Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your beauty secret?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
If you could share one great tip with regards to beauty, what would it be? For me, I like to keep all of my products as natural as possible, as I don't think that human beings are supposed to use chemicals on their faces. This is something that I feel strongly about, and I tell all of my friends the same thing when I see them wearing makeup.

Your skin will look a lot younger for much longer if you try to keep it natural.

What do you think?

Comments

• moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    i'm sure that i'm keeping it natural hehe ;)

but i don't know about the girls: @meu
    @nisreen.mustafa
    @Dora
    @zeynab
    what do you think? i want to read amazing things guys :p :D
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    @moath i don't think it's your business .....( just kidding) :p but if you are insisted i will tell you that i'm keeping it all natural ....drinking a lots of water... but i don't like salads unfortunately... or putting stupid cucumber masks on my face.
  • zeynabzeynab Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I try to keep it nurtural but I use a bit makeup too ;)
  • zeynabzeynab Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I try to keep it natural but I use a bit makeup too ;)
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    BTW i rarely put some makeup just in some events
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    Didn't you know @moath, the guys are preening themselves just as much as the gals these days and using skin moisturizers?

I think smiling is an important secret of beauty.
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge
    wow!
    that is the weirdest thing i ever heard of!!
    man is man! that is my rule :)
  • rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I agree@GemmaRowlands
    Chemicals and make up are a poison for a human skin but unfortunately people don't realize it when they are young
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    > @rahil11 said:
    > I agree@GemmaRowlands
    > Chemicals and make up are a poison for a human skin but unfortunately people don't realize it when they are young

Yes, and then by the time they do realise, it's too late. I only wash my face with water, and then use a very light moisturiser on it. Whenever I wear makeup, my skin looks bad for a few days, so I will avoid that whenever possible. I see so many people wearing far too much makeup, and I worry about what that might do to their skin in the future.
    I feel the more you keep yourself simple, the more you look beautiful.
    Wearing too much makeup gives an artificial and ugly look. Sometimes In summers, I can't differentiate between a makeup girl and a witch ;) :D @GemmaRowlands
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think herbs have good impact on skin. Which herbs? Please ask me? ;)
    Well @rahil11 I'm sure you're only joking, but there are some girls near where I live that do look exactly like that during the summer months! @bubbli which herbs do you use to help your skin? I would love to hear about it!
    One beauty tip from me ;)
    Garlic and onion juice is very helpful for controlling hairfall
    @GemmaRowlands it basically happens due to sweating. So it is better to keep yourself simple :)
    @bubbli said
    I think herbs have good impact on skin. Which herbs? Please ask me? ;)

I want to know, please enlighten me about such herbs ;)
    @rahil11 without fee? no way. :)
    Hahaha... I will pay double fee if your herbs will work on me ;)
    I won't run away with your fee :D ;)
    @rahil11 I don't trust on you. You will have to do some struggle to get this secret. ;)
    @GemmaRowlands in UK there are a lot of herbal products. Aren't they effective? or you didn't try them yet?
  • jhajha Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I follow some of dermatologists recommendations and my own research on beauty secrets. Fruits can give glow and smooth skin because of its vitamin C content. So i eat fruits everyday and take Vit. C tabs. Sometimes i make home made masks (combination of oats, honey and lemon), it gives you refreshing feeling and smooth skin after applying this mask. I also use skin care products like the facial scrubs, creams , with vit. C and collagen content. If i get acne's i use antibacterial products. I also do mild chemical peel & dermabrasion if i feel i need to, it gives me good results. There are many recommendations to keep skin look young, whether naturally (it takes longer to see results) or use of machines /chemicals (fast results, costly).But of course its up to you if you want it the natural way or go for the wonders of technology. But for me, i keep my options open.
    edited September 2015
    You don't trust me :o
    So what kind of struggle?, I'm a born warrior ready to face everything ;)@bubbli
    @rahil11 I think warrior don't need any herbal treatment. ;)
    @jha oh! you disclosed some of my secrets regarding herbs. :p
    That was in the older times. Now trend has changed, handsomeness matters more than fighting skills ;) @bubbli
    @bubbli if I'm being honest, I've never tried any kind of herbal remedies for anything before. I don't know what they might do, and I am wary about any long term effects that they might have, so I have never tried to use them to help my skin. I am tempted to do a little research, though, now that I have heard just how helpful they can be.
    @GemmaRowlands herbal products really work if they are from any authentic brands. But, there are few home remedies that I use on weekend.
    I think the brand is a major issue, too, though. Because a lot of the time you don't really know whether what you're buying is authentic or not, and as a result of that you might not know entirely what you're consuming. So yes, you should always make sure you're getting it from a brand that you know and trust.
    I use a homemade lotion for winter that is made up of rose water, glycerine, and lemon juice. It is really affective for dry skin.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    I bought some royal jelly when I was in Vietnam. It is supposed to be very good for the skin. It seemed a bit odd smearing honey on my face, but next morning, I was amazed at the effect.
    @Bubbly it is wonderful that you make your own lotion, you must be very creative to be able to do something like that. I use lotions but I have never tried to make one of my own, because I wouldn't know where to start with it at all!