Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Keeping yourself safe on the Network

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,292 mod
edited November 2015 in New Members
When you join the Network, use a different email address, you only have to confirm it once.
When you share your Skype id, do it in private messages only.
Don't share personal information. Although the forum is for members only, it can be read by anyone.

Set up your privacy and security on FB / Skype / Google.

http://www.skype.com/en/security/

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security

https://www.facebook.com/security/

Don't click on links! (Including these ones. Just type the url into your browser. At least then you know where the link will take you.)

Our privacy policy.

More guidelines.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Dear E-Zombies,
    I know you are clever enough to intrude the privacy settings of anyone. But, please don't take it too personal to change the passwords as well. You will find nothing in the account as we deal it with words not money. :)

PS: A public service message from poor learners. :(
    Post edited by Bubbly on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,292 mod
    Yup. No bank details here. Move on now.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,145 mod
    I have the problem that I can never remember which of the two email addresses I sign onto things.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I appreciate about this, thank you
    I received an email from HM Inland Revenue a few days ago, informing that I had overpaid tax to be refunded. I didn't even have to look at the email address it was sent from to work out it was a fake. The Inland Revenue never ever send emails, they hardly know how to send letters unless it's to say how much you owe. I reported it as spam.
    Ad-ons in my computer just destroyed the chrome completely. So, I have reinstalled windows again. Bit torrent is another cause of some unwanted viruses so I installed antivirus that automatically detects and removes viruses.
    I don't know what I have done, but the problems I was having with my Chrome and the font sizes seems to have disappeared @Bubbly. I'm super-cautious about downloading anything from the web though. Anti-virus is a must and also a very vigilant eye when if you download anything, you do it slowly and check that you won't be getting any 'extras.'
    @mheredge sometimes I feel that antivirus software is itself a big virus. If you don't update it, your computer is at risk.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,615 mod
    @Bubbly , that's right. A lot of pop ups are showing in our computers that can destroy our personal files.
    @kindgnice now these issues don't bother me any more as I learned to accept them without being annoyed.
    The problem is @Bubbly, the people that create the viruses are always trying to keep one step ahead of the anti-virus software. So if you don't update it regularly, then your computer will be vulnerable to new virus.

This is why there's a lot to be said for Apple Macs as the operating system is much more resilient against viruses. Linux is a good alternative to Windows for this reason.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,615 mod
    Because Apple devices have the higher probability to be immune with Trojan attacks/viruses and most of them only affect Windows applications.
    @mheredge @kindgnice then Microsoft is the real victim of viruses. I am seriously thinking about having a new system. It is difficult to update keys of Kaspersky antivirus all the time.
  • nain_khan1nain_khan1 Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Yes we have to protect our computer from virus.mostly people does not know about protection from viruses like me.
    Your anti virus should update automatically @Bubbly, but before switching off, from time to time you can easily update it just by going to the icon on the toolbar.

I hear that Apple Macs are not quite as invulnerable as they used to be.
    @mheredge currently I am not using any anti virus as it is a big virus itself. :)
This discussion has been closed.