Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you like to read?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,527 mod
Reading is a wonderful thing that many people enjoy doing, but where do you like to read the most?

For me, I like to read outside in the garden when the weather is nice and sunny. Unfortunately I am not able to do this at the moment because the weather is wet and cold, so instead I have an armchair in front of the fire where I can read my book and be nice and warm.

What about you? Where do you like to sit when you're reading?

Comments

• ctpokectpoke Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I can read everywhere, because I'm a total bookworm; but my favorite place to read is library. I sit at my university's comfortable seat and read for hours.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,527 mod
    Ah yes, when I was at university I would do that too. If I knew I had time between lectures I would take a book with me and sit down to read. I have actually been late to lectures countless times because I had lost track of the time while I sat reading.
    Who can blame you? Time goes away while you're reading
  • WhisktsWhiskts Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I don't think that there is any special place where I like read most. There must be quietly. So, usually this is my room or any other room in my house.
    Yes I agree that time can pass quickly whilst reading, and I honestly believe that to be a very good thing indeed. Because I like to disappear into another world when I have my head in a book, and this is certainly possible when I am sitting comfortable reading a story that I am enjoying.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    How do I like to read ?
    I don't like to read I prefer to listen to someone reading for me, that's why I perfer audiio books
  • IssacachayaIssacachaya Posts: 2
    Kindle mostly
  • IwonaIwona Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I can read everywhere. I commute to work by train and I always read a book in train. The best place for me is my bed. I usually read a book before sleeping. I don't have to sit to read a book. I just need to have few, free minutes. Whenever I have some free time, I usually use it to read books.
    Yeah, sometimes a few minutes before class are also enough
    @zakaria_dandouni1 I too enjoy audio books, but only when I am travelling, because I don't really like reading at those times. Most of the time, I like to read the words myself because I can use my own imagination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I like reading on sofà. Of course my favorite books are ones english. I find a lot of difficulties to do it but it's necessary now for to learn it.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Omg @GemmaRowlands I'm your opposite it's only when I'm traveling that really really love to read haha.
    what was the last book you read ?
    The last book I read was called "Case Histories" by Kate Atkinson. It was interesting, and a little different to the books that I usually read, but I enjoyed it all the same.
  • hazel27hazel27 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    I like read on sofa with blanket and a hot tea with me ;) I can't read when I go by bus or car, because I have motion sickness, so then I choose audio books.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,311 mod
    When I commuted, I always had a book with me. I sometimes read before going to sleep. I prefer when there's not too much noise, but I'm fairly good at reading anywhere except, like you @hazel27, in a car or bus.
    @hazel27 what you have described sounds wonderful to me. Being able to sit alone, nice and warm with a drink, and losing yourself in a good book. I hope to be able to do that this weekend.
    Recently I had good opportunity to read book for half a day. In bookshops came out new book of my favourite Polish author. I prepared week earlier to be able to afford a day off ;)
    Being able to read for so long at once is wonderful @hazel27 I bet you enjoyed that a lot. I am trying to put a day aside for reading this weekend, but at the moment it isn't looking likely that I will be able to do it.
    I'm sorry to hear that @GemmaRowlands. I will have busy weekend too. I must try harder to not shifts work for tomorrow if I can do it today ;) When I think about holidays, my books and reading all day come to me first.
    You should always get your work done as soon as possible, because then you can enjoy yourself when it is finished. I could never settle down to read if I knew I had work to do, so it all has to be completed before I even think about it.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,311 mod
    I'm like you @GemmaRowlands. I get the work finished first and then I can relax and read or watch a movie. I was like this with homework when I was a student. My sister was the opposite and used to put off doing her homework till the last minute.
    Yes I never left my homework to the last minute @mheredge because if I did that I wouldn't be able to do it to the best of my ability, because I would be panicking about whether or not I would be able to get it in on time.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like reading when my mood is good and I can read anywhere. But, mostly I like to sit in a sofa in the living room and enjoy reading. Sometimes, in the terrace when weather is pleasant. :)
    I love reading when I am in a good mood. But also, if I am in a bad mood I find that reading can calm me down a lot, so I do that sometimes.
    @GemmaRowlands Many people read when they are in a bad mood but I can't. In a bad mood, it is difficult for me to concentrate on reading. But, again it varies from person to person.
    Yes I agree it does vary. It also depends what I am in a bad mood about. If it is just something that has annoyed me slightly, reading will help, but sometimes I can't get things out of my mind, so reading doesn't help at all.
    I like to read books when I am relax as I thoroughly enjoy the concepts and themes. It also helps me to know about new words and increase my vocabulary.
    I also like to read when I am relaxed as it can really help you to get into the story and enjoy it. I feel almost as though I am in another world with the characters in the book, and that is a wonderful feeling.
  • FaridmadiFaridmadi Posts: 125 ✭✭
    yeah indeed, reading requires relaxed atmosphere and as to me, my tendency towards reading is variable i mean sometimes i get to have appetite to read other time having desire for other stuffs )))
    I would also like to try other things @Faridmadi and I want to try to find some books about British history, because I am very interested in it.