Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What type of films do you enjoy watching?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,507 mod
If you like watching films, what type of films do you like watching the most? For me, I like comedy films, and this is because I love to laugh, and I like films that can help me with this. I also like romance films, but I need to know that the film is going to have a happy ending before I watch it.

How about you? What is your favourite type of film, and why?

Comments

• RajasekharreddyRajasekharreddy Posts: 77 ✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands I am dying to watch science fiction movies and I always inspired by those movies indeed.They motivate me to do something new and experimental.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,507 mod
    I know what you mean about being inspired @Rajesekharreddy because in a way it makes me feel the same. Though I'm not sure that I am clever enough to be able to come up with any ideas that could actually change the world. But it certainly helps to inspire me to give it a go at least!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like thriller and mystery movies. Sometimes, I like to watch classic drama. Comedy is the recent addition to my watch list.
  • amrtarekhassanamrtarekhassan Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Hi @GemmaRowlands , I like action and mystery movies, because it full of entertainment and have some lessons like , how to defend yourself , and the fast reaction..
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I like watching good movies in all genres, but I enjoy less in drama movies without action and full crying scenes. My favorite are movies with fantasy genre, movies with swords and horses or dragons and maybe some magic.
    Action and mystery movies are very entertaining aren't they @amrtarekhassan I agree with you. I like movies where there is action from beginning to end, and I do find it very entertaining indeed.
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    i like the scary movies specially the mystery ones ... also i like the comedian and some romantic movies too
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,283 mod
    I don't like violence or fantasy films much, but otherwise I can watch just about anything.
    What is it that you like about scary movies @nisreen.mustafa ? I always get too scared and have to switch them off, so I don't find myself enjoying them all that much. I do wish that I could appreciate that kind of thing a little bit more, though.
  • amrtarekhassanamrtarekhassan Posts: 41 ✭✭
    yes @GemmaRowlands you are right .. so i love it . :smile:
  • mdsolimanmdsoliman Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Action, mystery and Scientific.
    What kind of scientific films do you like to watch @mdsoliman? I admit that I do like films in that genre on occasion, but they do have to be about something that I really enjoy reading about. I like things about genetics and evolution the best, at the moment.
  • YellowYellow Posts: 7
    My favorite movie is from urugay, its called "whiskey" is in spanish but if someone knows to talk in spanish and wants to see it, is on youtube, the directrs are Juan Pablo Stoll and Pablo Revella
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > What kind of scientific films do you like to watch mdsoliman? I admit that I do like films in that genre on occasion, but they do have to be about something that I really enjoy reading about. I like things about genetics and evolution the best, at the moment.

Have you watch "Advantegeous"
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it @Yellow. Thanks for mentioning Whisky. If I get into too much troubles with the Spanish, I'll get back to you. If you don't mind. :)
    No I have never watched that film @Yellow what it is about? I am always looking for new recommendations, so I would be very interested to hear more about it to see if it is something that I would enjoy.
    @Zom I don´t... mind please tell me what do you think of the movie when you watch it, I want to know.
    @GemmaRowlands "Advantegeous" is a science fiction movie, is placed, in a near future. Is about a mom and a dauther that tries to live happy in a world that have a lot of problems... Is very interesting movie, one of the topics is about beauty and the apparence. is in english...
    @Yellow I've watched the trailer, it looks the kind of stuff I like. Once I've watched it completely maybe I could set up a private conversation on the forum where I could ask you about some Spanish vocab and expressions and talk about the film?

My Spanish needs a boost and this could be a good way for me to improve. What do you think? Would you be interested?
    Thanks for the information @Yellow that sounds like the type of film that I would enjoy watching, so perhaps I will try it and see whether I like it or not. I am definitely looking to broaden my horizons when it comes to watching films, so this would be a great thing for me to do, I think.
    I've just watched Whisky @Yellow. I think Jacob is a great bloke. :D
  • 1ashish1ashish Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I personally like to watch action, thriller movies. e.g. TAKEN
    because they are made with very much sense..every thread linked to each other.
    I have seen the film Taken and I enjoyed it very much @1ashish :) Have you seen the sequels to that film?
  • amino32amino32 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I like Romance, action, and comedy... unlike you @GemmaRowlands i must know the movie has a sed ending to watch it.
    I don't really like sad endings @amino32 because I like things to cheer me up. Sad endings leave me feeling a little bit down.
    it is not that i don't like happy endings, @GemmaRowlands but i prefer sad endings cause they are more real..
    Yes I know what you mean @amino32 I suppose more things in real life have sad endings than the very happy ones that you see sometimes in films.
    very true @GemmaRowlands
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,283 mod
    I haven't watched so many full length feature movies lately as they take longer. Most films seem to last a couple of hours or more nowadays. I tend to prefer watching episodes from TV series that last an hour or less.
    Yes movies do take a long time. TV shows are great to watch because you only to put aside a small amount of time to watch them.