Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you use your mobile phone for?

Comments

• abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge Yeah right but might be sometimes it happens its not showing exact location but those are minor bugs which can be fixed in upcoming versions.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,117 mod

@GemmaRowlands Lol even my brother get annoyed because of me..
    And in the early morning he took my class..
    Abhishek what is this... I guess one Alarm is enough and you have more than 5 .. Either remove remaining Alarms or keep your phone with you only....
    :lol: I use to hide from him when he gets irritated because of me... :lol:
    But still I love him a lot I feel glad whenever I talk about him with my friends and others :love: :smile:

I think some people need one alarm whereas others need five or six - and I guess that you and your brother are just very different!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,195 mod
    As I once slept through an alarm @GemmaRowlands, I'm neurotic I'll do this when it really matters, like when I have an early bus or train to catch.
  • oscar001oscar001 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I often use my mobile to listen to english podcasts or the radio in English when commuting to work. I also make use of its notepad, the navigator and the camera. Finally, I sometimes make/receive phone calls (almost forgot it).
    @oscar001 sounds like you make full use of it! I know I only use a fraction of the functions mine offers. As I travel a lot the maps and currency apps are both very useful to me.
    oscar001 said:

Hi everyone, I often use my mobile to listen to english podcasts or the radio in English when commuting to work. I also make use of its notepad, the navigator and the camera. Finally, I sometimes make/receive phone calls (almost forgot it).

That sounds wonderful! I love podcasts, because you can listen to them no matter where you are.
    It was a three alarm morning today @abhishekb9099. I had a very early bus to catch to get me to the station in time for an early train. In fact I was so efficient that I was in time for the earlier bus and could even have made an earlier (but more expensive) train.
  • SWiSHaWYSWiSHaWY Posts: 14 ✭✭
    > @kindgnice said:
    > SWiSHaWY wrote: »
    >
    > I use my Mobile Phone in all most everything...
    > 01- Phone
    > 02- SMS (Messaging)
    > 03- Email
    > 04- Researches
    > 05- Calendar
    > 06- Camera
    > 07- Moments Storage
    > 08- Weather
    > 09- Navigation
    > 10- Clock
    > 11- Alarm
    > 12- Watch Videos
    > 13- Taking Notes
    > 14- Games
    > 15- Video Calls
    > 16- Reading News
    > 17- Calculator
    > 18- Music
    > 19- Follow up my financial expenses and incomes
    > 20- Yellow Pages
    > 21- Soft Token for High Security
    > 22- Photo Edit
    > 23- Cinema Guide
    > 24- Network Diagnose Applications
    > 25- Soft VoIP Phone
    > 26- Remotely control computers, servers, and Network Devices
    > 27- Social Network
    > 28- Chit Chatting
    > 29- Translation Application
    > 30- Barcode & QR Code Reader
    > 31- Currency Rates
    > 32- Speed Meter
    > 33- Cloud Storages
    > 34- Islamic Religion Applications
    > 35- e-Market
    > 36- Book a Cap for a trip (Uber, Careem, and Ousta)
    > 37- Health
    > 38- Tracking my moves and daily steps
    > 39- Music
    > 40- ... etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's great! You utilized your phone effectively and efficiently. ;)

Doing my best...
    I am also using URL Shortener Application and some applications to track my baby...
  • SWiSHaWYSWiSHaWY Posts: 14 ✭✭
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > I use my Mobile Phone in all most everything...
    >
    > 01- Phone
    >
    > 02- SMS (Messaging)
    >
    > 03- Email
    >
    > 04- Researches
    >
    > 05- Calendar
    >
    > 06- Camera
    >
    > 07- Moments Storage
    >
    > 08- Weather
    >
    > 09- Navigation
    >
    > 10- Clock
    >
    > 11- Alarm
    >
    > 12- Watch Videos
    >
    > 13- Taking Notes
    >
    > 14- Games
    >
    > 15- Video Calls
    >
    > 16- Reading News
    >
    > 17- Calculator
    >
    > 18- Music
    >
    > 19- Follow up my financial expenses and incomes
    >
    > 20- Yellow Pages
    >
    > 21- Soft Token for High Security
    >
    > 22- Photo Edit
    >
    > 23- Cinema Guide
    >
    > 24- Network Diagnose Applications
    >
    > 25- Soft VoIP Phone
    >
    > 26- Remotely control computers, servers, and Network Devices
    >
    > 27- Social Network
    >
    > 28- Chit Chatting
    >
    > 29- Translation Application
    >
    > 30- Barcode & QR Code Reader
    >
    > 31- Currency Rates
    >
    > 32- Speed Meter
    >
    > 33- Cloud Storages
    >
    > 34- Islamic Religion Applications
    >
    > 35- e-Market
    >
    > 36- Book a Cap for a trip (Uber, Careem, and Ousta)
    >
    > 37- Health
    >
    > 38- Tracking my moves and daily steps
    >
    > 39- Music
    >
    > 40- ... etc
    >
    > Wow, you really do use your phone for a lot of things! So, I suppose it is a very valuable resource indeed for you!

Yes, all I may need is on my mobile...
    But always remember to secure your data if you are using all of it in one place...
    The most secured mobiles are BlackBerry and after it the iPhone which I am using... :wink:
    I use a tablet as a mobile phone, but it's the same thing really, just a bit bigger. But I certainly don't use all the functions that you do @SWiSHaWY!
    I can use my tablet as a phone, as it connects my calls via Bluetooth which is interesting. But it is a little bit to hold to my ear!
  • WookieWookie Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I use my smartphone to listening music , using internet and communication with other people.Standard things.
    Wookie said:

I use my smartphone to listening music , using internet and communication with other people.Standard things.

I enjoy listening to music on mine late at night, when the rest of the house is quiet. I think that is very relaxing indeed.
    My alarm will be useful tomorrow when I have to set off out of the hostel before 7am. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up my roommates, but if my internal clock works, I should wake up five minutes before the alarm and will be able to turn it off in time.
    My alarm will be useful tomorrow when I have to set off out of the hostel before 7am. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up my roommates, but if my internal clock works, I should wake up five minutes before the alarm and will be able to turn it off in time.
    mheredge said:

One of the things about staying in a hostel is that you have to be prepared that other people have to wake up early - so I am sure that they won't be able to complain about it too much!
    Ah there was a very noisy American girl who as well as clumping around late, then faffed forever at 4 am. I try to make sure everything is ready to go if I'm leaving early, to make the least noise possible.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    My sister received a smartphone with 3D camera as a gift. It is really cool. She takes a lot of selfies with it. Pretty obsessed with it these days!
    mheredge said:

Ah there was a very noisy American girl who as well as clumping around late, then faffed forever at 4 am. I try to make sure everything is ready to go if I'm leaving early, to make the least noise possible.

That's very annoying. I think if you're staying in a hostel, you need to be aware of the other people who are in the room with you.
  • Yaser_NoorYaser_Noor Posts: 2
    I use my phone to make calls, play games, learn, take pictures and connect with my friends over social media.

I use my phone to make calls, play games, learn, take pictures and connect with my friends over social media.

It is good that you are able to use your phone to learn, as it means that there are clearly a good many things that you can use it for - and this is one of the most positive of them all!
    Today my tablet was useful to help me navigate the narrow streets in Cartegena. Google maps is very useful.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, it works like an alarm clock. :)
    mheredge said:

Today my tablet was useful to help me navigate the narrow streets in Cartegena. Google maps is very useful.

I think it is great that you always have maps to help you wherever you are, as it means that you can never get lost.
  • AbelardoAbelardo Posts: 80 Inactive
    I used my smatrphone for everything, except phone calls :)
    The problem with Google maps @Bubbly, is that ideally, you need to have an internet signal or at least download in advance the area where you will be travelling. I found that it was pretty useless telling me where I was last night when I was travelling across the country on a bus.
  • AriemesAriemes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Phone calls and wat's up.
    Usually I hate spending my time on phone, specially on games or social network.
    mheredge said:

The problem with Google maps @Bubbly, is that ideally, you need to have an internet signal or at least download in advance the area where you will be travelling. I found that it was pretty useless telling me where I was last night when I was travelling across the country on a bus.

There aren't many places near where I live that don't have a good signal, but I managed to find one when I walking the other day, and I got lost because I wasn't able to use my maps app to direct me home! Oh how we rely on the internet these days!
    I sometimes find Google maps gets me lost @GemmaRowlands. I try not to rely on it.
    mheredge said:

I sometimes find Google maps gets me lost @GemmaRowlands. I try not to rely on it.

Funnily enough, I went out this afternoon to a trampoline park and I got lost despite using the map, so perhaps you are right!