Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Can you tell me about any pretty places in your country?

KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Countries and Travel
I want to know some information about other places for knowledge. my country full of pretty places .It's easy to see why Egypt is a popular holiday destinations. It's hot, flights and packages from Britain are affordable, and it offers a multitude of attractions and activities ranging from exploring the ancient sights of Cairo and Luxor to beach-lounging along Alexandria's Mediterranean coastline to scaling the 2,285 metre-high Mount Sinai. Here we round up the best places to visit.
you can find house ibnlokman in mansourah city lous captured through the ware to Egypt

---------------------

I want to learn about other places.

My country is full of pretty places, so it's easy to see why Egypt is a popular holiday destination. It's hot, flights and packages from Britain are affordable, and it offers a multitude of attractions and activities; ranging from exploring the ancient sights of Cairo and Luxor, beach-lounging along Alexandria's Mediterranean coastline, to scaling the 2,285 metre-high Mount Sinai. Here we can round up some of the best places to visit around the world.

In Mansourah you can find the house of Ibrahim ben Lokman, the then royal chancellor, where King Louis IX and several French nobles were imprisoned after being captured at the Battle of Fariskur.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever visited Egypt, I would be more interested to visit historical River Nile than pyramids. :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Bubbly welcome my friend anytime the river Nile in the Egypt meaning life no life without water and the life in ancient Egypt start in beside to the Nil.. a lot of pretty places in giza and Cairo pyramids and sphinx . The pyramids meaning tombs for king in ancient Egypt the goal to establish pyramids work because the king thinking about project to work youth . that's so pretty when you sow the sun coming in tomb once year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    @gomaa You have to come in Italy. My country is full of pretty places. l live in Florence where is possible choosing between many things. Walking along the river going through the Old Bridge or romantic dinner on hill with wiev on the city. Visiting museums, churches and more things. Also you can visit the beautiful countryside around, tasting good wines and foods. Florence is called "cradle of the Renaissance".
    @biso Undoubtedly Italy is beautiful place on the world but I am more inspired by the people. I knew few of them personally. They are simple, genuine and energetic. I will visit your country because of Rome that holds some good ancient heritage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    @Bubbly Certainly Rome is beautiful but if you will come to Italy I will happy to show you my city. Would you like a good steak and red wine?
    @biso yeah Italy is a great civilization. I'm studied empire roma in the school . good place and full of a lot of museum . Thank you for sharing for knowledge
    edited November 2015
    @biso I would prefer some other traditional food. :) I will not miss the pizza of @Igor_Lovera.
  • eng.samuellpeng.samuellp Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    How many people knows, in Brazil we have the Christ Redeemer, Sugarloaf all those places are situated in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Further to south we have Falls of Iguaçu, it stays on the edge of Argentina and Brazil, we have one of the biggest dam in the world Itaipu Dam. I recommend a trip to know our beautiful places.

--------------------

How many people know that in Brazil we have the Christ Redeemer statue and Sugarloaf? Both these places are situated in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Further to south we have the Falls of Iguaçu, and situated on the border of Argentina and Brazil we have one of the biggest dams in the world; the Itaipu Dam. I recommend a trip to visit our beautiful places.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @eng.samuellp Brazil is a pretty place I'm in the group in WhatsApp all members from Brazil I know your country famous for to produce coffeeand some plants and the music samba
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 Inactive
    You are welcome @Bubbly
  • lananh025lananh025 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    @gomaa Do you know Viet Nam ?
    @ lananh yeah I know vn is a good place over crowded the people working with gricultural and projects I think the rural so pretty VN and the weather also good . my best friend from VN
    woo, really? Have you came to VN ?
    @gomaa Could you tell me the way to change my picture?
    edited November 2015
    Maybe but I'm not ready now . almost people in my country like to visit Vietnam.
    Its nice to hear :smile:
    @lananh025 tell us more about Vietnam?
    My country is small and very poor, but people is very friendly, food is so good. Expense that you must pay in VN when you travel is low :)
    @lananh025 I want to know pretty places in VN
  • I think my city is a nice place to visit in Brazil.
    Londrina is a city located in the north of the state of Paraná, South Region, Brazil. Londrina was originally explored by British settlers, and then officially established in 1930 by a small group of Japanese and German settlers. It rapidly became the commercial, political, and cultural centre of the state’s northern pioneer zone. The city exerts great influence on Paraná and Brazil's south region. Londrina has approximately 500,000 inhabitants, being the second largest city in Paraná and the fourth largest city in the Southern Region of Brazil.

It's quite calm here, but on the other hand like all medium urban cities, Londrina have a heavy car traffic at rush hour.

However, in approximately 25 minutes by car you can be anywhere: home, shopping, school, university, parks, clubs etc ....

I feel very privileged to have been born here and live here, because Brazil has some cities in precarious conditions (especially in the north and northeast), where its citizens often have poor access to water.
    @ggermanovix yeah Brazil is a good place and you can find pretty places there . Thank you for sharing information about your country . I'm gold to know that
    @Bubbly tell me more about pretty places in your country?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,502 mod
    What a fascinating topic @gomaa.

In Britain I think some of the most beautiful countryside is in the Derbyshire Peak District (close to where @amatsuscribbler lives). But Britain is blessed with a lot of extremely pretty countryside.

But in the world, my favourite and the place that never fails to take my breath away is up in the Annapurna mountain range, just a few hours up from a village called Manang, on the way to the Thorang La pass (5,416m). Mountains as far as the eye can see, beautiful ice sculptured by the wind up above, delicate little flowers on the high altitude meadows and an amazingly deep blue sky make this the most beautiful landscape I have set eyes on. Despite its remoteness, I'm very lucky to have been able to go there three times so far.
    @mheredge YEAH Britain good country . I know this country full of museum and good place
    @gomaa There are some places of travel where tourists like it, for example: SaPa in Lao Cai city , it belong The North, Ba Na Hill in Da Nang city, it is in the middle of country. We have Nha Trang, Phan Thiet, Da Lat are places that is in the South of country, Its very beutiful. I just have gone to SaPa and Ba Na Hill :)
    Welcome to Viet Nam !
    Do you mean the Sapa that's in the mountains north of Hanoi @lanai 25? Halong Bay is also very attractive.
    @lananh025 thank you my friend . I love your country
  • I would like to recommend you to visit Malaysia, the truly Asia.Malaysia is a multiracial country as three big races live together which are Malay , Chinese and Indian.In addition there are a quite number of minority etnics such as kadazan , bidayuh ,iban.It has a lot of beautiful places and scenery.

For instance, if you like natural environment you can visit Taman Negara Pahang.Taman Negara is actually one of the oldest rainforests in the world, estimated at 130 million years old. The abundance and diversity of nature here is phenomenal, making it one of the world's most complex and rich ecosystems.

If you like to go the beach I would like to rocemmend you to go to Langkawi Island.Langkawi is an archipelago made up of 99 islands on Malaysia’s west coast. Surrounded by turquoise sea, the interior of the main island is a mixture of picturesque paddy fields and jungle-clad hills. If you’re intent on carting off duty-free alcohol, cigarettes and chocolate, then this is the place to be. Still, nature lovers will find the island just as agreeable as the shoreline is fringed by powder-fine sand and swaying coconut trees.

The island is especially recognised for its excellent diving opportunities and this tropical gem hides a treasure trove of other exciting holiday opportunities. From the expansive Underwater World Langkawi along Pantai Cenang to the soaring Cable Car in Pantai Kok, Langkawi is an electrifying locale that keeps visitors coming back for more.
    edited November 2015
    mheredge said:

Do you mean the Sapa that's in the mountains north of Hanoi @lanai 25? Halong Bay is also very attractive.

This should have been a response for @lananh025. My apologies only somehow the name didn't come through properly.