Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your beauty secret?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 6,137 mod
If you could share one great tip with regards to beauty, what would it be? For me, I like to keep all of my products as natural as possible, as I don't think that human beings are supposed to use chemicals on their faces. This is something that I feel strongly about, and I tell all of my friends the same thing when I see them wearing makeup.

Your skin will look a lot younger for much longer if you try to keep it natural.

What do you think?

Comments

• moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    i'm sure that i'm keeping it natural hehe ;)

but i don't know about the girls: @meu
    @nisreen.mustafa
    @Dora
    @zeynab
    what do you think? i want to read amazing things guys :p :D
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    @moath i don't think it's your business .....( just kidding) :p but if you are insisted i will tell you that i'm keeping it all natural ....drinking a lots of water... but i don't like salads unfortunately... or putting stupid cucumber masks on my face.
  • zeynabzeynab Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I try to keep it nurtural but I use a bit makeup too ;)
  • zeynabzeynab Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I try to keep it natural but I use a bit makeup too ;)
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    BTW i rarely put some makeup just in some events
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,254 mod
    Didn't you know @moath, the guys are preening themselves just as much as the gals these days and using skin moisturizers?

I think smiling is an important secret of beauty.
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge
    wow!
    that is the weirdest thing i ever heard of!!
    man is man! that is my rule :)
  • rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I agree@GemmaRowlands
    Chemicals and make up are a poison for a human skin but unfortunately people don't realize it when they are young
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,137 mod
    > @rahil11 said:
    > I agree@GemmaRowlands
    > Chemicals and make up are a poison for a human skin but unfortunately people don't realize it when they are young

Yes, and then by the time they do realise, it's too late. I only wash my face with water, and then use a very light moisturiser on it. Whenever I wear makeup, my skin looks bad for a few days, so I will avoid that whenever possible. I see so many people wearing far too much makeup, and I worry about what that might do to their skin in the future.
    I feel the more you keep yourself simple, the more you look beautiful.
    Wearing too much makeup gives an artificial and ugly look. Sometimes In summers, I can't differentiate between a makeup girl and a witch ;) :D @GemmaRowlands
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think herbs have good impact on skin. Which herbs? Please ask me? ;)
    Well @rahil11 I'm sure you're only joking, but there are some girls near where I live that do look exactly like that during the summer months! @bubbli which herbs do you use to help your skin? I would love to hear about it!
    One beauty tip from me ;)
    Garlic and onion juice is very helpful for controlling hairfall
    @GemmaRowlands it basically happens due to sweating. So it is better to keep yourself simple :)
    @bubbli said
    I think herbs have good impact on skin. Which herbs? Please ask me? ;)

I want to know, please enlighten me about such herbs ;)
    @rahil11 without fee? no way. :)
    Hahaha... I will pay double fee if your herbs will work on me ;)
    I won't run away with your fee :D ;)
    @rahil11 I don't trust on you. You will have to do some struggle to get this secret. ;)
    @GemmaRowlands in UK there are a lot of herbal products. Aren't they effective? or you didn't try them yet?
  • jhajha Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I follow some of dermatologists recommendations and my own research on beauty secrets. Fruits can give glow and smooth skin because of its vitamin C content. So i eat fruits everyday and take Vit. C tabs. Sometimes i make home made masks (combination of oats, honey and lemon), it gives you refreshing feeling and smooth skin after applying this mask. I also use skin care products like the facial scrubs, creams , with vit. C and collagen content. If i get acne's i use antibacterial products. I also do mild chemical peel & dermabrasion if i feel i need to, it gives me good results. There are many recommendations to keep skin look young, whether naturally (it takes longer to see results) or use of machines /chemicals (fast results, costly).But of course its up to you if you want it the natural way or go for the wonders of technology. But for me, i keep my options open.
    edited September 2015
    You don't trust me :o
    So what kind of struggle?, I'm a born warrior ready to face everything ;)@bubbli
    @rahil11 I think warrior don't need any herbal treatment. ;)
    @jha oh! you disclosed some of my secrets regarding herbs. :p
    That was in the older times. Now trend has changed, handsomeness matters more than fighting skills ;) @bubbli
    @bubbli if I'm being honest, I've never tried any kind of herbal remedies for anything before. I don't know what they might do, and I am wary about any long term effects that they might have, so I have never tried to use them to help my skin. I am tempted to do a little research, though, now that I have heard just how helpful they can be.
    @GemmaRowlands herbal products really work if they are from any authentic brands. But, there are few home remedies that I use on weekend.
    I think the brand is a major issue, too, though. Because a lot of the time you don't really know whether what you're buying is authentic or not, and as a result of that you might not know entirely what you're consuming. So yes, you should always make sure you're getting it from a brand that you know and trust.
    I use a homemade lotion for winter that is made up of rose water, glycerine, and lemon juice. It is really affective for dry skin.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,254 mod
    I bought some royal jelly when I was in Vietnam. It is supposed to be very good for the skin. It seemed a bit odd smearing honey on my face, but next morning, I was amazed at the effect.
    @Bubbly it is wonderful that you make your own lotion, you must be very creative to be able to do something like that. I use lotions but I have never tried to make one of my own, because I wouldn't know where to start with it at all!