Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Ice cream

BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
An idea pop up in my mind about ice-cream when @Hermine told me about her favourite ice-cream in the chocolate thread.

Lets talk about ice-cream.

What is your favourite ice-cream?
What are your favourite flavours in ice-cream?
How often do you eat ice-cream?
Which ice-cream desserts do you like the most?
Did you ever try to make it at home? ;)

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like the ice creams by Walls company because they bring innovative ideas in ice cream from time to time and we can easily find a variety of ice creams in our area. :) I like chocolate and pineapple flavours in ice cream. I like to eat ice cream once in a week. I like ice cream cake and we usually bring it when there is any celebration. I tried once to make ice cream at home but it ended up with ice cream syrup with a bitter taste of cocoa. :) :)
  • ElvinElvin Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    I have a short story about ice-cream from this summer, and maybe you will like it, @Bubbly :)
    I with my friends were passing by a cafe and one of them said that - guys, if some day you want to eat a tasty ice-cream, this cafe is the best place you can find in the city. One of the guys asked huw much is the ice-cream in this cafe? That guy answered that the price is normal and told to us how much costs one ice-cream in that cafe.
    At that time some of guys were shocked of the price and said that - how dare you to call this price as normal price. It is too much expensive. So during some hours my friends had a huge argument about the price of the ice-cream in that cafe. Some of them were saying that the price is not high, the ice-cream is worth this price if it really is tasty, others were claiming that - it is too expensive.
    Some weeks after that I had a guest from another country and decided to go with him to that cafe and taste this ice-cream. We ate it, it really was very tasty, and when paying I found out that - my friend had wrong information about the price of the ice-cream in this cafe, in fact the ice-cream was not so expensive.
    So I want to say that we had a huge argument because of price, which turned out a wrong price :)
    And the moral of this story is (remembering your fables, Bubbly) - don't argue if you don't have facts in front of you :)
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    What is your favourite ice-cream?
    I like this kind of ice-cream: cream/tan/amber ice cream with a casting of hot chocolate all around and whipped cream on the top. (charlotte creole)

What are your favourite flavours in ice-cream?
    Chocolate, of course.

How often do you eat ice-cream?
    It's absurd! Although I sell ice-cream in my restaurant, in recent years I rarely eat ice-cream.

Which ice-cream desserts do you like the most?
    Tarte Tatin!!!
    The tarte Tatin (French pronunciation: ​[taʁt tatɛ̃]) is an upside-down pastry in which the fruit, usually apples, (we use apples) are caramelized in butter and sugar before the tart is baked......with ice-cream on the top. Spectacular!

Did you ever try to make it at home?
    Yes, I did, many years ago, but I think it is a pointless job in Italy, because we have a lot of excellent ice-cream parlours which sell a good ice-cream at fair price.
    It is very difficult to make an ice-cream similar to them.
    @Elvin I never thought that my storytellers session inspired you in that way. But, I am happy to say that now you are a certified storyteller. :) :)
    @Igor_Lovera I am sure you made a very tasty and delicious ice cream. So, I will eat pizza as well as ice cream made by you. :)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,119 mod
    Nice has inherited an impressive number of ice cream parlours from its next door neighbour. One place sells around a hundred vain ties at any one time. You're spoilt for choice. My favourite is pistachio or butterscotch, though a melted chocolate topping like @Igor_Lovera suggests wouldn't be amiss. That said, I rarely eat the stuff other than when I go to the Barbican Cinema in London where they sell delicious little tubs of butterscotch ice cream.
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @Bubbly Well, actually we don't make ice-cream, we buy it.
    It would be nice, but we don't have the space or a special room to make ice-cream.
    Most restaurants don't make ice-cream for themselves.
    I will wait for you for pizza or spaghetti, and a lot of desserts. ;)
    @Igor_Lovera that's lovely. I hope we will enjoy the ice cream of different favours. :)
    @mheredge I also like pistachio flavour but I didn't try butterscotch yet.
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I like a mixture of chocolate and banana ice cream.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,907 mod
    I love eating ice cream when the weather is warm in the summer, because it can help me to cool down. I like sweet flavours like chocolate, fudge and vanilla. I also like to make my own ice cream, but I haven't had chance to do that lately because I have been very busy.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows the most unusual Ice cream recipe?
    For example, You can made a sauce with juice orange, mustard and vanilla ice cream.
    But in this case, nobody is not be responsible for what can happen.
  • sanket829sanket829 Posts: 1
    I like ice cream very much. I mostly preferred ice cream during summer season. My favorite ice cream is by Natural Guva flavor.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice-cream!!
    I love it!,but I have sinusitis so,I have to prevent eating it in the winter.My favourite flavour is dark chocolate.I also like vanilla ice cream covered with blackberry(syrup).
  • I love ice crem very much so I eat it all the year around. My favourite flavour are vanilla and pinenuts.
    @mariarosy Hi and welcome to the forum.

It seems you like ice cream so much that is why you eat it throughout a year. :)
  • eng.samuellpeng.samuellp Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I love italian ice creams, like sorbetos, and now we're in spring in south america so temperature rises every day, for example today it's around 30°C. My favourites are belgium chocolate and mint.
    @Glorian what is your favourite ice-cream? :)
    @eng.samuellp Belgium chocolate is Ok. What is mint?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,907 mod
    I agree with you @eng.samuellp that Italian ice creams are amazing. I think a lot of the best recipes come from Italy, and as a result of this the food always seems to taste a lot better when it comes from that country. I have only visited Italy once, but I was very impressed by what I found.
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    In this season is snow @Bubbly.
    @Glorian so you like snow ice-cream. :)
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Bubbly, fortunately a lot of it around.
  • yijunliuyijunliu Posts: 14 ✭✭
    One of my favorites ice cream is a very simple vanilla ice cream, sometime with chocolate. However, I try to avoid to eat too much sweet food due to high calorie.Tasty food always seems to be not healthy :'(
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @yijunliu right you should care about your health. If I have to choose vanilla or chocolate ice cream, I would prefer vanilla ice cream.
    @Rafiarema vanilla is the most common and oldest flavour in ice cream. But, now there is a variety of flavours that have totally changed the charm of vanilla.
  • mrabrar09mrabrar09 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I like kulfi :)
  • safasafa Posts: 21 ✭✭
    usually i don't eat ice cream,, just i don't have much a desire of it. but when i buy some i'd love to have it with biscuit or to be specific with oreo (OREO flavor that's what they call it here) ,,it's so yummy :)
    @safa I like Oreo biscuits but now idea about Oreo flavour. :)
    @mrabrar09 I also like Kulfi with almonds and pistachio.