Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you enjoy playing video games?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
I think that video games are becoming more popular with adults now than they have ever been in the past, and for this reason I thought that I should create a discussion about them. I play video games and like action games on my console.

Do you play any video games? Do you use a console, or do you prefer to simply play on your computer?

I look forward to hearing your answers!

Comments

• JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I don't like to play them .After some minutes they become boring ,just waste of time .
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    What kinds of games have you tried though @Jandark because perhaps you just don't like the ones that you've tried so far? I know that I tried a few different genres before I settled on the games that I enjoy the most.
  • JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I have been offered to play some kind of car chasing or war games ,too violent for me .What I like it was a farmer's' one ,harvesting on a combine ,that was quite funny .But all about fighting and killing .......we have several examples where some of those players has gone on streets and continued to be hero of their favourite game in reality . A possible fresh example can be the school attack in Sweden .
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't!
    I used to enjoy playing video games when I was about 13 years old but now I like studying and watching movies more.
    I sometimes play video games with my friends and to be honest,I enjoy it but it is not my hobby!
    I agree with you about studying @navidafrasiabian as I enjoy doing that myself now, too. If my younger self knew that one day I would often choose studying over video games, she would be very shocked indeed.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed @GemmaRowlands .
    I've thought that one day studying and reading become my best hobby.
  • nmmnmm Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I used to play video games a lot but not any more
    Why don't you play video games anymore @nmm ? What types of games did you enjoy playing when you played them a lot? I know there are many different types of games to be played!
  • UxmanGhani108UxmanGhani108 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Yes i am very much interested , but i always wonder about my laptop specs. My laptop is not in a good condition . although it's a i3 , But I don't know its better or not for gaming
    Yes there are many laptops that can't cope with gaming unfortunately, and mine is one of those. But I tend to use consoles when I do play games rather than my computer, so that isn't really something that is too much of a problem to me at the moment.
  • jay416jay416 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    i play and enjoy video games but if i play about 1 hour i enjoy,more than 1 hour get boring! and i play games only on my computer until now
    I cannot play games for any great length of time anymore, as I lose interest, and simply cannot keep my attention for long enough which is a shame really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    The PC games getting develop with the technology's development. Almost lifelike characters, the music has serious orchestral sound, beautiful graphics, good story. You're as the main character, you can live through the game. It's so like you'd be really there. You're not just an outer observer, when you watch movie.
    I like the PC games. :)
    I agree about the soundtracks to games @Csilla they are quite something these days - a lot of money goes into developing them. I am a musician, so I really enjoy listening to the soundtracks on games.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Good topic. I think it's nice that people are leaving the games "for child only" stereotype behind. Seriously, so many games have interesting stories and characters, just like movies and any other media. I think the fact that people can get bored with games is due to the active nature of a game interaction, you can't simply wait for the story to develop like you would do when watching a movie (my first comment in the forum, sorry for any broken rule)
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Once upon a time I played a lot... but not for now, I think I can spend my time for something worth (especially study, learning smth new etc.). But I would buy Xbox, just for playing with friends fighting-games.
  • Izanami9Izanami9 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I use both computer and playstation 4 for playing.
    In fact, today I've bought a secondhand video game that I had been searching for months.
    It's good that you found the game that you have been looking for. Which game is it? Have you had the chance to play with it much yet @Izanami9 ?
  • Izanami9Izanami9 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Not yet @GemmaRowlands because I'm busy with my University exams right now.

The game is 'Until Dawn' for playstation 4. Have you played?
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I love video games.
    My favourite game Lord of the rings I can play with my brother in summer but I'm not free to play.
    No I haven't played that one @Izanami9 but you will have to post here and let us know how you enjoyed it when you have the chance to play it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    @gomaa Which Lord of the rings pc game did you think? There're some.
    @Csilla this play in my computer . I'm finished this game with my brother same team to attack dragon and destroy evil . My brother protect me by arrows and I'm attack into the enemy.
    Wow @gomaa it is wonderful that you are able to play this game with your brother. Do you enjoy working together? I think it is great that you can work together as a team.
    @GemmaRowlands we enjoy this together in summer but this play content high graphic
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! once upon a time...! :)
    @gomaa when you say "graphic" do you mean that there are unpleasant images in the game?
    @GemmaRowlands yes of course you need high ram to work this game . I'm practicing criminal cases in my phone . do you this game?
    Okay thanks for explaining @gomaa and no, this game isn't something that I have ever played before, but perhaps I will take a look at it sometime.
    Okay @GemmaRowlands enjoy your time I can play in free time or fun with my friends or brother, your topic more interesting