Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Sri Lanka

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 31,553 mod
Has anyone any recommendations of 'must sees' in Sri Lanka? I'm thinking of going for a couple of weeks in the middle of January.

Comments

• HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive

I wish that you have a good travel. :)>-
    Thank you @Lynne, I read the text and I hope that I got the meaning. :)
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,308 mod
    Perhaps @Helvio has a magic wand!
    HA - HA - HA

:P
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,553 mod
    Thanks @Helvio. I wanna go! I'm going to book my flight tonight. \:D/
    Sri Lanka is very efficient. The visa application is done online and within 24 hours I got the reply to confirm it had been approved. This is very similar to the Australian e-visa and hopefully other countries will follow this easy way of doing things.
    I've been looking at where to go. I'm not sure how Buddha's tooth ended up here, but this is a bit draw at one place in Sri Lanka.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,035 mod
    I had or have this problem with hope and wish too. From Lynne`s explanation I would say hope has more power and wish is a bit of a uncertain guy.

When I hear Sri Lanka I think of good foodstuff and beautiyful women and kids as well.
    I think good food and beautiful women and children applies to all Asia @Hermine!
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,878 mod
    I can't get the image of a tooth out of my head now.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,035 mod
    @Lynne - the level you are in is too high for me. What on earth does `tooth out of my head`mean?
    edited January 2014
    @Hermine, I think poor @Lynne means that the vision of a tooth won't get out of her mind! I'm very disappointed though. I read that I won't be able to get a look at the tooth, only the casket, for which I have to pay!

Sri Lanka is incredibly exploitative when it comes to entry fees for foreigners. We pay maybe more than ten times the price that locals pay (no way indicative of the difference in cost of living). Many places charge 25-30$ which is steep even by first world standards. There's one site where they charge 30$ that a friend advised me was a total disappointment. Even the guides suggest not to bother.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    @Helvio thanks for these pretty places. :)
This discussion has been closed.