Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you keep warm in the winter?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,307 mod
It is winter in my country at the moment, which means that I have been thinking about how I can keep warm during the winter months.

I often try to wear more layers of clothing, as well as using heating to keep the house warm.

What about you? How do you manage to keep yourself warm during the winter months?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,992 mod
    A nice warm scarf or shawl is useful in or outdoors. I have quite a collection in different colours, sizes and materials. At the moment I'm sporting a very nice yak wool one.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod
    I think it is nice to have a scarf that matches perfectly with each outfit that you own, because this means that you can keep warm and still be fashionable. I am thinking of investing in some more scarfs when I am paid next week, as this should help me to keep much warmer.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,992 mod
    At the moment it's cold enough that some people have started using electric heaters. The problem is that the electricity circuits can't cope and so the past couple of days there have been continous power cuts.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod
    Yes I think a lot of houses struggle when the weather gets colder because people want to heat themselves, so they try to put too much on at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.