Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you use your mobile phone for?

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,117 mod
    I have never tried using my mobile phone to chat here @faiz49 maybe that is something that I should try myself!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,195 mod
    The past week my mobile phone has been very useful as an alarm clock and little else. The mobile signal in the hills was pretty useless most of the time.
    I imagine it can be very difficult to get signal sometimes when you're travelling, but at the same time it is great that your phone still provides some kind of function!
  • suecynsuecyn Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I use my phone to make phone calls, as alarm clock, as reminder of things to do, to play.
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using my mobile phone to access this forum,
    ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, read articles, novels and news
    ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, transfer wi-fi through mobile hotspot
    Do you find that your mobile phone has a large enough screen to read from @peaceculture2 ?
    Not too large it's medium size, i prefer it due to his mobility compared to my PC @GemmaRowlands
    Yes that's true, I would never be able to read a book on a desktop computer @peaceculture2 so perhaps a phone would be better than that.
    Yeah @GemmaRowlands
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These days I use my mobile either to chitchat with my cousins through Whatsapp or watch sitcom on youtube. :)
    I love using WhatsApp @Bubbly in fact I am talking to a good friend of mine on there this afternoon, as we have planned a chat session. It is a great app!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,195 mod
    I need to look at the settings for my whatsapp because I think it probably has an old defunct Indian airtel number that doesn't work.
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    @Bubbly so i do, i use whatsapp to chat with my friend and make some conversation, send pictures and the others. It's funny
    @faiz49 Whatsapp is really cool app. We can also call through it. I didn't have a good experience with Viber.
    edited March 2016
    I'm using my phone for photographing
    I struggle to call with WhatsApp @Bubbly I never seem to be able to get a connection without it breaking up at some point!
    @GemmaRowlands it happens to me as well sometimes but It works for a short call.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice question!!
    I use my mobile phone for listening to music and calling at the most of the time but sometimes I watch movies or clips with it!!
    taking some photos by using my mobile phone
    @Peaceculture2 yeah, i elive that you have some trick to make good image with mobil phone.and i am sure that you like upload on instagram right ?
    hahaha, I don't like instagram, I'm using those photos for my personal recording and others photos to be used for inspirational and motivational after editing @faiz49
    @peaceculture2 i wonder there is person who do not like instagram, we can see many beautiful pictur on there. One more, when did you share your inspirasing picture if not on instagram ?
    For sure, I didn't remember even my credentials on Instagram. I'm prefer to use my own sites and to share with others, or through whatsapp
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 ✭✭
    to accompany me during those long hours.... in the toilet.
    @peaceculture2 do you print off your photos, or do you just leave them on your phone? I like to have a copy that I can hold to look at sometimes.
    Sometimes I print them, but I prefer to keep them on my computer and for backup I store online whether on my site or on free hosting sites like google drive and Dropbox @GemmaRowlands my desire is to use those photos to design and editing for inspirational and knowledge sharing.
    Oh! How many hours it take for those long hours @Acha
    edited March 2016
    For sure, I didn't remember even my credentials on Instagram. I'm prefer to use my own sites and to share with others, or through whatsapp @faiz49
    My brother installed an application in my mobile for the quick transfer of data and pictures from one mobile to anther. It is really effective and I am getting a lot pictures from my family members through it.
    That's a good idea @peaceculture2 and you should always make sure you have a backup of your photos. This is something that I have learned the hard way this week, as my laptop broke on Tuesday and I lost absolutely everything, so I am very sad about that.