Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Studying the forum?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,186 mod
edited December 2015 in New Members
Can you really "study the forum"?
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• cse00241cse00241 Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    Hi i want to study my MSC in foreign country.i need to speak English fluently can any one give me the link that can helpful.
    I have study about the forum i send it in link. I am also study about the forum.

it can give a natural sounding and not SPAM-MY post.
    here also discuss about what they do do a good job . I am interest about it . Thank you everyone.it can help full if any one can learn about it .
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    @Lynne, what does this question mean? I didn't get it! maybe I can make a study about the forum, or hang around the forum, is that right?
  • LienLien Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    The webpage is awesome to me. I do not have any chance to practise English in which I live. So I take time to find learning English forums on the Internet. Well, I have registered some forums, but no confirm. Fortunately, the webpage still operates. I am exploring the webpage. I try my best. I hope I will reach goals in learning English in the near future. Thank you to the administrators.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,606 mod
    'Study the forum'? Perhaps this pertains to learning from the posts incorporated in a forum. And that depends on the individual's approach on how he/she will take advantage of the forum's features. ;)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I can study, read, feel, listen, understand etc. the forum. :) Don't ask me to elaborate it more. :)
  • shasha96shasha96 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    yeah, we can study the forum. I love to read what people are talking about, how they are using grammar to make sentence, their vocabularies it helps me in improving my english. though i also see the forum topics and watch out or study every topics so yeah you can study.. ( i couldnt able to explain it well sorry) :)
    @shasha96 observation is also a way of learning. I hope that you learn by reading different discussions. :)
    edited May 2016
    @Bubbly yeah Aapi I have learnt a lot of things from this forum or different discussions. Thanks to you all and Leo members. :)
    @shasha96 I am happy that I found another sister here. :)
  • onehitkoonehitko Posts: 3
    yeah, I'm started the studies in this language in the last week... I try to translate all the words in the forum...

Today I don't have any knowledge...
    I hope to find help for this long journey Here!
    @onehitko Hello. Welcome to the forum. Please explore other sections so that you can know more about this forum. :)
    @shasha96 wrote: »
    yeah, we can study the forum. I love to read what people are talking about, how they are using grammar to make sentence, their vocabularies it helps me in improving my english. though i also see the forum topics and watch out or study every topics so yeah you can study.. ( i couldnt able to explain it well sorry) :)

That's an excellent learning curve my friend. ;)
    @onehitko wrote: »
    yeah, I'm started the studies in this language in the last week... I try to translate all the words in the forum...

Today I don't have any knowledge...
    I hope to find help for this long journey Here!

Welcome to LEO network my friend. We're a family here and we'll help each other towards English proficiency. See you soon in Skype sessions. ;)
    @Bubbly Aapi, I'm glad to have met you here, Really, you are so sweet, helpful, lovely, funny and always encourage people I love that things about you. Thankyou for being my sister. :love: :)
  • BellBell Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Maybe looking for inspiration in the forum, yes. I can study the forum if I am looking for correction to my own posts or others correction and mistakes. I used to listen to the live chat recordings on youtube and it helped a bit. I guess I could've made the best out of it if people are chatting about specific topic.

I think yes I can study the forum in this way.
    @Bell wrote: »
    Maybe looking for inspiration in the forum, yes. I can study the forum if I am looking for correction to my own posts or others correction and mistakes. I used to listen to the live chat recordings on youtube and it helped a bit. I guess I could've made the best out of it if people are chatting about specific topic.

I think yes I can study the forum in this way.

See you soon in Skype sessions my friend. ;)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is I do learn a lot from it.
    Only one frustration: I CAN'T browse all the discussions! I'm trying to conquer the whole LEO...
    @shasha96 thank you for your kind words. You are really a brave girl. I liked to talk to you as well. Please next time don't hesitate to take part in discussions in LEN English Speaking Club. :)
    @Bell if you want to improve your conversation in writing, this forum is best for it. You can also join LEN Skype sessions if you want to improve your speaking skills. Participate a little bit more and you will get your second star, then send your Skype ID to Lynne through a private message who will add you to the LEN Skype group.
    @Shiny03 it is so simple. Click on the main title in the home page and then click on the sub titles to participate in different discussions. For example, new introduction is the main title on home page, when you will click on it, you will find these subtitle:-

http://learn-english-forum.org/categories/new_members

Open each discussion one by one and share your views. :)
    @Shiny03 wrote: »
    All I can say is I do learn a lot from it.
    Only one frustration: I CAN'T browse all the discussions! I'm trying to conquer the whole LEO...

That's the great motivation my friend. Dream high and soar high, and share the blessings to others. :innocent:
    I dream high,but soar low....sharing,sure,why not?
    And you're actually doing my friend. Bless you! @Shiny03
    Thank you,but can't compare to your altruism @kindgnice
    @Shiny03 wrote: »
    Thank you,but can't compare to your altruism @kindgnice

Honestly, I'm always learning reading your posts my friend. ;)
    Honestly, I'm always put a high premium on you,my friend, @kindgnice
    Thank you. And I also respect you and your culture my friend. ;) @Shiny03
    Thank you, and I am enjoying Harry Potter again in these days.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,707 mod
    You can study on the Forum, but unless you are researching into how people use it, then you're not studying the Forum.