Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you like to spend your money?

BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Work and Money
I agree with this quote and I also do the same sometimes. :)

Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to buy hand bags and dresses most of the time. But, I also spend my money on buying books that I've not read yet. :)
    @mheredge you must have a list of spending your money, right? :)
    @Xanthippe I know you spend your money on pretty heavy, difficult but old books. ;)
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbli, oh no, they are usually digitised. :)

Here you have a link to Neo-Latin collections: http://www.philological.bham.ac.uk/bibliography/index.htm
    edited September 2015
    @Xanthippe I will discuss it with you on Skype. :)
    Post edited by Bubbly on
    @Xanthippe you digest money?:O
    Rare books are often too expensive for an individual to buy. You had to read them in special reading rooms under surveillance. Now you can usually do it at home. :)
    @Xanthippe do you buy books or get them from a library? We don't have some good libraries so here people have to buy books. But I like to spend money on buying some good books.
    @Bubbli, I rather get them from libraries. Very often from die Staatsbibliothek in Berlin. I take photos and I read them at home later. :)
    @Xanthippe Oh! No issues if I need a book, I will ask you to get it from the library and send me pictures or scanned copy. ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,119 mod
    You've read me right. I go a bit mad when I'm in a bookshop @bubbli.
    @mheredge what about other things? I don't think you like to spend money only on buying books.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I like spending money for travelling purposes. :smile:
    @PeterS how many countries, have you visited so far?
    Me too @PeterS. I try to find the cheapest flights to stretch my travel money out as far as it will go.
    @bubbli i didnt visited a lot of countries a few, Hungary, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Spain and Germany, But i live in Slovakia and there is a lot to see in here great tourist spots here that you can visit.
    @mheredge thats good to
    edited September 2015
    @PeterS That's nice. Tell me more about Slovakia, people, famous places etc.
    @bubbli a Slovak Republic is quite a new country in formation it was created in year 1993, when we did split from Czech Republic before that was Czechoslovakia Republic which was established in 1918. And you can date back to year 846 A.D. i am not good at history.

We got High Tatras and Low Tatras in winter there are great skying opportunities, in summer tourist places.
    We got a lot of mountains and a caves, the more famous are the two ice caves the one is Dobsinska and the second one Demanovska.
    A lot of castles, palaces and manor houses, a lot of them are just ruins now days, but the more famous are Spis castle, Devin, Trencin castle.
    We got even a whole Church from wood :smile:
    I am not rly a people person, but if you watch hockey then you may know Miroslav Satan, Zigmund Palffy.
  • pranitkpranitk Posts: 6
    I am not filthy rich, so I always try to spend money wisely. We go usually hotels once a month, and go for outing after about 3-4 months. Rest I want to save money.
    The filthy rich don't even think about what things cost @pranitk, but I wonder how much they can really value things when money doesn't mean anything.
    @PeterS Nice to know about Slovak Republic. Thank you for sharing this information.
    @pranitk it is not about spending money. It is all about enjoyment and you can even enjoy with a cup of tea. :)
  • otaviosalomaootaviosalomao Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I always spend my money at ebay, buying things that i never will use lol
  • Masha2505Masha2505 Posts: 6
    I spend my money at my san, is life is very expensive
  • p1sm0lp1sm0l Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I spend my money to hang out with my friend and wait the salary for the next month to spend again
    Do you not save anything @p1sm0l? Or do you spend everything by the next payday?

@Masha2505 what do you mean by your'san'? Do you,mean that you spend everything on you son?
  • p1sm0lp1sm0l Posts: 11 ✭✭
    yes, I save 30% of my salary @mheredge and the rest I spend for living and have fun. how about you?
  • nickwunickwu Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I want to have a far travel.But travel cost much money...
    I was given a little piggy bank when I was a kid and never looked back @p1sm0l. I had a savings account at a building society when I was eleven and used to save my money up to buy things I wanted (usually books). I never lost the habit of saving.
    I wanna travel so I earn money to go around the world