Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you use your mobile phone for?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 3,627 mod
Mobile phones these days can do a great number of things, and because of this people are using them for more things than ever before.

I use mine for checking emails, social networking, a camera, an alarm clock, to track my exercise and heart rate and of course as a phone.

What do you use yours for?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,466 mod
    Phone calls, sms messages and depending on the phone, I might check emails. The alarm function has its uses, but I use a tablet for most things many people use their phone for.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,627 mod
    I have a tablet too, but I only really use that to play games on. I will sometimes use it to write my articles if I am having problems with my laptop for any reason, but that doesn't usually happen very much.
  • HilandriusHilandrius Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I am really using my mobile phone 100 % in last couple of months. As I have discovered podcast app recently I use every free moment to listen different channels in English. It is also my personal library cause I have a lot of e-books and audio books on my phone. These days mobile phones gives a lot of oppurtunity to improve your knowledge but only if you use it in right way. When I bought my first mobile phone I just played games and chat with my friends but it was just a lost of my time.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For phone calls, internet, whatsapp and Skype sometimes. I usually prefer whatsapp for messages and calls even.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭
    All things that you can think about.I check my email,play games,listen to music,watch video clips and movies and ,the most important one, call .
    I use WhatsApp when I'm in India but I haven't used it much otherwise @Bubbly.
    @mheredge now viber is also used for online calls and messages.
    Ah yes, I forgot about WhatsApp. I use that a lot too. It's good because it doesn't matter which country people are in, you can still talk for free using the app, which is great as far as I am concerned.
    I'm not sure if viber is so much used outside Asia @Bubbly. All my friends in India seemed to use it a lot though. Maybe it's also to do with how the different company packages work too. Here in France and Britain packages tend to give you a set number of minutes and messages included in your monthly deal, with data costing a lot more than in Asian countries. I don't know if this might influence what use people make of different apps.
  • NiwatNiwat Posts: 6
    The mobile phone is one thing we need in our life. I use it for calls, sms message, shopping, and i usually prefer Line for chat with others.
    @mheredge There are many apps that people use for calls and messages without paying any charges. I am surprised why Britain packages are expensive.
  • MonikMonik Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭
    Basically I use my cell phone for almost everything. Apps are also useful especially the calendar app. Besides they helps us to keep in touch with friends and relatives.
    I was amazed at a guy's watch that could do everything like a mobile but was being worn around the wrist. I guess this is the next generation mobile.
    I have seen a watch like that because a friend of mine has one, and he can do almost anything on it. It's so handy when he can call people he needs to whenever he wants to, in fact I have been thinking about getting one for myself, but I don't have the money at the moment.
  • UxmanGhani108UxmanGhani108 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Alarm to get up early in the morning , Expense app to control my expenses , For checking mails , some time interacting with friends .
    I like the idea of the app to control your expenses. I think that this might be something that I should try out for myself, as I have a lot that I need to keep track of. I use my phone for many things, and I think that it is great that you can use it for so many parts of your life.
    I forget to mention that I use my mobile as an alarm clock that I set on daily to awake early in the morning.
    Last night, I accidentally set my clock to a timer instead of an alarm clock, so it didn't ring this morning. Luckily, I woke up early anyway and got up when I need to, but if I overslept I wouldn't have woken up on time.
    @GemmaRowlands I usually don't wake up without alarm. :) But, sometimes due to any important assignment, I wake up earlier than the set alarm.
  • jsimancasfjsimancasf Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I saw almost all the heroes series through my cell phone!!! Lol
    @jsimancasf which series?
    @Bubbly the series name is "Heroes".
    My job allows me to begin my day whenever I like @Bubbly so I don't usually set an alarm, although I do like to get started before 9am where possible. I also find that I wake up earlier when I have important events. Perhaps your brain is helping you to prepare for the event!
    My brain is a very good alarm clock in this way too @GemmaRowlands, but I never rely on it, just in case. Just once, it let me down and I nearly missed an early morning flight.
    Yes I think the brain is a lot more powerful than most people give it credit for. A lot of the time, it knows exactly when it needs to wake up, and more often than not I will wake up just before my alarm goes off anyway!
    The problem here in Nepal is having electricity to recharge the battery. Last night there was a problem with the power all night.
    Yes it must be difficult to be in a country with limited or unreliable electricity. I had a power cut at my home earlier today, which is very rare in my country, and it was very inconvenient, so it makes me realise just how lucky I am to be able to have power most of the time.
    @GemmaRowlands I'm lucky just like you. Where I live the most of time we have electricity.
    I had to leave my tablet on standby so the alarm could wake me tjos morning. Fortunately the generator came on few hours from 6am so I was ableto recharge all my batteries.
    It is lucky that you were able to wake yourself up. I am glad that your generator kicked in so that everything was sorted for you.