Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is in your bedroom?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,128 mod
People have lots of things in their bedrooms, but what is in yours? I don't like use my bedroom for anything other than sleeping, so in mine there is a bed, a dressing table, and places to store my clothes. I do not have a television or a computer in there, because I think that technology can effect you getting to sleep at night.

What do you have in your bedroom?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,539 mod
    Same here @GemmaRowlands, though my place is so tiny that I don't have much space for anything more than a bed, rack for my clothes in one alcove, and small chest of drawers in the other alcove. Yesterday however, I picked up a very useful slim, three-drawer side table that I'm using to keep all the bits and pieces like phone chargers, hard drives, power packs and cables for this, that and the other. Don't look under the bed but here I have things stored away too.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,128 mod
    It can sometimes be quite helpful if you only have a small space available @mheredge because that means that you're forced to be clever about your storage, and really keep the place clean and tidy. I keep things under my bed also, including wrapping paper and gifts when I have been buying them for Christmas.
    It's also a very good incentive not to buy things for the sake of it @GemmaRowlands. I always have at the back of my mind, where on earth can I put it?!
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭
    I looove my bedroom. It's like a "boudoir" I've rearranged my furniture.
    I was inspired by lolita fashion, doll houses, roccoco and victorian styles.
    Wow @Elfish I love your bedroom! It looks as though it is somewhere that you would really be able to relax. Do you feel very comfortable in there? I like the thought of a bedroom that you can escape to, and yours looks as though it is perfect for that.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,823 mod
    Our bedroom is small too, usually there are piles of books everywhere, like in the rest of the house. :smile:
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands You can feel comfortable somewhere only if you're comfy in your own mind. I had good moments and bad ones in this room. But yes, most of the time I feel rather comfy- the decor is soothing, the bed is comfy and warm, and I have plenty of books, that are like paper friends, on a bookshelf, and faerie figurines on another that help me escape as you say. :smile:
    That is very true, I suppose you need to be happy and content before you can be comfortable. So that's good that you are able to feel that way most of the time. I too feel happy in my bedroom most of the time. I find that it is the perfect place to go when I am looking for somewhere that I can relax.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,868 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My bedroom is huge and stuffy as I have a big bed and a couch as well in there. Then, there are a number of things that made it really stuffy like wardrobe, books, makeup and some old stuff. I usually clean up my room after a week but it remains disorganized rest of the days.
    I think a lot of people have messy bedrooms, but as long as you know where to find everything, it isn't too much of a problem. I have a tidy room, but one chair where I keep some clothes that I haven't got around to putting away yet.
    Last night and tonight I'm sleeping in a beautiful bedroom with incredible views across to the Annapurna mountains. There's a veranda in front of the French windows and wooden beams across the ceiling. The bathroom is pretty amazing too, with a black slate floor and very stylishly decorated.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,907 mod
    Our bedroom is large as well. We have got two wardrobes in it, because of the large window in between. A chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets.
    @Elfish, your bedroom is so what of nice and so tidy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Our bedroom is very simple there is a double bed, a library with drawers, a big wardrobe, an armchair and two bedside table. we have not tv because we prefer reading a book.
    Do you mean there's a bookcase with large drawers @biso?
    @mheredge yes, no a library in the bedroom :D
    Wow @biso I wish that I was able to have a library in my bedroom, because it sounds wonderful. I love books, and being able to choose one right before I get into bed would just be fantastic.
    @GemmaRowlands it's true, would be fantastic who we would can choose any book that we want.
    My bookshelf is out in the living room but I always have a few books around by the bed @biso. I usually have two or three on the go at any one time when I'm in my flat in Nice.
    @mheredge also we have a bookshelf in living room, my wife works for a magazine of art, therefore you can imagine how many books we have in home.
    And many of these books are probably coffee table books, aren't they @biso?
    @mheredge yes they are, those there are many as you want.
    See, I can't read more than one book at once @mheredge or I lose track of the story and forget what is happening in each book. I can perhaps read separate non-fiction ones, but I could never mix two fictional plots I don't think.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,839 mod
    You don't want to know what I all have in my bedroom.
    The hotel room I'm in right now has a small fridge/freezer. I'm eying this up for future reference for when I come back to Kathmandu in a couple of months. Not that there's much electricity to run a thing like this, but it still would be better than nothing.
    It is always good to have a fridge in a bedroom that you're staying in @mheredge because then you are able to keep your food and drink cool, so it will taste a lot better.
  • OmerHOmerH Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I have a bed of course, a couch, my laptop and a side table which is full of my stuff and it's hard to find something from it when I really need something. :/
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,868 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Insatiable curiosity April. :)
    april said:

You don't want to know what I all have in my bedroom.

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,439 mod
    edited April 2016
    I don't usually have my permanent room. I can freely lie in my sister's bedroom or in parent's family bedroom. :)
    Oh, so you don't have a bedroom to yourself @kindgnice ? I'm not sure how I would feel about that, as I always like to have my own space!
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,439 mod
    Yup. But I consider our living room as my room as well, such as our sofa. ;) @GemmaRowlands