Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you believe in true love?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,507 mod
There are many people in life who believe that there is true love out there for everybody, but what do you think about it? Are you one of the people who thinks that there is a "right" person for us all, or do you think that we could be equally as happy with multiple people?

Personally, I think that everyone has their true love, but not many are lucky enough to find them.

Comments

• ChauAnhChauAnh Posts: 3
    I believe in true love. I can't forget the first feeling when i'm in love.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    Yes it exist the true love ! already try it
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,507 mod
    I am glad to see that you both believe in true love. So, does this mean that you have experience of it? I do believe in it, and I very much want to find my own true love, but I don't think there is much of a chance of that at the moment, because there isn't anybody who likes me enough to date me right now.
  • pritripritri Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Yes I believe in true. It's always the most unforgettable and the best one. It happens only once.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,283 mod
    Only once @pritri? Some people fall in love time and again. Though it is said that there's nothing quite like the first love of your life.
    I don't think that it is true love if you are able to fall out of love and fall in love with somebody else. If that happens, then the person who you fell out of love with was never the right person for you in the first place, which is sad but true. We only have one true love, but very few of us manage to find that person, so we have to settle for second best.
  • F@timaF@tima Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I thought I have a person that he can be true love for me but when he heared I'm sick, left me :(
    I thought I have a person that he can be true love for me but when he heared I'm sick, left me :(
  • pritripritri Posts: 28 ✭✭
    @F@tima sorry to hear that. Stay strong.
    @mheredge . Yes True love is something that which makes us go crazy and gives us the best feelings. The same can't occur more than once. If it happens you can feel the same way.
    @pritri thank you so much my friend
    I'll to stay strong :|
    I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you @f@tima it sounds as though you've been through a very tough time indeed. I hope that you can stay strong and find somebody who is worthy of your love.
    @GemmaRowlands thank you so much
    You're so kind
    Have a nice day
  • moscollmoscoll Posts: 2
    no i don,t believe in true love ,,because girl deserve it
  • moscollmoscoll Posts: 2
    no one girl deserve it
  • mcc15mcc15 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    @moscoll There is not even one girl out there who deserves your true love OR girls don't deserve true love?????

I think there is more than one true love. People change and you aren't always the same person. Maybe you change habits, make new experiences, ... and relationships break up. I really think self-reflection is one of the most important skills a person can have. Therefore, I guess, I will not look for a similar partner, I just broke up with, because I'm not the same person after a failed love experience!
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    I do really believe in it but i never tried it ... i hope to find the right person
    It is not nesesary that the first love in your life is the true one you may fall in love again and discover that it the true love you were looking for long time ago ... you may fall in love the first time but then u find that this person doesn't worth it ... and the second time could be the true one .
    @moscoll you should not geniralize that all girls are the same and they don't deserve love because you've had a failed love experiance ... i think that girls are more faithful than most of the guys specially in love ... as a girl if i fall in love i wouldn't let it go unless my partner do something really bad for me like cheating ... or stop caring about me
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I had though about this years ago. was there any true love?
    When I though about it, I started to thing if there someone who would love me sincerely as I was.
    Later I tried to ask myself if I could love someone sincerely not because her beauty, ,money, job or lineages more then I loved myself.
    I think most of us want something from someone we love. at least we wanna them to love us too right. so is There any true love?
    Then I realised that I had someone who loved me better than I loved myself and She never expected me to reply her love. And can you guess who It is? It is my mother.
    I believe mother's love is a true love or maybe more, It is a pure love.
    yes our parents love is the right love ... i totally agree with that @Rafiarema
    Yes I agree that the love between a parent and a child is most definitely true, and that bond is the one bond that will never be broken. We never really know love until we have a child.
  • RagulkumarRagulkumar Posts: 10
    If it is a love, it should be a true one. There is no term called true love
  • RagulkumarRagulkumar Posts: 10
    Everything is connected in this world, so yes love is all we needed.
    That is an interesting thought @Ragulkumar but I do think that people mix up other feelings with love, and believe that they have been in love when they haven't. Do you think you have experienced real love, then? It would be great to hear your story!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    i do believe in true love
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe true love between couple I think we need trust fristly .the true love meaning relation between woman and girl and not interesting about money and religion or blood
    Why don't you believe in true love @nouranmahgoub ? Has something happened to you that stopped you from believing, or have you never believed in it? It would be great to hear your opinions about it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I don't believe in love because its not continue so why i believe in something will go away @GemmaRowlands
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Love is our pure and subtle emotion that goes with us throughout the life. No one can ever live without love as it makes our lives positive and progressive in many ways.