Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What did you eat? / have you eaten? / are you eating now?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    I hope you're feeling better @Hermine.

Yesterday for lunch, I had a delicious fish soup with lemon grass and rice, followed by some spring rolls and noodles which I had as a take away for dinner.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,740 mod
    @April, I do not want that, but we will see.
    @Marianne, I am still drinking pepermint tea.
  • SLBSLB Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm eating rrice
    Today I made Yorkhire pudding. I was fun to watch the pudding raise. If you want a good recipe let me know.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,451 mod
    I had spaghetti carbonara.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    I've had no lunch today as I have been so busy! I am VERY hungry now!
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    I've just eaten an apple! I love green northern Italy apples from Trentino, a place where is a very strong production of all kinds of that fruit. And I love apple cake too...And you?
    I do, I do, @Leo‌ ! I love apple cake very much. :)
    I'm going to eat a boiled egg. I hope it's okay. It's very much hard boiled because I forgot about it and instead of boiling for ten minutes, it boiled for twenty minutes.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    I'm going to eat my sandwinch with turkey slices for lunch and a banana!!! Have a good day!
    I bought strawberries yesterday.
    I wanted to eat strawberries with cream, but the strawberries were so delicious that I decided not to ruin the taste by adding cream. [-X
    Yummy. Did you add a dash of lemon or a sprinkling of sugar @april?
    My little girl is nuts about strawberries. She eats a box straight off.
    No, nothing at all @mheredge‌ :)
    You ate them with nothing on, @april! ;)
    Give me a box of strawberries @Hermine and I would also polish them off in a few seconds! :D
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I am going to eat toast with cheese, and a glass of juice for my breakfast. :)
    Today's strawberries were not so tasty as the previous, so it was my chance to have strawberries with whipped cream and it was divine! :-SS
    It's too hot to eat, but I'm going to have to have something. I have a hard boiled egg and some bread that I will snack on that will keep me going till it gets cooler.
    The strawberries I brought home yesterday are starting rotting.
    ...maybe that is better: ....have been starting to rot.
    I'm hungry at this moment, but my fridge is empty and it's midnight already. :)
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    @April. Sorry, I only just saw your question.

Cronuts are a cross between a croissant and a doughnut. I took a photo, but I haven't posted it yet.

@Hermine,

Poor you. Gastroenteritis is horrible. Get well soon.

---------------------

We went to a beer garden last nigh, but ended up sitting inside as it felt like it was going to rain. I had a flammkuchen / tarte flambee (there is no equivalent English word).
    I ate an amazing mix of three different kinds of spam or pressed ham, with some sliced cucumber, pickled cabbage (that's what it looked like, but I'm not sure) and some chilli sauce. It seems to be a very popular snack round here. I thought I should at least give it a try. I'm not convinced I'll have it again, though it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
    I ate spicy food today. I hope my stomach won't begin to protest tomorrow when I'll be travelling.
    For lunch I ate a very tasty Tom Yam soup with seafood and rice, and for dinner I had some spring rolls. Both were a bit spicy, but not too much.
    The other day I exaggerated a bit by eating too much garlic. I have to blame Jamie Oliver because he likes to put a lot fo garlic to his dishes and so did I and I ate them all, in fact I halved a head of garlic and put them to the fish.
    Later at night my daughter meant I stink not even out of my ears. hehe. I thought I am going to die, because I forgot what I have eaten, but was quite relieved it was just the food.
    edited May 2014
    Some bonus corrections @Hermine:

The other day I exaggerated overdid it a bit by eating too much garlic. I have to blame Jamie Oliver because he likes to put a lot fo of garlic to in his dishes and so did I and I ate them all. In fact I halved a head of garlic and put them to with the fish.

Later at night my daughter meant told me that I stunk [not even out of my ears] not sure what you meant here. hehe. I thought I am was going to die, because I had forgotten what I had eaten, but was quite relieved it was just the food.
    edited May 2014
    @Marianne, thank you for your correction. I didn`t want to meantion: mouth and nose, therefore I just used ears and who knows maybe it escaped from there too.
    I wish I ate Goulash soup.
    I also wished not to had eaten too much garlic, it took its course.