Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What was the best day of your life?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 3,637 mod
For many of us, there will be a day that stands out above all else as being the best day of our lives. For me, it was a day that I spent with my grandparents when I was younger. We were on holiday and just had a really lovely day walking around the town, and I remember being so happy.

What about you? What was the best day of your life so far?

Comments

• mcc15mcc15 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I can't think of a specific day in the past. It's difficult to rate my best days. But I can tell, I will always remember the year 2015 because I experienced so many different and positive days (I haven't had the last three years) at home and in other countries!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,637 mod
    It is good that 2015 has been a great year for you so far @mcc15 would you mind sharing some of the positive things that have happened to you this year? I will admit that I have had a relatively good year too, which I am happy about, so perhaps I can share some experiences also!
    It started with my graduation from university, I finally got my bachelor's degree. My application for a temporary work permit was successful, after a few setbacks, and I got a work permit for 12 month in Canada. It's a great opportunity and I really enjoy my time. I don't enjoy the work (internship) itself, because it's extremely boring. But I'm thankful I got the chance to gain work experience! My life outside of work is exciting every day...I like groceries shopping in huge supermarkets, I have nice colleagues and there is always the chance to see a bear or a cougar in our back yard, just because it's Canada!
    I will be on a road trip for three month in South Africa and will spend Christmas and New Year there...
    After all these excitements I will go back to university for my master's! I'm really looking forward to be a student for two more years :)

@GemmaRowlands tell me about your 2015 ;)
    Wow @mcc15 you must have been very proud. It sounds as though you have had a very good year! This year, I have gained a lot of new writing contracts that I'm proud of, I've joined a band, we've competed at the national final championships, and I've passed my theory and practical driving tests, bought my first car, and joined the gym and started getting fit and healthy. So I do really feel as though my life has been getting on track this year!
    @GemmaRowlands do you write for magazines? How does this work? And do you write in English or French? (so many questions :), sorry )

I read in another thread, you are a member of a brass...that must be awesome to meet other musicians and compete at the national final championships. YOU must be proud!

Congratulations on your driver's licence! One day... I will buy my first own car. I imagine, that must feel great! It gives you a new understanding of independence.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Today.
    I came home at 5 am after 2 months.My best friend came to my home and we had Pizza for lunch.Pizza was made by my mom and it was really delicious.How happy I am!!!!!!
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    How it was... It was warm autumn day if I'm not wrong, we were with my mom. She was smiling, joking and the main thing was to me. I really miss her...
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,489 mod
    I'm not sure if any particular day sticks out in my mind as being the best day in my life. Though I suppose the day I was made redundant from a job I really hated could be that day.
    edited October 2015
    @mcc15 I write for magazines, websites and blogs. And the occasional newspaper. I write for many different clients. And thank you, I am very happy to have my license and car! I enjoy driving it to go and see my friends. The things that I write are in English.
    @GemmaRowlands sounds interesting, flexibel and versatile!
    Yes it is interesting, as I always get the chance to research new things every day to write about. It is also flexible as I am able to fit it around pretty much anything that I want to do during the day, so I enjoy that, as it means that I can still pursue all of the hobbies that I enjoy.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,272 mod
    For me, every day is the best day of my life. Being able to breath every morning means a lot to me, having another day to keep going in life.
    Life is good! I agree with @kindgnice.
    I think that is a wonderful opinion to hold @kindgnice and you're quite right when you say that every day of our lives is wonderful!
    Especially talking to witty people like you @GemmaRowlands @mheredge adds up to my overall happiness everyday. ;)
    Thank you very much @kindgnice and I have to say that talking to you brightens my day, too!
    My pleasure @GemmaRowlands. :)
    I can't wait to travel to around the world and visit there in your place as one of my checklists. :)
    Thank you @kindgnice. You have definitely brightened up my day with this! :)
    My pleasure @mheredge. :)
    Who knows? Maybe someday I can visit in your place as well.
    You'd be very welcome @kindgnice. Bring your walking boots and we can go trekking!
    Wow! That would be my first time to try trekking. Thanks for the advance notice my friend. @mheredge :smiley:
  • bymohbymoh Posts: 24 ✭✭
    the best day of my life is the day when i get married, how beautiful day !!!
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    As I remember still I don`t have a best day in my life. I have faced with many difficulties many times and still face to them.I try to make a best day of my life still.I had many happy times in my life,but I can not say that those days are my best.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,659 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I was born. ;)
    bymoh said:

the best day of my life is the day when i get married, how beautiful day !!!

That is a wonderful thing to say, and I am glad that your wedding day was something that you will remember for the rest of your life.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 238 ✭✭
    @Bubbly,it is the best day of your parents too.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,659 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @sammani I believe in the best moments than days. I try to grasp the best time I can spend with anyone or doing some creative work.
    I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the best day because I keep having them! Life is good.
    mheredge said:

I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the best day because I keep having them! Life is good.

Well, that is a great thing to hear. I hope that you have many happy days in the future that you can tell us all about.