Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you use your mobile phone for?

Comments

• peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh! but you can remove you're internal storage 'hard disk' and configure it to work like external hard disk to recover your data @GemmaRowlands
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,718 mod
    I don't think I can @peaceculture2 because I had a MacBook Pro and apparently the storage isn't removable??
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    oh yeah i see, if yoy hardly use instagram, you may share from your own web. It is more cool, and elegant. @peaceculture2
    Yeah. Thanks @faiz49
  • dyep24dyep24 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    I use my mobile phone in my daily need basis.. Especially for communicating with my relatives in a different counrty.. Imagine life without my mobile phone.. It sucks!
    I can remember not having a mobile phone when I was younger, and we coped, but now that I know what life is like with it I don't think I could live without it again!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands I think that time was awesome as we could have a lot chances to socialize and enjoy the life. Now, it is difficult to stay away from the mobile for a second.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,790 mod
    I basically use my phone for Skype sessions. :)
    Yes I dread to think how many times I must check my phone each day @Bubbly but I know it is a lot.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,085 mod
    It's only use right now is as an alarm clock.
    I use my phone for texting.
  • kk02092001kk02092001 Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Let's image now mobilephone cant be allowed to use, how would our life be? we seem cant lack of it, we depend on it so much.
    Let's image now mobilephone cant be allowed to use, how would our life be? we seem cant lack of it, we depend on it so much.

Yup buddy. It's already part of our daily routine.
    You ask an interesting question @kk02092001 and I don't think that we would be able to cope. I know that I do everything on it - talking to friends and family, my banking, taking photos.. if I didn't have it, I would have to seriously rethink a lot of my life!
    You ask an interesting question @kk02092001 and I don't think that we would be able to cope. I know that I do everything on it - talking to friends and family, my banking, taking photos.. if I didn't have it, I would have to seriously rethink a lot of my life!

It could be depressing if these gadgets will disappear in an instant as if they weren't existing at all! I couldn't agine my life without these gadgets. These were already part of our daily activities. :)
    Yes that's true - yet I can remember life before them, and everything actually seemed better in comparison to the way it is now!
    Yes that's true - yet I can remember life before them, and everything actually seemed better in comparison to the way it is now!

Exactly. I mostly enjoyed my time in library rather than in computer shops. ;)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, I am using my mobile for whatsapp because I have to do combined studies. So, it is the best way to communicate with my group. :)
    Have you tried the Smule app @GemmaRowlands. @christelle has introduced this app to me during our Karaoke sessions. :)
    I switched on my mobile phone yesterday to check a phone number. It's the first time it's been on since I left Nepal three weeks ago!
    @mheredge said:

I switched on my mobile phone yesterday to check a phone number. It's the first time it's been on since I left Nepal three weeks ago!

Perhaps because its charge isn't used at all because you left it there unused? :)
    Yes I used to have that app @kindgnice and I have an account on there - but it used too much of my internet so I deleted it!

Yes I used to have that app @kindgnice and I have an account on there - but it used too much of my internet so I deleted it!

Hehe, I haven't tried to record there yet, but I'm waiting for @christelle for her turn about the new song that we're planning to duet, I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello. She'll share the music to me since I'm not a VIP member there. Hehe :)
    I forgot my French simcard in Kathmandu @kindgnice. Since I don't have many calls to make in the two weeks I'm here, I can't be bothered with the hassle and expense of getting a replacement just for such a short time. Email works fine and if I need to call, I can Skype call any number I want.
    @mheredge wrote: »
    I forgot my French simcard in Kathmandu @kindgnice. Since I don't have many calls to make in the two weeks I'm here, I can't be bothered with the hassle and expense of getting a replacement just for such a short time. Email works fine and if I need to call, I can Skype call any number I want.

Since you mentioned the word 'Skype', can we see you in Skype sessions soon? ;)
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    As of now I use my phone as an Alarm and phone calls too but its more for Alarm need to wake up early every morning so I use to keep 4-5 Alarms to wake up :lol:
    I mostly use my phone for Skype sessions and participating here in LEO. :)
    So you certainly make the most of the alarm function on your phone then @abhishekb9099 ! I have never needed more than 1 alarm to wake me up, personally.
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands Yeah it varies from person to person. What I use to do is to snooze again and again but now I am habitual with my timings and I wake up before my alarm rings.