Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Ice cream

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @RoseOZ Hi. Where do you live? I couldn't get the cereal in ice-cream.
    @nain_khan1 I also like cornetto especially with chocolate flavour. :)
  • JeyasriJeyasri Posts: 74 ✭✭
    @Bubbly eating ice cream is not only fun in childhood days now also.
    @Jeyasri but those days have special feelings. I enjoy it now as well but I can't miss 'gola ganda' and kulfi full of nuts. :)
  • JeyasriJeyasri Posts: 74 ✭✭
    @Bubbly Exactly.now also are you usually taste those ice creams ?
  • RoseOZRoseOZ Posts: 54 ✭✭
    @Bubbly It has a long time I have not seen you. I'm Lien, however, I have lost my email and password, so I must set up new account.
    In my country, they have many different type. Cereal consists of green bean, black bean, red bean, etc. They are mixed with something such as coconut, red rice, milk, sugar, etc. Lastly, ice-cream made from them.
    @Jeyasri now taste of ice creams are different especially kulfi. Time changed a lot!
    @RoseOZ Hi Lien. Welcome back. I would love to eat this type of ice-cream if available in Pakistan.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @Lynne Vanilla ice cream prices rise after poor harvest in Madagascar.
    can you tell us how you can make ice cream with vanilla ? in Egypt usually using fruits and milk to make ice cream
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,462 mod
    I had a really good ice cream last week, made with finely chopped mango, that was mixed with the ice cream and served with with some salt and lime. It was delicious but I've never come across it anywhere else.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,461 mod
    I doubt that the ice cream sellers have made a good business so far by this kind of weather.

My favourite ice cream producer has ordered a new display *) here all sorts of ice-cream are visible. By now it hasnˋt been delivert yet.
    *) Can anyone of you help me how to name this kind of thing where the ice cream is waiting to be sold. It is neither a van nor a shed.
    @Khalied @Ezîza @Just-Learn @homanmih @Anurada @torellip

Do you like Kulfi? I think it is a special type of Ice cream that is available in different countries. :)

• AnuradaAnurada Posts: 207 Inactive
    @Bubbly oh wow I really like kulfi.( khoyae wali kulfi) It is my all time favorite dessert in summers. :) I bought here once, but I didn't find real taste.
    @Anurada even I miss the taste of kulfi that I used to eat in my childhood. Now, I enjoy 'kulfa' or 'falooda more especially from some local shops.

Kulfa

Falooda

@Bubbly please don't share it. It is making my mouth water:). This is quite late but I am eating strawberry ice cream because I can't stop myself.
    @Anurada I am also feeling some temptation now. :) I hope that I will eat Falooda today if my colleagues agreed to my suggestion after lunch.
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    I love ice-cream <3 . I can not stop eating it while it's in front of me! But I'm not sure if I know Kulfi @Bubbly! is it a special kind of ice-cream? what is it made of?
    @Just-Learn You can find the recipe here. May be it helps you to understand it more.
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Bubbly for sharing this video :)! First time I know about Mava as well. If I can make it at home, I'll try to make Kulfi, it seems easy to prepare, isn't it?
    @Just-Learn yes it is. Try it and you will definitely like it.
  • EzîzaEzîza Posts: 576 ✭✭✭
    @Bubbly there is Falooda in Kurdistan but never taste it .
    @Ezîza You should try at least once. I am sure You will like it.
    @bubbly Have you had your ice cream? ;)
    @Anurada , I feel that taste like spaghetti :confused:
    edited July 2016
    Thanks @Bubbly to share the video with us , kulfi seems yummy and :yum: easy to prepare it.
    @Ezîza yeah it has vermicelli and ice cream. didn't you like it?
    @Ezîza nice to know that you falooda is available in Kurdistan. It is really yummy. You must taste it once.
    edited July 2016
    @Anurada I made kulfi once. The recipe is really easy and the taste is better than the ready made kulfi.

@Shiny03 also shared an easy recipe in the previous pages. You should also consider it if you want to make ice-cream at home.
    @Khalied What about you? Do you like to eat Kulfi or Falooda?
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly @Ezîza I think falooda invisible here maybe in tourism places and I prefer fruits and milk or chocolate and I visit my best friend yesterday and his wife introduce Ice cream made by her it's tasty :)