Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you have the travel gene?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,644 mod
edited November 2015 in Countries and Travel
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DRD4 genes.I thinks curiosity and exploring to find new things are the main characteristics of human!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,504 mod
    I think I've had the wander-lust since I was a small child travelling to France every year to see my relatives there. Stamp collecting helped put the places on a map too. But yes, 'There’s no one place that they call home, because home is everywhere' is certainly how I tend to feel!
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You have been diagnosed Marianne.

Be careful nobody tries to give you a medecinal compound. (re Scaffold Lily the Pinks)

It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    I don't like the sound of that medicine @Zom!

I wonder if the British strain of this gene is dying out. In the nineteenth century they were very famous for exploration and building a great empire all over the word. But nowadays I don't meet nearly as many Brits travelling as I do other nationalities.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I really love travel. I wanna go around the world.
    Sounds like you might have the travel gene @dungpham. Where in particular do you want to go? What do you find most interesting when you travel anywhere?
  • IwonaIwona Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I love travelling. I would like to visit so many places but I never would like to leave my country. I never thought that the desire of travelling is depended on the genes. Very interesting article. Thanks Lynne for this article. Owing to it we can improve our knowledge on human genes.
    @Iwona travel doesn’t need to be abroad. Many people don't explore their own country much. In my case, I guess travelling in Britain was good practice for going to other places later.
  • MuhsinMuzMuhsinMuz Posts: 3
    I wish I could go on a solo trip, leaving everything behind, but I don't have the guts.
  • IwonaIwona Posts: 20 ✭✭
    @mheredge you are absolutely right. First we should explore our own country and after that we can go abroad. It is very sad for me when my colleagues go to many countries but they never visit Poland. We should appreciate what we have.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,644 mod
    Exactly so @Iwona. I don't think you have to travel abroad to have the travel gene.
  • blanvankablanvanka Posts: 84 Inactive
    I agree with @Iwona and @mheredge . I love travelling and in my country, even only in my region, there are so many interesting places which I´d like to go visit. I try to travel as much as possible and to see all the places around me.
    A lot of people travel to abroad and while they do not know their own country. I like the proverb: East or West, home is best :).
    Some people travel to check off the countries they've been to and rarely return to a place they've been before. I love returning to places I like, especially when time has lapsed. It's always fascinating to see how places change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I would like a travel gene but now I have a travel gene of taxi for working.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    I do, I really enjoy travelling, one day I'll put some clothes in my backpack and start just take off .
    I recall that the best moments in my life are those I spent looking in to the roads during a trip on a train or car
    As a kid, I used to love looking out of the window of the train whenever we travelled anywhere @zakaria_dandouni1. I still find often the journey is more exciting than the place I'm going to.
    wow exactly :)
    I now have the crazy bus ride back to Kathmandu to look forward to. It's spectacular but a bit scary when drivers take those corners a bit fast. At least there's not much traffic right now. India has stopped supplying fuel to Nepal so there's an acute shortage of petrol. In fact our bus has already given some of its own fuel to another bus.
  • FerFer Posts: 144 Inactive
    I really like traveling all over the world but I haven't had an opportunity to travel abroad yet.
    I seem to have covered a fair amount of ground in the past six days since Monday from Nepal to Thailand, then to Cambodia and now I'm sitting on a boat on the Mekong River in Vietnam. I'm starting to lose track of what day of the week it is!
  • srinijsrinij Posts: 204 Inactive
    thanks Lynne post this article.. i also loved to travel exploring new things like food,culture..ect
    Monday it's Ho Chi Minh City. I'm taking an early bus so I arrive before it gets dark.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    i like traveling too. but i didn't go to many places. hope that in the coming year i can go to thailand and india, since i finish my job.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @henry same here. I have well travelled within my country but couldn't get any chance to go abroad. In the next year, I will plan a trip to go to UAE in order to meet my relative over there.
    I'm in Ho Chi Minh City and loving the noise and organised chaos!
    @Bubbly what is UAE stand for?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @henry United Arab Emirates. I will go to Dubai particularly. :)
    i see i see, when will you go?
This discussion has been closed.