Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What was the best day of your life?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,527 mod
For many of us, there will be a day that stands out above all else as being the best day of our lives. For me, it was a day that I spent with my grandparents when I was younger. We were on holiday and just had a really lovely day walking around the town, and I remember being so happy.

What about you? What was the best day of your life so far?

Comments

• mcc15mcc15 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I can't think of a specific day in the past. It's difficult to rate my best days. But I can tell, I will always remember the year 2015 because I experienced so many different and positive days (I haven't had the last three years) at home and in other countries!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,527 mod
    It is good that 2015 has been a great year for you so far @mcc15 would you mind sharing some of the positive things that have happened to you this year? I will admit that I have had a relatively good year too, which I am happy about, so perhaps I can share some experiences also!
    It started with my graduation from university, I finally got my bachelor's degree. My application for a temporary work permit was successful, after a few setbacks, and I got a work permit for 12 month in Canada. It's a great opportunity and I really enjoy my time. I don't enjoy the work (internship) itself, because it's extremely boring. But I'm thankful I got the chance to gain work experience! My life outside of work is exciting every day...I like groceries shopping in huge supermarkets, I have nice colleagues and there is always the chance to see a bear or a cougar in our back yard, just because it's Canada!
    I will be on a road trip for three month in South Africa and will spend Christmas and New Year there...
    After all these excitements I will go back to university for my master's! I'm really looking forward to be a student for two more years :)

@GemmaRowlands tell me about your 2015 ;)
    Wow @mcc15 you must have been very proud. It sounds as though you have had a very good year! This year, I have gained a lot of new writing contracts that I'm proud of, I've joined a band, we've competed at the national final championships, and I've passed my theory and practical driving tests, bought my first car, and joined the gym and started getting fit and healthy. So I do really feel as though my life has been getting on track this year!
    @GemmaRowlands do you write for magazines? How does this work? And do you write in English or French? (so many questions :), sorry )

I read in another thread, you are a member of a brass...that must be awesome to meet other musicians and compete at the national final championships. YOU must be proud!

Congratulations on your driver's licence! One day... I will buy my first own car. I imagine, that must feel great! It gives you a new understanding of independence.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today.
    I came home at 5 am after 2 months.My best friend came to my home and we had Pizza for lunch.Pizza was made by my mom and it was really delicious.How happy I am!!!!!!
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    How it was... It was warm autumn day if I'm not wrong, we were with my mom. She was smiling, joking and the main thing was to me. I really miss her...
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,501 mod
    I'm not sure if any particular day sticks out in my mind as being the best day in my life. Though I suppose the day I was made redundant from a job I really hated could be that day.
    edited October 2015
    @mcc15 I write for magazines, websites and blogs. And the occasional newspaper. I write for many different clients. And thank you, I am very happy to have my license and car! I enjoy driving it to go and see my friends. The things that I write are in English.
    @GemmaRowlands sounds interesting, flexibel and versatile!
    Yes it is interesting, as I always get the chance to research new things every day to write about. It is also flexible as I am able to fit it around pretty much anything that I want to do during the day, so I enjoy that, as it means that I can still pursue all of the hobbies that I enjoy.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    For me, every day is the best day of my life. Being able to breath every morning means a lot to me, having another day to keep going in life.
    Life is good! I agree with @kindgnice.
    I think that is a wonderful opinion to hold @kindgnice and you're quite right when you say that every day of our lives is wonderful!
    Especially talking to witty people like you @GemmaRowlands @mheredge adds up to my overall happiness everyday. ;)
    Thank you very much @kindgnice and I have to say that talking to you brightens my day, too!
    My pleasure @GemmaRowlands. :)
    I can't wait to travel to around the world and visit there in your place as one of my checklists. :)
    Thank you @kindgnice. You have definitely brightened up my day with this! :)
    My pleasure @mheredge. :)
    Who knows? Maybe someday I can visit in your place as well.
    You'd be very welcome @kindgnice. Bring your walking boots and we can go trekking!
    Wow! That would be my first time to try trekking. Thanks for the advance notice my friend. @mheredge :smiley:
  • bymohbymoh Posts: 25 ✭✭
    the best day of my life is the day when i get married, how beautiful day !!!
  • sammanisammani Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    As I remember still I don`t have a best day in my life. I have faced with many difficulties many times and still face to them.I try to make a best day of my life still.I had many happy times in my life,but I can not say that those days are my best.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I was born. ;)
    bymoh said:

the best day of my life is the day when i get married, how beautiful day !!!

That is a wonderful thing to say, and I am glad that your wedding day was something that you will remember for the rest of your life.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    @Bubbly,it is the best day of your parents too.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @sammani I believe in the best moments than days. I try to grasp the best time I can spend with anyone or doing some creative work.
    I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the best day because I keep having them! Life is good.
    mheredge said:

I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the best day because I keep having them! Life is good.

Well, that is a great thing to hear. I hope that you have many happy days in the future that you can tell us all about.