Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

New members - Introductions

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,477 mod
    Hi Shyam.

Welcome to the forum. :)
  • Hello! I'm Elena. I'm Russian. I lived in Moscow and Lipetsk. Now I'm living in UK so i must improve my English)))
  • hello,everyone,nice to meet you .I am real from china,I want to improve my listening english and spoken english ,thanks this website,hope have a big improvement soonest.
  • @ELENA HI,ELENA,same as you .I am coming to UK so i must improve my English.Let's together,frighting !!
  • Hi all, My name's Real, I'm a CHINESE. I like to learn english because I think It will be an important thing of my work. Nice to meet you guys.

P/S: I have sent private email to Lynne already,but have not received any invitation on Skype,so I do not whether is it successful,awaiting confirmation.

Meanwhile ,I found a Calendar of Events in the LEARN ENGLISH MENU and it shows there are about two or three lessons per day,but I do not know how to enter the lessons,need to join into Skype group ?? who can explain ?? I am confused ......Thank you very much.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,173 mod
    Hi @Elena welcome to the forum. :)
    @Real, you too, welcome to the forum. :)
    Lynne is on holiday at this moment, so please be patient.
    You'll get the invitation when Lynne is back okay?
    How to join the sessions?
    Well, if you want to join Skype sessions you need to be in the Skype Group.
    If you want to join the sessions in virtual world (SL = Second Life) you need to join Second Life and join the Virtlantis Group.
    And there are also English sessions on Google Plus with Lynne (twice a week on Monday and Wednesday) and for this you have to be member of LEO Network in Google Plus.
    But these all are on break until 6 January 2014.
    If you need more information, just ask it here.
  • Hello, I'm Tomek and I'm from Poland and I have just joined the forum, I've been looking for place like this one to try to learn and practice English, so I'm glad that have foud this site.
    Hi @Dumek,
    Glad that you join us. Welcome! :)
    Hi Real,

Welcome to the forum.

We are on our Christmas break at the moment, but we'll be back in 2014. In the meantime you can get to know everyone here. :)
    Thank you @April.

I will try to add people as and when I have a connection, but there won't be any formal sessions till I get back. :)
  • hello @Latief im from indonesia too. and im new here. heehe
    Hi Nimade.

Welcome to the forum. :)
  • hello, i'm Ahcen from algeria(new member), i'm living in cape town now..i want to improve my english communication skills, and also make new friends.. ~O)
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    Hi @Ahcen, welcome to the forum.
  • thanks @Helvio, nice to meet you
    My pleasure.
    Hi @Ahcen, we have met each other in another topic, but I won't let the chance slip away to welcome you here. :)
    Glad that you join us @Ahcen. :)
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 mod
    Hi Ahcen - welcome to this fabulous network!
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 mod
    Hi Nimade- Welcome to the network!
  • Hi,April @April,thanks for your above explanation,I will pay more patience until Lynne get back .hehe ,anyway,very glad to meet you here,and merry christmas !
  • thanks a lot friends @april, @amatsuscribbler
    Merry Christmas to you too @Real and in the meantime you could practise your English here, right?

@Ahcen, you're welcome. :)
  • @April,right ,I can practice my english here,hehe ....
    edited December 2013
    Hi @Sakaogata, welcome to the forum. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Hi, @Helvio. I am new to here. Thanks for the welcome. Where are you from? And I wonder how's the weather there? It's very cold in Hong Kong. Just around 10 degree Celsius!
  • Helvio, mind i ask how can I mention your name in my thread like how you did? adding this "@" symbol doesn't work :(
    You are welcome Sakaogata!
    I am Brazilian and here is cloudy but rain free, something around 20°C.

And don't worry about the @bluename, it will work with the time, just keep sharing.
    :)
  • @bluename Helvio, << is it so? How to mention your name. Can you tell me?

Nice to meet you!! I am a bit envious that you have such a pleasant temperature. Cloudy is bad, though. I hate cloud and mist.

By the way, are you a student or a worker? I am a fresh graduate majoring in Translation. I hope to practice my English and share my knowledge with you all. (I am also a tutor). If you have any Questions, you can ask me!
  • 20°C. Cool. pleasant temperature! cloudy is a bit bad though. I hate cloud and mist that kind of blurry thing. Are you a student?