Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your dream job?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 3,858 mod
If you could pick any job to do, what would it be? For me, it is quite similar to the job that I am already doing, but I would do it in a slightly different way. I currently work as a writer and editor but I am freelance. I would like to work for a larger publishing house and work on novels that are waiting to be published. That is very much what I would like to do, but unfortunately there is nowhere like that to work in my local areas at the moment.

What about you? If you could pick any job in the world, what would it be and why?

Comments

• KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dream I hope if I can a lot of farm to introduce service and grops around the world I hope if I can help all the people around the world and trying to spread the peace and sell fruits and vegetables a few money.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,858 mod
    Wow @gomaa it sounds as though you have a very worthwhile dream indeed, and something that is definitely worth thinking about for the future. Farming is key to human survival; we wouldn't be able to live without it, so helping with this in some way would be a great thing indeed.
  • tanghuatanghua Posts: 12 ✭✭
    My dream job is CEO. I think it will Achieve someday. Because I am working hard to improve my ability.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands thank you the world become pretty places by working everyday and improve our society
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    For me University Teacher and in parallele writer but it's hobbie i think not really job.. hmmm what do say ?
    @xzena if you were a teacher, what would you want to teach? I have always liked the thought of teaching university students because they want to be there and aren't being forced, and I think that their enjoyment of the subject would help a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Exactly @GemmaRowlands they want to be there.. and i want to be there me too now.
    About your question what i like teach i answer you Sociology.
    What about you ?
    If I was a teacher @xzena I would want to teach music, and this is something that I have done in the past. I enjoy music, and like to be able to help young people (and adults, I suppose) find the right instrument for them that they can enjoy.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,031 mod
    Teach in Asia and you'll find most students are much keener on learning than they are in the UK @GemmaRowlands . I really admire people who stand it being a teacher in most British schools.
    Yes I have noticed that Asian schools tend to have more enthusiastic pupils, whereas those in the UK often aren't really interested in their education at all, and would much rather be doing something else. It is a shame, but I certainly admire teachers in England for the job that they do.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭
    Being a professor in Harvard university.I like to teach transport phenomenon like fluid mechanics,heat transfer and mass transfer.
    That sounds like a wonderful job @navidafrasiabian do you have much knowledge on the subject already, or is it just something that you would like to learn about?
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    do research and have fun.
  • 1ashish1ashish Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I want to run my Own software development company which will work for betterment of society like poor children education online or educate people ..etc.
    Owning your own company sounds amazing @1ashish do you think that this is something that you could realistically do at some point in the future?
  • Learningdiva2Learningdiva2 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I would like to run my own Consultancy Firm which would work for Environmental Issues as well as Social Issues of society.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already doing what I wanted in my life. But, now I realised that I should be more specific now. May be I will resume my teaching career and also start working for NGO. Writing is my passion, so I intend to make it more organized.
    I am very happy that you are doing what you wanted to in life @Bubbly as that is something that many people never manage to achieve. You should be proud that you are reaching your goals!
    @GemmaRowlands this year is really tough for me as I need to decide which professional career, I should focus on more. But, I know that I will definitely opt what is close to my heart. :)
    It can be difficult when you're trying to decide which career to go for @Bubbly but I am sure you will be successful in whatever you do, as you have the determination and motivation to work for what you want.
    @GemmaRowlands So challenging but achievable goals that I've set for this year. :)
    I think my dream job right now would be to have to go and scout out new holiday destinations but get paid for it!
    I had a great conversation with my mentor yesterday. He helped me a lot to rethink about my future plans. I hope that in few weeks I would be able to find out one definite career path for me.
    This is great news @Bubbly I am glad that you feel your definite career path is almost decided upon. You must be very excited about it indeed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    My dream job: nice manager and colleagues, big salary, registrated, safe workplace, correct circumstances, appreciation + I like to do my job.
    Having a good manager is so important @Csilla.
    @Csilla yes that job sounds amazing I think we all wish we could have a job like the one you described!
  • Eva11Eva11 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    my dream job is a fashion illustrator. I would be able to draw figures, illustrations and I would be like to be in the fashion industry. My job now is so far from this :)
    Are you good at drawing now @Eva11 ? You should send some samples to designers and see if there are any jobs available for you at the moment!
    @Eva111 it is really interesting job with a great scope these days. You must pursue it and it will definitely give you a lot of satisfaction and pleasure. :)