Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My one morning.

LienLien Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
Good morning (Well, in my country, now is sun rises and start a new week. I just wake up and send "Good night" to countries where sun sets). How are you? I hope all of you will have a nice day.

Now, I am surfing Internet and find out Discovery Channel to listen. I listen with earphone. Although my English ability is not enough to understand these episodes, they speak clearly. Then I hold my 5000-English word-book to read at least one page. My book is as small as my hand. My hand is pretty small. I consider the 5000-English word-book to be the Holy Bible. (I want to emphasize the importance of learning English vocabulary so I write like that, I hope I write correctly).

Well. I am not a boaster. I want to write something in English everyday and I expect that someone can read it, and everyone will be willing to support, communicate to me, or recommend, find out mistakes (structure, grammar, vocabulary, collocation, etc), and correct mistakes. I try to take advantages of opportunity everyday for using and learning English. I do not have any chance to practise English in which I live. I hope my post do not bother you.

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lien What do you like to watch on Discovery Channel?
  • LienLien Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Well, I am keen on watching this programme because of many reasons. Initially, it mentions varied topics which sound interesting. For example, it talks about medical, science, construction, history, fashion, and so on. While practising English listening skill, I am exploring stories on the global to expand my undertanding. I do not know what they speak, but I still see images. Secondly, it has a large number of vocabularies related to real life and English tests (ielts, toefl). When I focus on listening, sometimes I catch some words, then I catch a phrase, or a collocation, and even a completed sentence (rarely). I usually listen to one eposide again and again. After absorbing sound, I whisper what I listened and understood. Thanks to listening, I also learn new things, such as structures, new words, grammar, and so on. Thirdly, the language of programme is natural and polite. Their speed rate is okay, whereas CNN reporters' speed is fast to me. I also learn pronunciation, stressing, and intonation. Voice of the reporters are pretty beautiful. Besides, the broadcast television in my country also broadcasts the channel with my mother tougue subtitle, so at least I understand the episodes basically.
  • shahadatshahadat Posts: 1
    hi i am shahadat, from Bangladesh. now i want to talk about a morning .what happened that day? .i do not to seem that day but sometimes it has remind , why i do not to seem the day, because the day of morning was very peace , any one wasn't with me.
    @shahadat Hi and welcome to the forum. Morning has its own charm and serenity. I like dawn because it gives me a hope of another day and refresh my soul fully.
    @shahadat @Bubbly Well, I'm busy, so I have not visited the forum for a long time.
    I did not spent much time on using internet.
    I really want to join your sessions. However, it is difficult for me to wait for your session because different time-zone. If you online in the morning or afternoon, my place is at night or mid-night :( If going to bed late, I will not be good tomorrow.

@Bubbly Because of my low English ability, I made Csilla (one of members on forum) sad. I am not good at English vocabulary, so I do not know how to use right English word. I wanted to find antonym of "open-minded". However, I did not pay attention to its meaning. And I do not anyone to explain English to me. I struggle with English by myself. My English ability limits.

@shahadat This is my valuable lesson, NEVER use this word "narrow-minded" in language, its meaning is extremely terrible and rude.
    @Lien don't worry. We are here for fun. So, don't take anything personal. :) Enjoy your stay and take part in discussions. I am here to encourage you a lot.
    Thank you @Bubbly Recently I am busy, so I do not write anything on the forum. After a busy day, I am so tired that I want to roll myself into the blanket to sleep. I do not touch internet. I miss all of you :)
    Now, I am trying to find the new method to learn English without technology or hi-tech. I have no time to surf internet.
    @Lien stay safe and enjoy your time. :)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,606 mod
    Every morning, I experience mild headache and I don't know why? :/
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,179 mod
    Do you sleep well @kindgnice ?
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,606 mod
    I always find it hard to sleep well. But I'm trying. :) @amatsuscribbler
  • nain_khan1nain_khan1 Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Its very hard to awake up early in morning but its good for us.
    @nain_khan1 same here. But, we have to. :)
    @Bubbly
    @Bubbly
    @Bubbly
    my messages are not going?
    @Bubbly its ok now.
    @nain_khan1 I can see four to five messages at a time. :)
    not again.@bubbly.
This discussion has been closed.