Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Ice cream

BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,008 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
An idea pop up in my mind about ice-cream when @Hermine told me about her favourite ice-cream in the chocolate thread.

Lets talk about ice-cream.

What is your favourite ice-cream?
What are your favourite flavours in ice-cream?
How often do you eat ice-cream?
Which ice-cream desserts do you like the most?
Did you ever try to make it at home? ;)

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,008 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like the ice creams by Walls company because they bring innovative ideas in ice cream from time to time and we can easily find a variety of ice creams in our area. :) I like chocolate and pineapple flavours in ice cream. I like to eat ice cream once in a week. I like ice cream cake and we usually bring it when there is any celebration. I tried once to make ice cream at home but it ended up with ice cream syrup with a bitter taste of cocoa. :) :)
  • ElvinElvin Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I have a short story about ice-cream from this summer, and maybe you will like it, @Bubbly :)
    I with my friends were passing by a cafe and one of them said that - guys, if some day you want to eat a tasty ice-cream, this cafe is the best place you can find in the city. One of the guys asked huw much is the ice-cream in this cafe? That guy answered that the price is normal and told to us how much costs one ice-cream in that cafe.
    At that time some of guys were shocked of the price and said that - how dare you to call this price as normal price. It is too much expensive. So during some hours my friends had a huge argument about the price of the ice-cream in that cafe. Some of them were saying that the price is not high, the ice-cream is worth this price if it really is tasty, others were claiming that - it is too expensive.
    Some weeks after that I had a guest from another country and decided to go with him to that cafe and taste this ice-cream. We ate it, it really was very tasty, and when paying I found out that - my friend had wrong information about the price of the ice-cream in this cafe, in fact the ice-cream was not so expensive.
    So I want to say that we had a huge argument because of price, which turned out a wrong price :)
    And the moral of this story is (remembering your fables, Bubbly) - don't argue if you don't have facts in front of you :)
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    What is your favourite ice-cream?
    I like this kind of ice-cream: cream/tan/amber ice cream with a casting of hot chocolate all around and whipped cream on the top. (charlotte creole)

What are your favourite flavours in ice-cream?
    Chocolate, of course.

How often do you eat ice-cream?
    It's absurd! Although I sell ice-cream in my restaurant, in recent years I rarely eat ice-cream.

Which ice-cream desserts do you like the most?
    Tarte Tatin!!!
    The tarte Tatin (French pronunciation: ​[taʁt tatɛ̃]) is an upside-down pastry in which the fruit, usually apples, (we use apples) are caramelized in butter and sugar before the tart is baked......with ice-cream on the top. Spectacular!

Did you ever try to make it at home?
    Yes, I did, many years ago, but I think it is a pointless job in Italy, because we have a lot of excellent ice-cream parlours which sell a good ice-cream at fair price.
    It is very difficult to make an ice-cream similar to them.
    @Elvin I never thought that my storytellers session inspired you in that way. But, I am happy to say that now you are a certified storyteller. :) :)
    @Igor_Lovera I am sure you made a very tasty and delicious ice cream. So, I will eat pizza as well as ice cream made by you. :)
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,673 mod
    Nice has inherited an impressive number of ice cream parlours from its next door neighbour. One place sells around a hundred vain ties at any one time. You're spoilt for choice. My favourite is pistachio or butterscotch, though a melted chocolate topping like @Igor_Lovera suggests wouldn't be amiss. That said, I rarely eat the stuff other than when I go to the Barbican Cinema in London where they sell delicious little tubs of butterscotch ice cream.
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @Bubbly Well, actually we don't make ice-cream, we buy it.
    It would be nice, but we don't have the space or a special room to make ice-cream.
    Most restaurants don't make ice-cream for themselves.
    I will wait for you for pizza or spaghetti, and a lot of desserts. ;)
    @Igor_Lovera that's lovely. I hope we will enjoy the ice cream of different favours. :)
    @mheredge I also like pistachio flavour but I didn't try butterscotch yet.
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I like a mixture of chocolate and banana ice cream.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,677 mod
    I love eating ice cream when the weather is warm in the summer, because it can help me to cool down. I like sweet flavours like chocolate, fudge and vanilla. I also like to make my own ice cream, but I haven't had chance to do that lately because I have been very busy.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows the most unusual Ice cream recipe?
    For example, You can made a sauce with juice orange, mustard and vanilla ice cream.
    But in this case, nobody is not be responsible for what can happen.
  • sanket829sanket829 Posts: 1
    I like ice cream very much. I mostly preferred ice cream during summer season. My favorite ice cream is by Natural Guva flavor.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice-cream!!
    I love it!,but I have sinusitis so,I have to prevent eating it in the winter.My favourite flavour is dark chocolate.I also like vanilla ice cream covered with blackberry(syrup).
  • I love ice crem very much so I eat it all the year around. My favourite flavour are vanilla and pinenuts.
    @mariarosy Hi and welcome to the forum.

It seems you like ice cream so much that is why you eat it throughout a year. :)
  • eng.samuellpeng.samuellp Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I love italian ice creams, like sorbetos, and now we're in spring in south america so temperature rises every day, for example today it's around 30°C. My favourites are belgium chocolate and mint.
    @Glorian what is your favourite ice-cream? :)
    @eng.samuellp Belgium chocolate is Ok. What is mint?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,677 mod
    I agree with you @eng.samuellp that Italian ice creams are amazing. I think a lot of the best recipes come from Italy, and as a result of this the food always seems to taste a lot better when it comes from that country. I have only visited Italy once, but I was very impressed by what I found.
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    In this season is snow @Bubbly.
    @Glorian so you like snow ice-cream. :)
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Bubbly, fortunately a lot of it around.
  • yijunliuyijunliu Posts: 14 ✭✭
    One of my favorites ice cream is a very simple vanilla ice cream, sometime with chocolate. However, I try to avoid to eat too much sweet food due to high calorie.Tasty food always seems to be not healthy :'(
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @yijunliu right you should care about your health. If I have to choose vanilla or chocolate ice cream, I would prefer vanilla ice cream.
    @Rafiarema vanilla is the most common and oldest flavour in ice cream. But, now there is a variety of flavours that have totally changed the charm of vanilla.
  • mrabrar09mrabrar09 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I like kulfi :)
  • safasafa Posts: 21 ✭✭
    usually i don't eat ice cream,, just i don't have much a desire of it. but when i buy some i'd love to have it with biscuit or to be specific with oreo (OREO flavor that's what they call it here) ,,it's so yummy :)
    @safa I like Oreo biscuits but now idea about Oreo flavour. :)
    @mrabrar09 I also like Kulfi with almonds and pistachio.