Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How can I join the Network sessions?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @gomaa why do you feel so? On forum you are a new member. So, enjoy it.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) thank you Bubbly I need much time to know everything here
  • MajorMajor Posts: 4
    how can i earn points ?
    edited November 2015
    @lananh025 @Major please see the instructions mentioned in an image at the first page of thread.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Why is working so restrictive? What is a purpose of it? I guess everyone came here for similar reasons and before we get into them we kind of need to follow some unexplainable rules? I don´t want to be rude but it sounds weird to me.
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @Bubbly you so patient, wouldn't be surprised if you trying to feed all the stray dogs, which see. ;)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ladies and gentlemen! Just try to follow the instructions which is in the header of this theme! It's very simple and intuitive, the road by walking! :)
    @JoeFusile Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is all about rules and regulations and we need to follow them.

Could you please elaborate unexplainable rules a bit more?
  • puffpuff Posts: 1
    thanks for the guidance ! can't wait to get active n see u guys :D
    @puff Hi and welcome. You need to explore the forum a little bit in order to stay active.
  • nmmnmm Posts: 22 ✭✭
    @Bubbly how many posts needed to get 2 stars?
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi all, this is my first time on this forum. I would like to join conversation on Skype. Apparently, I need to earn some points to activate. Who detemermines how many points I get. And where can I find the regulations?
    @nmm you got two stars. Please send your Skype ID to @Lynne through a private message so that she can add you to the Skype group.
    @mailforhan Hi and welcome.

You need to explore the forum a little bit and take part in discussions in order to get active until you get your second star.
  • @ Glorian Hi! It is never 'too much mistakes'...always 'too many mistakes'. It's okay...you learn by making mistakes.
    Just to clarify 'much' is used for uncountable nouns whereas 'many' is used for countable nouns. 'Mistakes' can be counted. Thus, it will be 'many mistakes' but 'much happiness' as happiness cannot be counted.
    I hope i haven't confused you...
    Oh, thank you, it's ok! You really helped me! Appreciate @vitthal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    You're welcome and thank you for understanding, Glorian. There is always something we can learn from each other. Someday when i go wrong you might help me too.
    edited November 2015
    I think the time has come @vitthal! If you want to mention someone, just add "@" mark before someone's name! Best regards! ;)
  • @Glorian Hahaha! well, i'll do it now on, however, u don't seem to follow the same. ;)
    Very well done @vitthal!
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,439 mod

Who detemermines how many points I get. And where can I find the regulations?

Here you can find a lot of information that will help you on your way @mailforhan:
    http://learn-english-forum.org/discussion/1996
  • admpauloadmpaulo Posts: 2
    Hi friends... I now here. I from Brazil. =)
    @admpaulo Hi and nice to see you. :)
    @admpaulo, Hola, como estas? :D
  • Masha2505Masha2505 Posts: 6
    Hi, It is a great idea , I hope to improve my English
    @Masha2505 Hi and welcome. We hope the same. :)
  • jsimancasfjsimancasf Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I'm excited joining to a Skype meeting. :)
    @jsimancasf please send your Skype ID through a private message to @Lynne and get excited more. :)
  • jsimancasfjsimancasf Posts: 87 ✭✭
    @Bubbly I already did it. I'm waiting for a meeting which I can join. Currently the time zone difficulties it a little.