When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-

How do you study english :)

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @harrybirthday you are welcome. :)
  • HakanHakan Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I watch tv series to learn english which is enjoyable
    @hakan which is your favourite TV series?
  • anastaciaanastacia Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Hi guys, I've been studying English for ages. I hardly apply it on daily basis since i don't have anyone to interact with, who are english spoken or native speakers. I'm grateful i found this site and hopefully i will be able to improve my English skills.
    @anastacia Hi. You need to practice it regularly if you want to improve it. There is no shortcut to it.
  • jay416jay416 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    im 20 years old. and i just learned english little bit in school and videos from youtube but i dont think im really good at english so much. for example i cant talk with people or not comment anything on web i dont have confidence :( the only thing i study is watch videos on youtube and read magazines :)
    @jay416 You can practice it here with us. :) We will not disappoint you.
  • jay416jay416 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    @Bubbly thank you so much! :)
    @jay416 welcome. Stay active and regular. :)
  • FerFer Posts: 153 ✭✭
    I think one of the best way of improving your English is to watch lot of videos and films.
  • HaifaaHaifaa Posts: 9
    Hi everyone.

For me, I start studying English when I was at high school then registered in an English institute. after that started the collage and my department was in English focused mainly on medical English.

within times my English language getting better but still I have difficulties especially during speaking and when try writing with out thinking on words not in my mind.
    When I talked to any person not understanding Arabic I can speak English better than when I talked with another one who understand Arabic.

My situation getting any one to be crazy and confused, but I will working hard to be a fluent English speaker hope we can study together and help each other.
  • soshiant1992soshiant1992 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    i watch a lot of movies without sub and some podcast like just vocabulary
  • LienLien Posts: 266 Inactive
    Oh my God. it is turn out that many people like that. I face the issue like you. I have learn english for a long time, but i study for doing tests, pass exam, well, I turn back and recognize that I absolutely do not know anything about English. To get good job if I have a good English ability.
    @Haifaa You need to overcome your fear of talking to people who don't speak Arabic. I faced this issues few months back when I couldn't speak English infront of my colleagues but you will have to go through it and once you are through, you will feel it very easy for you to communicate with others.
    @soshiant1992 Watching movies is a good way to learn English. I also watch movies without subtitle so that I can improve my listening skills. It really works.
  • Máté94Máté94 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Hello everyone :) I'm start learn english for 1 years ago. I'm 21 years old student on the univesity. I need people with I can more write or speak english. When I have time, willingly seen movies with subtitles or read books. I have few possibility and time learn english, but I fight for it. :) I like this webside, because I must write with other peaple and I learn new words.
    @Máté94 Hi. You can also practice English here by taking part in diffetent discussions. What are your favourite movies? :)
  • Máté94Máté94 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @Bubbly I like among movies drama, biography and thrillel. My favourite movies is: The Pursuit of Happyness, Intouchables, Coach Carter and similar motivational movies. :)
    Whats your favourite movies and cinemactor?
    @Máté94 it depends on my mood. Sometimes, I watch action movies, sometimes mystery and thriller. For a change, I also like to watch anime movies as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    > @Máté94 said:
    > @Bubbly I like among movies drama, biography and thrillel. My favourite movies is: The Pursuit of Happyness, Intouchables, Coach Carter and similar motivational movies. :)
    > Whats your favourite movies and cinemactor?

Grammar correction:
    I like drama, biography and thriller movies. My favourite movies are: The Pursuit of Happyness, Intouchables, Coach Carter and similar motivational movies. :)
    > What are your favourite movies? Who's your favourite cinemactor?

By the way! These movies are really awesome! :)
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly Do you speak English with your colleagues? Mine problem here is that I have very few opportunities to speak English, I only speak in the cram school with other students and the teacher. Now I try to improve my listening skill by listening to BBC documentation stuffs through youtube. The best thing about learning through youtube is that I can listening to the stuff again and again and try to keep up with those unfamiliar words. I have watched the French revolution history via youtube recently. BBC really do some good stuffs. I learned a lot from that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    @chyijung The situation is same here. I have few opportunities to speak English, just through the internet. If I don't have internet, I couldn't improve myself. Hungary is not on top in the education of english language.
  • kanaakanaa Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi Every one, this is Kanaa. I am anxious to learn and write more about English.
  • savior911savior911 Posts: 6
    Hi, guys.
    I think my biggest problem is that I am trying to learn English in a passive way, e.g. watching films, reading news and forums. It helped me to improve my reading and listening but still, my writing and speaking is far from desirable level. Should I focus mainly on learning vocabulary? What do you think?
  • catyfiruzecatyfiruze Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I guess when you study English the most important is to speak as much as possible
  • sammanisammani Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    I have learnt english before.but it was limited only for books,i didn`t try to practise English until now,but when i am 20 years i started to practise.but i didn`t meet anyone who can help me.so i hope the forum will help me.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, I'm Owarius :smile: and I want to improve my english skills.
    @catyfiruze I think writing skills are also important along with speaking English. I do both but writing English helped me a lot to speak English.
    @Owarius You need to help yourself first and for that you will have to be regular and active on the forum. :)
    @sammani we are here to help each other so stay active and see the results. :)