Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your favourite type of weather?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 4,697 mod
I like sunny weather, but not so hot that you can't walk around in it. Ideally, I like the sun to shine just enough to make it feel warm, without feeling overpowering at the same time. My country has a lot of days like that during our summer time, so that is very good indeed for me, which I am happy about.

What is your favourite type of weather? What do you like to do when the weather is good for you?

Comments

• I love the weather is very hot B)

I can going to swim or buy ice con
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,751 mod
    I don't like it too hot, but otherwise I don't mind as long as the sun is shining, at least a bit.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain and winter both are favourite because I feel more close to myself and I have done my creative work more in them as they inspire and motivate my creative faculty to flourish more. I like to walk in Monsoon rain as it has some mesmerizing effects on me. Then, I like snowfall as well where there are more chances to live close to the nature and enjoy it. :)
    @GemmaRowlands it was exactly your perfect weather day today. It was lovely. Warm, sunny but not too hot. It couldn't have been better hiking weather.
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    i love winter specially the snow .. beside the cold weather makes me feel happy and hungry so it reminds me with food (the thing that i love) LOL..
    @nisreen.mustafa same here. But, I prefer coffee or tea or soup whenever I feel hunger in winter. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,697 mod
    It is very interesting to hear the replies to this conversation and see the different types of weather that people prefer. Personally, today has been a good day. We have had a little heat and sunshine, but it hasn't been too hot. I have been out for a walk and really enjoyed myself.
    It's got a bit warmer again during the day, but nights are cooling down. Which is perfect in my book.
    I like to walk in the morning due to moderate weather. I like to breathe in fresh air and enjoy the fragrance of flowers. Nothing compares that!
    Walking first thing in the morning is a great thing to do, particularly when the weather is quite cool, but warm enough to keep you feeling comfortable. I enjoy walking at this time of the day, and find that it sets me up very nicely for the day ahead. So therefore, it is something that I try to do as often as I possibly can.
  • mounirstahmounirstah Posts: 7
    I prefer sunny days. I think clouds and rain are little bit depressing.
    Yes you're right, I think the weather can affect your mood @mounirstah in fact I have something called "season affective disorder" which means that I have low mood in the winter months for exactly that reason. So I am much happier when the weather is nice, too!
    It's pretty much my favourite kind of weather now, here by the Mediterranean. It's a bit cloudy, a bit windy, a little rainy sometimes, sunny but not so hot. It's perfect.
    That sounds amazing @mheredge and I have to say that I'm enjoying the weather that I have at the moment. It is now October, and I haven't had to heat my home yet, which is something that I am very happy about, because it means that I am able to save some money on our energy bills.
  • mahmoud44mahmoud44 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    i love winter specially the rain It makes me feel hope and happy :)
    Agh today has been a day of my least favourite weather. Cold and nonstop heavy rain all day.
    I admit that I don't like it when it rains all day either @mheredge because it seems to affect my mood very badly, and it makes me unhappy. I don't enjoy the rain, and I never have. I wish I lived in a country where it rained a lot less than it does here.
    Come to the south of France @GemmaRowlands! It doesn't rain much here. And in Kathmandu, almost all the rain falls between June and September. Usually then, I only go there during the dry season.
    I would very much like to visit the South of France @mheredge as I have heard that the weather is very nice there. My father is currently on holiday in Spain, and he is able to sit on the beach and go in the sea, whereas our weather is very cold so I have to wear warm clothing. It feels like winter is on its way!
  • Ahmed14_wAhmed14_w Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I prefer winter
  • eng.samuellpeng.samuellp Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I prefer cold weather instead warm, now in south hemisphere spring began so the weather is hotter each day.
    The Mediterranean climate is usually nice in the autumn, but I seem to have struck it unlucky this time with a fortnight of cold rainy weather.
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    In my city where I live, it don't has snow, so I had never seen snowfall, The lowest temperature is about 20 and the highest is about 40. I hate the temperature is very hot and very cold especially rain, In my city, it's rain is very terrible, I like the weather is warm and sunny.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    I like each weather on his time, hot on summer and cold on winter
    It is a shame that you have never seen snowfall @Ha_la because it can be very beautiful. I can understand that you don't like the temperature being too hot. It sounds like you don't really like the rain either! Neither do I.
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands I really want to see, feel and touch the snowfall but I don't shame that I has never seen snowfall. In the north of my country has 4 seasons, but I live a south, it only has two seasons, but it's wonderful, it don't has the winter.And you, How many season do your country have?
    Have you never thought of visiting a country that has snow @Ha_la ? My country has four seasons - spring, summer, autumn and winter. It is just turning autumn where I am at the moment.
    Gemma, I feel opposite. Rain always excites my mood. I feel energetic and active when it's raining.
    I admit that I don't like it when it rains all day either @mheredge because it seems to affect my mood very badly, and it makes me unhappy. I don't enjoy the rain, and I never have. I wish I lived in a country where it rained a lot less than it does here.

• RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    Of course It is summer. ^^ Indonesia doesn't have winter season, actually I would like to play ski. I have never experienced touching snow. lol
    That's an interesting way to feel about the rain @Bubbly although if I am out in the rain sometimes I really enjoy feeling it on my face. I think it depends on what needs to be done that day, and where I'm trying to get to.
This discussion has been closed.