what plans I had this time last year, except that the past year went okay, so I probably did what I set out to do @Lynne. But I'm not a very ambitious person and I'm easily pleased!