Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do in the snow?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
If you're in a country that gets a lot of snow, what is your favourite thing to do? Is it just day-to-day for you, or is it a novelty?

In my country, we don't get very much snow at all, so it is very much novelty. Children in our country like to build snowmen and throw snowballs at each other, and everybody has a wonderful time.

What is your favourite thing to do when it snows?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    I used to make snow men when I was a kid, but to be honest now, I tend to prefer to sit indoors with a nice warm cup of tea. @Hermine is much more into it though and goes skiing whenever she has enough snow around.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    Yes I don't really make snowmen anymore but I suppose that would change if I had children of my own. So I will look forward to that. I enjoy sitting the warm house and watching the snow fall. I also like to watch children playing in it, as it reminds me of a time when I was young and carefree.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    Nasty cold wet stuff! I prefer to avoid it where possible.
    Yes I agree it isn't very nice once it is on the ground, but I really enjoy watching it fall. It is a lot better when it doesn't stick to the ground, because then you can just watch it without it being a problem.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Snowman with my dear sister who I haven't seen her for a month.Snow fighting with family is a good choice.
    Yes I enjoy snow fights too @navidafrasiabian but I don't like it afterwards when all my clothes are wet. I need to get in the shower as quickly as possible!
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am exactly like you!
    After snow fight,delicious soup that is cooked by mom is the best thing ever,isn't it @GemmaRowlands ?!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds weird but I once experiened it in my life and I did nothing except holding it in my hands. I am planning to go to a hill station in january to actually enjoy it fully. I will see what I will do but I will definitely make a snow woman not a snow man. :D
    It sounds a little odd to me, but I have grown up always knowing what snow is, so I can't imagine a time of not knowing, if that makes sense. But I am glad that you managed to experience it. And yes @navidafrasiabian you're right, the soup afterwards is certainly the best bit!
This discussion has been closed.