Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you have a talent ?

nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
Do you have a talent ? so what is it ??

i can draw and play on the piano ... so what about you???

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,877 mod
    I am quite good at music, in that I can pick up an instrument and play a tune on it. It might not be the best standard in the world, but I do enjoy making music, and very much like finding new instruments to play whenever I can.
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    you know my favorite instrument is the guitar i really wish to learn how to play on it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Since I was younger people say that I have a talent for drawing. I also enjoy writing and I'm not that bad. I can play guitar too. I wish I could play piano, it's an amazing instrument :)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,079 mod
    I'm quite good at knitting!
    So we could teach each others @BeatrizAbrantes
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    i'm good at drawing
    i'm sure i would be good at some music instrument, but i never tried, guitar is my favorite though..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Yeah, it would be awesome @niscreen.mustafa :)
    @mheredge Knitting is so interesting who teach it to you ???
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am quite good at dress designing, artwork especially fabric painting, dough work, cards designing, and creative writing. I also like to do embroidery but now I don't have time to do most of the above activities.
    I also learned knitting from my mum but I didn't like it too much.
    edited September 2015
    @bubbli so you are an artist :wink:
    edited September 2015
    @nisreen.mustafa I try to do what I can do by using my creative skills.
    Oh @X er I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you. I hope the Forum can help cheer you up. Creating music and singing is definitely wonderful talents to have.
    @xcer i hope that you will recover soon and enjoy your time with us ... it's really amazing to make music and you can share your music here in the forum that would be fun .
    @xcer you can take part in @christelle session. She will guide you how.
  • christellechristelle Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join in Karaoke session on wednesdays @xcer !

• I'm good at acting, drawing, designing especially interior designing. These are what I've discovered till now.
    This is interesting @nil so you are an artist too , right ?
  • Well we can say that @nisreen.mustafa. :)
  • mohamed.kamalmohamed.kamal Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I'm good in drawing
    What do you like drawing @mohamed.kamal?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,081 mod
    I can do a lot of things, but I'm not really good in one thing.
    I don't know where my talent is. :(
    @april ... your talent is that you are a great member
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,081 mod
    Thank you, @nisreen.mustafa :) .
  • GulmiraGulmira Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Every time when somebody asks me if I have hobby or talent, I don't know what to answer... I can't play any musical instrument, I can't paint, I can't draw.., I can't anything... then I think: "Is something wrong with me? I don't have any talent"! :#
    Do you associate the word "talent" only with art? or Does it imply something more? What is talent?
  • otaviosalomaootaviosalomao Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Gulmira "talent" can be a infinity things that you can be easily, if you are a great lazy (i think not :p ) its could be a talent also, useless of course but its a talent.All people has a talent if you think that u don't have any talent so its your talent "no talent" :)
    edited October 2015
    @Gulmira no it could be any thing you are great in doing it ... for example i have a talent in convincing others of what i think .. also i am a very calm person that did not get nervous fast this could be a talent too .... sense of humer it considered a talent ... any one have a talent but you should try to discover it in yourself .
  • mcc15mcc15 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    @Gulmira Eventually, it's more the case that people think of all types of creativity when they hear "talent".
    I think talent is more of a skill. You can be talented in networking, leadership can be a talent, and so on.
    I'm sure you have a talent!!!!
  • GulmiraGulmira Posts: 41 ✭✭
    @mcc15 @Nisha-raj123 @otaviosalomao , thank you for your comments. Surely, I agree with you, talent is not just about art or creativity and, of course, I have talents:). I have a talent of going shopping the whole day:) or, for example, I have a talent to talk to people about difficult issues without making them angry...

Everyone has a talent.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so.My eidetic memory is good.I am also talented in scientific matters,especially chemistry and chemical engineering.I have gone to guitar class for 2 years and I had amazing progress,but I left it because I wanted to focus on my studying.Sometimes I regret!
    @navidafrasiabian ad how did you find the playing on the guitar is it fun ???