Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you like shopping online?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,767 mod
When it comes to shopping, I very much enjoy shopping online, as I feel that I can get better value for money than I would have been able to get if I'd decided to go to the shops in my town. I have to pay to have items delivered, but I still believe that it is more than worth it in the long term.

How about you? Do you enjoy buying items online, or would you rather just go to a store and buy them in person?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My colleagues enjoy online shopping but I never did. I can't buy a thing without touching it or feeling it. I like to go shopping because it is really a fun. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,767 mod
    Yes I know what you mean about liking to touch things before you buy them @Bubbly and there are certain things that I would never want to buy before I was able to see them, either. But most of the time I will order things online because it is so much easier, and it means that I don't have to go to the shops.
    @GemmaRowlands I love to go shopping because it is full of fun other than buying things. :)
    Yes I certainly agree that shopping can be very fun indeed @bubbly and I choose to go most weekends to have some fun. I enjoy trying on outfits that I'm not going to buy, just so that I can see what they look like.
    @GemmaRowlands I sometimes like window shopping just to get the idea of new trend and fashion.
    What do you buy for the Christmas? Any special shopping so far?
    This year @bubbly we are buying a real Christmas tree instead of the plastic one that we usually get, and I am looking forward to buying things to decorate it with. So the next time I go shopping, that is what I will do.
    @GemmaRowlands real tree means? I am sorry I have no idea about it. Though, I attend Christmas parties but I have seen plastic trees decorated with lights.
    Sorry @bubbly I will explain. When I say a "real tree" I mean a tree that has been grown and chopped down. In our country, lots of people have plastic Christmas trees that they use every year.
    @GemmaRowlands OK. What is the name of Christmas tree and do you buy the copped one?
    The Christmas tree we have bought this year is called a Norman Fir. We went to pick it up this morning, and we were able to watch it being chopped down. It was a magical experience, and I enjoyed it very much.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    Did you buy your Christmas tree online @GemmaRowlands?

I had fun and games with my Lonely Planet guide to Bangladesh that I bought as an ebook the other day. My Internet connecton was so slow that it failed to download every time I tried. Lonely Planet have reset my order so I'll try again when I'm in Cambodia and have a faster connection.
    No I didn't buy it online @mheredge I went to the forest and chose which one I want, and then they chopped it down for me. It was very magical to be able to watch it happen!
    Recently, one of my colleagues bought a beautiful dress online. It is amazing. For the first time, I am going to shop online because of the first feeler of that dress.
    I buy dresses online sometimes, but I don't like it when I cannot try things on, so I will only buy summer dresses, rather than things like fitted dresses for parties and things like that.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    I managed eventually to download a copy of the the two guidebooks I'd bought from Lonely Planet. It was such a palaver that I'm not sure if I'll bother again in future.
    I bought a traditional dress online as a birthday gift for my sister. It is really awesome to have it in few hours. In emergency, online shopping is much better than going to the market and spend much time.
    I like the shops that deliver very quickly to you @Bubbly but you have to be careful that you're choosing the right shops, because sometimes items can take a lot longer to come than you might think. I have waited weeks for things before now!
    @GemmaRowlands I agree with you. But, I rarely use online shopping option. One of my colleagues recently ordered one dress but when she received it was a different item with low quality. Not every online website is authentic.
  • LienLien Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    I've never buy something through online before. It is hard to find a qualified product. Some salers can cheat buyers. Their products which they advertised and the product which buyer received are 2 different products, even receive fake goods. No one controls the quality of online product.
    edited January 2016
    @lien In China there are lot of online websites for shopping spree. One of my students went there and he told me that we don't need to go shopping as everything is available at our doorsteps.
    @Bubbly Yes, China have many online websites. Whereas, there are good and bad salers in my country. Online website for shopping spree is really useful in busy life. However, salers should be had business ethic. My friend had bought some items through online websites. She had been cheated as it turned out. Some of them had broken down. When my friend complain and demand refund through phone, she was yelled terribly. Oh my god.
    @Lien online shopping always bring some issues as you can't judge a shopping item simply by looking it at a website that is why I don't follow it regularly.
    @Bubbly Yes, I agree with you. Well my friend is unfortunate in her deal.
  • OmerHOmerH Posts: 129 ✭✭
    I used to shop online but most of the times I had issues with size or the colour. Sellers use Photoshop excessively and the photographs do no exactly represent the true product.
  • 1b2b3b41b2b3b4 Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Yes I think is a plus to buy online, because you can compare the same product from many shops and chose the good price for you. Also you have time to tuch and feel it when have it in your hands, and if you don't like it you can return and get your money back. It is about the electronic products. For food, to be onestly, the best way is to go to the shop and see it and smell it, etc.

PS: Be careful when you buy online and you pay with your credit card!
    Yes @Lien shopping online can sometimes be a little bit dangerous, but if you stick to sellers who have a good level of feedback then you should be a little safer and should get what you have ordered within a good timeframe.
  • DmitryDmitry Posts: 85 ✭✭
    My wife very like doing shopping online but she also like go to different shops)
  • RemaRema Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dmitry What about you? Do you like to buy online or you just prefer an ordinary shopping?
    Marko
  • DmitryDmitry Posts: 85 ✭✭
    @Rema
    ordinary shopping is punishment for me) I really don't like it
    so I prefer online shopping
  • RemaRema Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dmitry You have right, I have same opinion ;)
    Marko