Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What did you eat? / have you eaten? / are you eating now?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Ohhhhhhhhh. Grilled corn =P~
    I was drinking tea with date.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    It would have been baked @Helvio, if you'd put them in the oven. As @april says, it's grilled, but better still, it's been bbq'd. I bet they tasted good.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Last week we ate hambuger meat and stew beef bcause my son said to his grandmonther that he wanted to eat them. My mon cooked a lot, and I think we have to eat them at least one more week.

-----------------------

Last week we ate hamburger meat and stewing beef because my son said to his grandmother that he wanted to eat them. My mom cooked a lot, and I think we will have to eat them at least one more week.

!Note - mom = AmE / mum = BrE
    Post edited by Lynne on
    By hamburger meat, do you mean minced beef @Steven?

I found a shop nearby that sells slabs of peanut crunch. It's wicked! It's so morish.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    Ooh! I haven't had peanut crunch for years! I don't think my teeth would cope with it now! :P
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    I am eating half apple, and it is not good, I think it is much ripe.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,452 mod
    @Helvio!
    You complain too much at the beginning of the year!
    First bad coffee and now bad apple. :-&
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    Excuse me @April, I will try don't complain any more. X_X
    You'd better Helvio!
    Don't complain for the next 360 days. :))
    :)) @april & @helvio, you seem to know each other.
    edited January 2014
    @mheredge , I try my best to learn cook english.. :)) hanmgbuger meat I mentioned is minced pork mixed diced onion , second grap a ball in your hand , third squeeze to a flat , and then cook it with pan fired. I call it a hamburger meat due it's part of a hangbuger. :) As you , I used to eat peanut crunch a lot, but I can't eat too much now for the sake of health. However, I still eat some peanuts for protecting from cardiovascular disease.

-------------------

I am trying my best to learn to cook English dishes. The hamburger meat I mentioned is minced pork mixed with diced onion. Form a ball in your hand, and squeeze it flat, then cook it in a frying pan.

I call it hamburger meat because it's part of a hamburger. Like you, I used to eat peanut crunch a lot, but I can't eat too much now for the sake of my health. However, I still eat some peanuts to protect against cardiovascular disease.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    So a genuine hamburger @Steven. I suppose I was thinking of a beefburger. (I don't eat either much).

I refrained from buying any more of that peanut crunch. It was too good and I was too much a pig as I ate it all last night.
    @Steven,
    Helvio and me know each other just here Steven. :)
    Most of us have never met @Steven. But thought we're scattered across the globe, we can meet here.
    I ate spaghetti yesterday.
    What shall I eat today?
    Do you also ask the same question everyday?
    I have just had fried eggs - cooked sunny side - on toast and am now enjoying my pot of Darjeeling tea as I sit looking over the Darjeeling spread below me. Purrrrrrrrfect!
    I can imagine the green Darjeeling tea plantation you are looking over @mheredge‌ :).
    Or are you talking about the view of the city Darjeeling? It is a city, right?
    edited March 2014
    I went to the zoo yesterday, which is about 20 minutes out of the town. I could see the Happy Valley tea gardens on the way. Darjeeling is indeed a city @april‌, which sprawls over a ridge and down quite steep hillsides.

I'm contemplating what to have for breakfast, but Darjeeling wakes up very late, so for the time being, I'll have to brew up some coffee.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Sausage with bulgur, carrots and peas,that was my dinner yesterday. :)
    I think today it's going to be brunch as I got up very late! I had a very nice bacon sandwich yesterday (there's me saying I don't eat much meat, but this was the first meat for a long time).
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    Darjeeling wakes up very late...
    Sounds like my kind of place. :)

We just sat out in the garden with a coffee and croissant. Yes - outside! It was boiling! I came in to cool off. (No I am not joking.)
    I know what you mean @Lynne‌. It's quite warm here too :)
    Now we can talk about global warming, but actually I don't want to complain at all today. I'm enjoying the warmth of the sun at this moment.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,742 mod
    Since 1777 the Universität in Innsbruck records the weather condition and it has never recorded such a warm winter.
    I wonder if I have used the right tense in the second part of the sentence. Fingers crossed.
    I'm not sure what pisa badam is (some sort of nut I guess), but the worryingly yellow biscuits I'm nibbling with my hot chocolate don't taste too bad.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    @Hermine‌ - We have had a very mild(but VERY wet!) winter.
    Since 1777 Innsbruck University has recorded the weather and it has never recorded such a warm winter/ or -it has been the warmest winter on record.
    Earth population keeps growing.
    So it's understandable that our earth becomes warmer, no?
    We all beam the warmth. :))
    Right now I'm eating some 'cream balls' for breakfast. Not a drop of cream in sight though. They're a bit like donuts, though small, round balls. They'd be good with cream and maybe once upon a time, this is how they were prepared.
    I am having a cup of tea right now. First I put some milk in my new mug and than followed a tea bag, my daughter bought home from her last trip to London, and than I poured hot water into. Now I am waiting until it has cooled , because the tea is just too hot.
    Good girl @Hermine. You put the milk in first. As far as I'm concerned, this is the right way to make tea. And the water has to be boiling.

I had rice and chicken curry at a little restaurant where the bus stopped. It wasn't bad. I also ate a few 'cream balls' which are donuts in disguise.
    edited March 2014
    @Marianne, I got that method taught from a native woman. She was so nice and showed me it in my kitchen, she was native.
    Today I had nothing from 6.30am till 3.30pm. I was starving. At home I ate too much.