Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you study english :)

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nikolas let me invite you in a thread. Explore one by one and comment if you like. :)
  • taghriedtaghried Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I'm started to learn english from songs and podcast with transcipt , need to speak fluent and writting topic , i hope can do it with this forum :)
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I open the book and study it! :D
  • martymarty Posts: 3
    I've been studying english for seven years. Every day I try to practice it in Internet watching films or reading some articles.
    @marty @taghried @navidafrasiabian we all start from somewhere in our own way. :) But, enjoy learning and don't give up.
  • IwonaIwona Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hello Everybody!!!

I started to learn English few years ago. I really like learning English. My level is intermediate. I read a lot od English books. Generally I have no problems with understanding and reading. Speaking is a big challenge for me. I have a problem to remember new words and incorporate them in speaking. I really want to improve my English because I need to collaborate with people from different countries in my work. I hope this webside helps me to make progress.
  • I will start a new course next week, I installed Stitcher (Podcast application) to listen to English more.
    @Iwona We have different Skype sessions that will help you to improve your speaking skills. :) If you want to join, please send your Skype ID to @Lynne through a private message and she will add you there. :)
    @ahmed_hanafy Do you take classes online?
    @tarekhassan Stitcher may be a good idea but the important point is to get involved in discussion with others either through writing or speaking. This forum is ideal for that. You will learn a lot here. :)
  • oussouss Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Iam a 24 years old as well .... But I only started studying English when I was 16 ... But I have taken it seriously 4 years ago ... Iam having a sociolinguistics English course ... Wish me luck ...
    @ouss pretty difficult to speak "Sociolinguistics". What is it all about?
    It's my profession at the university ...
    @ouss OK. Could you please elaborate this term a bit more?
    With pleasure ... First of all ... I studied English at Oran university western Algeria ... I have got my BA this year and I signed up for my MA in sociolinguistics theme last month ... But yet ... English stills a foreign language for me. I need extra contact with native speakers to master the spoken language as the theor
    With pleasure ... First of all ... I studied English at Oran university western Algeria ... I have got my BA this year and I signed up for my MA in sociolinguistics theme last month ... But yet ... English stills a foreign language for me. I need extra contact with native speakers to master the spoken language as the theoritical "written" one.
  • @bubbly For sure, I'm looking forward to speaking and participating in activities in English :)
    > @Bubbly said:
    > @Iwona We have different Skype sessions that will help you to improve your speaking skills. :) If you want to join, please send your Skype ID to @Lynne through a private message and she will add you there. :)

Thank @Bubbly for information.
    I have already sent a private message to Lynne.
    @ouss All the best. :)
    @tarekhassan hopefully, we will see you in different discussions and you will share your views with us as well. :)
    @Iwona see you in LEN Skype group. :)
    @Bubbly I hope we will talk and share our views together soon.
  • diskvndiskvn Posts: 65 Inactive
    With all kind of learning, practice is the golden key.
    With speaking and listening, we should find an environment in which we can practice a lot. However, hesitation or shyness can be a big barrier for us to grab these skills. So being confident and not being afraid of making mistake are the most important factors.
    With writing, we should write a lot to make our essay or paragraph become more natural. In addition, I'd prefer having someone who is at higher level than me to correct the mistake that I make. Next time, it would be better
    @Iwona Yes sure. :)
    @diskvn I agree with you. Shyness and hesitation usually become a big barrier to learning. Then, people hesitate to make mistakes while mistakes help you to struggle more and learn more. :)
  • diskvndiskvn Posts: 65 Inactive
    I have read a really interesting quotation that :'one who makes no mistakes makes nothing'
    Hopefully not only you but other admins or members can correct the mistakes for each other :D
  • silviosilvio Posts: 21
    @phutai I understand you. I have made great efforts in order to improve my english skills i the last years without great success. I am training my skills watching film or listening radio in english language. And also, you know, there are such incredible opportunities to study english on line, like this!
  • blanvankablanvanka Posts: 84 Inactive
    I studied English at school for four years. This is approximately ten years ago so I have forgotten most of the knowledge. My main foreign language has always been French, so English has been the second one. Now I have decided to start with English again and improve my English skills.

I try to read English books, especially by Penguin readers because these books are divided into several levels from level n. 1 Beginner to level n. 6 Advanced. Now I am reading Crime and punishment, level n. 6 so I have no problem with understanding of written English, but my problem is to write and speak in English. I need a lot of practice :).
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    My english learning was like a walk through a dark forest at the night, but now I've met you and you like a lantern for me dear forum! Like a light at the end of the tunnel. My personal compass that doesn't let me get lost. The wind that blows in my sails! Appreciate you. :)
    @diskvn I think we have fear of making mistakes that overcome our learning. :)