Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

New members - Introductions

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24
    Welcome on this forum @CindyLaurens, try to participate in many discussions that you can find in the different categories. I hope to meet you very soon.
  • CindyLaurensCindyLaurens Posts: 10
    Thank you @Paulette. Looking forward meet you too
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello people,
    @arsh, @CindyLaurens,

Welcome to both of you. Keep calm and explore the network. I look forward to your participation around.

Way to go, amigos!
    Lynne said:

Welcome everyone.

Thank you, @Lynne. ;)

BTW - It's really nice to see you here. I mean - uh - it's always nice to see you everywhere, indeed. :joy:

How's life treating you now-a-days?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,522 mod
    @Dora - Life is as ever, life. I'm not sure it treats anyone with an even hand. All in all, things are fine.

How are you?
  • Hi everybody! I am new here.

I believe everybody is still learning new words even in their mother tongues as most languages are living ones and evolving. :smile:

English learning is a lifelong journey. However not many people would persist. :neutral:
  • eva_200eva_200 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone. I'm a new member of this forum . Want to speak English fluently. Could anyone help me in this regard
    Thanks @Dora. Nice to meet you
    @eva_200 i joined this forum yesterday. Welcome to you. We can help each other to improve our skills
  • aroobaarooba Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Hi @eva_200 and @CindyLaurens
  • fionafiona Posts: 2
    edited September 25
    hi~~everyone~ I am fiona ,I am new here.i really enjoy learning English and making friends.would you like to make friends with me? just send message to me right now!

-------------------------

Hi everyone, I am Fiona. I am new here. I really enjoy learning English and making friends. Would you like to make friends with me? Just send me a message!
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Hello @fiona welcome on the forum you will meet friends here with different cultures of different countries. You will enjoy your time if you participate in many discussions.
  • CarlCarl Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Carl. I am a new member here. I just got to know this site yesterday. I think this place is very nice to practice my English, so here I am! It's a great pleasure to meet and join you guys. Hope we can keep helping each other to improve ourselves! :p
    Hello @Carl nice to meet you here on the forum. And yes here you can improve yourself in a lot of things. There are so many discussions to participate. You can choose about a lot of categories, and you can't only improve your English but you can also improve your knowledge about a lot of things. Welcome Carl and I hope I see you soon in a discussion!
  • arsharsh Posts: 12 ✭✭
    THANX @Dora
    Thanks very much! @Paulette. I do believe that I will learn a lot from you guys and I will try my best. Hope to see you soon in a discussion! :)
    P.S. Is there an app designed for this site so we can have better access to this forum through our mobile phones? If so , it would be of great help to get notifications and respond without much delay. :wink:
    edited September 25
    @Carl I don't think there is a special app for a mobile phone but if you mentioned a person with @ and his forum name then the person will be mentioned in his mailaccount.
    @Lynne is the headmaster from this forum, maybe she can says if there is an app or, if not, maybe she wants develop one. ;)
    @Paulette Thanks for your kind reply and useful tip! :) . I just replied to you in the last comment with an @ before your name, is this the reason your saw my reply just now or it's because you happen to be online? I am not sure if I have used @ in the right way. When I put an @ before your name, it doesn't make your name to be clickable to link to your homepage, however the @ you put before my name in the comment does. Does this has something to do with the permission I currently have on this Forum?
    @Carl indeed I saw your replay on my mail because you had used a @ before my name. You can also do this if you get a second star, and you recieve a second star from @Lynne if you will be an active member, so how more comments you write how easier you will get your second star. If you are an actieve member then you can also more do on the forum. So take your virtual pencil and write somethings in different discussions.
    @Paulette I get it, thanks!
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,522 mod
    Hi everyone. Thanks to all the members who are helping here. You rock!
    @Lynne Thanks for making this possible! ;)
    Lynne said:

@Dora - How are you?

Upright and still breathing. :)
    Lynne said:

Hi everyone. Thanks to all the members who are helping here. You rock!

@Lynne - Yes, especially @Paulette deserves a big thanks. :)

Carl said:

Paulette, Thanks for your kind reply and useful tip! :) . I just replied to you in the last comment with an @ before your name, is this the reason your saw my reply just now or it's because you happen to be online? I am not sure if I have used @ in the right way. When I put an @ before your name, it doesn't make your name to be clickable to link to your homepage, however the @ you put before my name in the comment does. Does this has something to do with the permission I currently have on this Forum?

Hello @Carl,

In short, when you mention someone using an '@' before his/her name, it will not turn blue (well, it's just a matter of time, as @Paulette said, of course) but that person will still get a notification.
    @Dora Hope the day I can get the ability to make your names blue. Hahaha~Thanks for your kind help! :)
  • hello!!
  • ep008ep008 Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, my name is Edgar and I have been studying English for many years (maybe 10 or more) but not continuously, I usually study English for a period of 6 months or a year, then I take a break of 1 year or 2 years and so on. The purpose of joining this community is to improve my English and try to manage in a future a better English for business, travel and personal purposes.
    Hello @oscarrdz135 and @ep008 welcome to this wonderful forum, I hope you can enjoy of the different discussions of people here on the forum.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    Dora said:

kindgnice said:

Yes I will, @Dora. For you and all LEO folks, I will. :)

Thanks, bestie. You are undoubtedly doing a great job already! Happy day, @Kindgnice. :)

Awww. Thanks a bunch for calling me bestie. It's really an honor, my bestie. :smiley: @Dora :)
  • RubyDinhRubyDinh Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. I'm from Vietnam. Nice to meet you all! You can call me Ruby ;)