Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you use your mobile phone for?

Comments

• zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    with my c3 nokia calling and sendings sms are the only available (enjoyable)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,117 mod
    I have often thought about getting a simpler phone @zakaria_dandouni1 because I spend too much time on mine at the moment, and most of the things that I do aren't really necessary. So I think I should get a different one and just use it for phone calls.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using my phone to make call with uncle in out my country and using this site to improve my language English and spoken with friend and my family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    I use my phone to call and listening to music, when I'm out.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @gomaa I have heard the noises due to your mobile during the storytellers session. ;)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly are you serious ?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,202 mod
    Electricity is always a headache when you're travelling @GemmaRowlands. One day I'm sure some genius will come up with a cheap and longer lasting tiny, but powerful battery that can be used to power all of our gadgets. My laptop is currently charging as I didn't dare charge it from the boat's generator.
    Yes I can imagine that would be the case whilst travelling @mheredge I always make sure I have a few spare battery chargers with me that I can use whilst on the go, but sometimes even all of those will run out!
    I was really stupid and left my little powerbank behind in France @GemmaRowlands. Dumb, dumb, dumb. :'(
    Oh dear that's a shame - can you get a new one from somewhere @mheredge or do they cost too much money?
  • EzîzaEzîza Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I usually use my phone for every thing , phone calls , viber, whatsApp, Skype , play games but the must important thing is that I can contact people whose very far away and ican hear thier voices, as you know if you cant see someone at least you can hear his voice
    I'll manage without @GemmaRowlands as they aren't cheap and it's a 'nice to have ' more than anything.
    @Ezîza I love the advances in technology that mean that you can talk to people on the other side of the world as though you're both sitting in the same room!
  • sammanisammani Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    I use my phone to call mother when I am out .and sms to friends.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @sammani Mobile phone always helps us to connect with our family members or friends who are away. I feel secured whenever I go to another city or office because of mobile. I know that I can talk to them any time, anywhere.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    @Bubbly, you know??sometimes I`m afraid even though I`m with mobile.specially at night.
    My phone is coming into its own as an alarm clock.
    I try to remember to switch it off at night @sammani, not only to save the battery but I really hate it so much when someone dials my number by mistake at some ungodly hour.
  • EzîzaEzîza Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Yes @GemmaRowlands that's right technology is a gift we are so lucky that we are living in this time where technolgy is so advanced to get use of it in our life Or its here to make our life easier
    @mheredge can you not just put your phone onto flight mode at night? That way it could still be used as an alarm clock, but nobody would be able to interrupt you when you were trying to sleep.
    That's a good idea @GemmaRowlands. If I can remember to switch it off, this is the best idea right now as with the powercuts, I'm invariably finding my batteries drained just when there's no power for the next goodness knows how many hours.
  • ahmed_habibahmed_habib Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I use my phone for chatting lisening music
    @ahmed_habib I think it's great the way that a mobile phone now serves so many functions. In the past we would have had to had a separate music player, but now that is no longer the case at all!
    @GemmaRowlands i agree with you
    there is agreat diffrance between phones now and past
    Yes that's true @ahmed_habib I remember the first ever mobile phone I owned, and literally the only thing I could do with it was make phone calls - it didn't even send text messages!
    @GemmaRowlands i was born in 1995 i remember first mobile for me it was nokia 6600 i could make calls and send messages
    You were born in the same year as my brother @ahmed_habib I am a little older so remember phones being even more basic than that!
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    the fungtion the most i like out of mobile phone is it can use to caraoke with a one of the aplication which load the liryc. it is became my relaxing tool when i feel bord or tired. usually i also use it to help my difficult lesson
    I have a similar app on my phone @faiz49 and I love being able to sing my favourite songs and then play them back so that my friends can hear them.
  • faiz49faiz49 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands hey ,, do your friend hear them ? I hope your friend enjoy your voice, and hope your voice good enough *just kidding :)
    One again, i use mobie phone to chatting in this forum :#