Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you like best about autumn?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 3,647 mod
So, in the UK it is now autumn. What do you like the most about this time of year? I like the way that all of the trees turn a beautiful golden colour before the leaves fall to the floor. I also like being able to put the fire on and shut the curtains and be nice and warm inside the house. And, of course, I love the fact that it means Christmas is on its way, which is great.

What do you like the most about autumn?

Comments

• MuhammedMuhammed Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I love autumn the best really. It's my favorite season when the weather is not so cold or too hot. I can walk by the sea watching it in nice quiet weather.
  • For me Its very rare to see autumn.
    But loved to see autumn in movies.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,519 mod
    The colours of the foliage when ghee change in autumn is my favourite thing about autumn. But the cold and wet, you can keep.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,647 mod
    Autumn in the movies is beautiful isn't is @monikabisht because they always find the best colours to film. I agree with you about the foliage @mheredge but yes, getting cold and wet isn't so fun. @Muhammed the weather is usually quite acceptable in the autumn, that is true.
  • nievesnieves Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Yes i like the colours, too. Also the pumpkin, Dragon rising and cuddly clouthes....
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    Autumn... there is already snowing in my city all day. :confused:
    It is supposed to snow here soon too, so I think it looks as though we've missed autumn entirely here. I am already looking forward to the spring when the weather starts to get a little bit warmer again!
    Here in my city, after spring comes autumn and after autumn come winter... Gosh, I think the nature forgot about summer... :disappointed:
    That is a shame that you don't see much summer @Glorian because that is one of my favourite seasons. What do you like best about the autumn months, though?
    edited November 2015
    The smell of leaves that fall down @GemmaRowlands.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumn and winter are really close to my soul so I like every theme of this weather...fog, snowfall, hailing, yellow leaves, frost, silence, darkness etc.
    edited December 2015
    It seems that since it didn't rain much during the summer monsoon, this is why there's not much snow on the mountains. However it might rain a bit at the end of the month. This should translate into snow at high altitudes.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    wind
    @zakaria_dandouni1 this is not the page of the word association game. ;)
    I love it when we start to see some snow @mheredge because it is just so beautiful. The only thing that I hope is that I am not stuck in it anywhere!
    It'll be interesting to see what autumn and winter looks like in Cambodia and Vietnam. I have the feeling that it's only one or two degrees less hot than the rest of the year.
    It always fascinates me to see people celebrate Christmas in a warm climate, because I just can't imagine it being warm on Christmas Day. To me, Christmas is all about sitting around an open fire with the family, because where I live it is usually cold and icy at Christmas.
    @GemmaRowlands but this cold weather has its own charm and I think you enjoy more in it.
    @Bubbly unfortunately I don't really like the cold weather as such, but around Christmas I can stand it because that's what it's supposed to be like at this time of the year.
    @GemmaRowlands oh! but hopefully, you still enjoy Christmas in any case. :)
    Yes I do enjoy it @bubbly because I am able to spend time with my friends and family, even though it is cold. The period of Christmas takes my mind off the cold, so that is a good thing indeed.
    It seems that it's being unseasonably hot here in Cambodia this December. Which means I guess they haven't even had any autumn. It is still painfully hot and it's mid December.
    As much as people might complain about the weather in the UK, at least it never gets dangerously hot or cold. So I suppose it is a good country to live in, really.
    @GemmaRowlands I am praying for rain as it is really dry cold weather here in Islamabad causing diseases like flu, cough, and fever.
  • OmerHOmerH Posts: 129 ✭✭
    The best thing about autumn is that I can have my coffee whenever I want.
    Why can't you have coffee any time you want when it's not autumn @OmerH?
  • OmerHOmerH Posts: 129 ✭✭
    @mheredge .. Because most of the times its extremely hot here so have to wait for right weather to enjoy coffee.
    I like the cold nights in winter that brings a deep silence with it that takes me close to my own self. I enjoy this time as my creative faculty is at peak in winter. :)
    @Bubbly did you get the rain that you prayed for? I am praying for it to stop raining, as it is very wet in my country and my garden is flooded. If it rains much more, the water will get into the house.
    @GemmaRowlands prayers are not granted and we are still waiting for rain. How was your Chrismas?