Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Can you forget someone who love ? how can you forget your darling when you break up !!?

snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in People and Feelings
Trying to forget someone you love, is like trying to remember someone who never met.

For me I did it ! not easy but I did it ! what about you share you experience !

Comments

• Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    The more you trying to forget someone, the more you remember them. When you trying to forget someone, you should join social activities, make new friends, don't be alone, accept it and let time to healing, I think.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    @Ha_la it's the way to forget someone but do you think you can foregt him ?
    for me I can't forget what i have lost till now since 3 years ans I can start new page !!
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    you can be friends!
    it is not like old days for sure!, but good enough to let you two to try another way of connecting..
    so you can remember and meet that person at the same time :)

i don't know, did i get it right?! or did i miss something in there?
    Never keep in touch with your ex girl @moath. it's wrong for me I cut any connextion
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,917 mod
    It can be very hard to forget somebody who you can't stop thinking about. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to try and keep yourself as busy as possible, and you should find that this helps to keep your mind away from the person you're trying to forget. Eventually, you will find that you can live without that person, and that your life can and will move on.
    @GemmaRowlands agree with you and you need time to forget the person, in the beginning it's hard and with time it becomes less difficult
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @snack98 It's very hard to forget someone who was a part of your life, so you should connect other people, help someone whom you can help, it maybe make you feel better and let time to healing.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,504 mod
    Why try to forget? Surely there were good times that are worth remembering? And the more you try to close someone out, the worse it can get. In general I've followed @moath's very good advice.
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    well, i don't know why you have to cut all connections!
    i think friendship can be possible, unless you hate each other!!
    well, you don't have to take my advice, i never had an ex anyway!! :D :D
    but you can listen to @mheredge about that, she had experience ;)
    because you suffer If you keeep in touch with our ex girl friend
    Look at it another way, if you really like her, staying friends can sometimes be a much better alternative to losing her completely. I'm still very good friends with most of my ex 's.
    lol @mheredge you are lucky to can do this !!! for me I can't do it .
    mainly when I was really on love with them
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I fell in love with a girl, a christian,and I didnt believe that time. She prposed breaking up because of my faith. I felt morose. Several weeks after that conversation, I receieveed Jesus and find what a awesome and wise decision! what a insightful sister! Then I happily broke up with her. It seems a good ending.
    But it seems she is unwilling to talk more with me now, maybe what she thinks is similar to yours @snack98 :talk less with your ex hahaany Anyway, everyone has his/her way,I am frateful to her because her told me that faith.

As for the topic, I am losing communication with her now,but it doesnt matter I think.
    All's well that ends well @JoshuaJin.
  • nmmnmm Posts: 22 ✭✭
    It's very hard to forget someone you love but you have to go through this phase sometime. It's really hard and sometime you really feel that your life is going to end without that person.
    But with time It will be ok! @nmm
  • UxmanGhani108UxmanGhani108 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Hmm , I think nothing can make you to forget Jaan Only the time can , I first broke up with a girl when i was in 10 grade , Still she come into my dreams and make my days sad , But now i am used to it
    @UxmanGhani108 but when you are young it's different !
    Love is not different in any age @snack98
    sure but it's more easier to forget when you are young @UxmanGhani108
    But It's more difficult to forget when you love someone in very early age. @snack98
    Coz feeling are more sensitive at the time
    sure it depend the person @UxmanGhani108 for me when I was young I forgot quickly and I start new relationship easily, but It's not obvious now !
    That's good , Share your Experience.
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    If we talk about love, it is always more interesting thing than the other topics because everyone ever have experienced and involved in it. Especially for me, it was really hard forgetting people that we ever loved, my own personal is not easy to falling in love with someone new, because I need the time to know him well. So, the way I took were always make me busy with other things except to find the someone new. These activities were hanging out with my best friends, watching movies (my favorite genre is action), shopping etc. I think it more helpful when I were in that circumstances. I never again talked abaout him or remember everything that he liked eventhough it was hard to do.
    This sounds a much better way to get someone out of your system than sitting around moping @icha_15. Best of all, doing these things, you're much more likely to meet someone else. Even if you don't, you're having fun.
    Yes absolutely right @mheredge I had some funs with my activities, but unfortunelly I didn't find a new someone at that time..LOL
  • nickwunickwu Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I will cut connect with her if break up,never.never communicate,Maybe I can't accept the fact.I think It's hard for me to become friends with her.@icha_15 Hi guy.Did you play the LOL?also I am addicted to this game,if I have spare time,I will to play and can't control.so Yesterday I had uninstall this game,to say goodbye to it...Ah.
    Hi @nickwu nice to meet you here in this group discussion. Yeah sometimes we can't forget the someone that had broke our heart, but by the times the feeling of hatred and anger will evaporated and ready to starting the new life :D.
    We have the similar feeling that we felt to someone we ever loved and broke our heart also in past time.

I meant LOL above is loud of laughing not name of a game, sorry made you misunderstanding with that.
  • WhisktsWhiskts Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I don't think you can forget someone. You just can stop feel the feelings to this person. And I think the only way is just separated yourself from this person. It takes time, but I think someday you would spend whole day without even on thought about this person ;)