Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you study english :)

14567810»

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I read books and articles out loud.
    I don't have many chances to practice speaking but when I have some time on my way home, I drop in an English speaking cafe. Here, you can speak to someone from abroad who can speak English fluently, but you have to pay 1000yen for an hour. I watch YouTube videos a lot. I also started using Skype to talk with other members here in English, but it's not as easy as I had thought it would be to secure time for Skype because of all those family duties.

I think reading English aloud is the easiest way to do the practicing.

@mauser @helenbarbosa @khuong
  • soupmantrasoupmantra Posts: 298 ✭✭
    I learned English by reading news papers, novels, english sitcoms like Friends with subtitles. It has really helped me. Though I can understand English easily but I am not so good at speaking or with writing. I am planning on trying to speak more English with friends whenever it is possible.
  • tapichtapich Posts: 11 ✭✭
    takafromtokyo, I was reading aloud on my own lenguage. It`s so very helpfull method, and I thinking it sometimes better then real conversetion(for exemple boring 'small tolk'). =)
    Now I reading this forum aloud it`s so easy and effortless =)
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch english chanels, read articles and books in english
  • ShimaaalyShimaaaly Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I'm trying to watch movies with lyric which improve my listening but I need to improve my speaking.
  • VladimirMVladimirM Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I do not have partner which can to help me improve my speaking but i try to speak in my mind by myself it is better then nothing to do . When i studied at school i thought that English do not need in my life . Now i know that it was a big fallacy . Have a nice day everyone
  • DalzielDalziel Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I don't learn English so much. So i think i am not good at English. But i do not have much time for learning English. So you can say for me what i should do to improve my english.
    Thank.
  • halilertknhalilertkn Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Book reading. YouTube watching best channel learn English .There are beatiful channel.
    PS.Help me if there is a grammer write words.
  • conghtse05773conghtse05773 Posts: 7
    :(
  • conghtse05773conghtse05773 Posts: 7
    :#
  • aamiraimanaamiraiman Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I start learn english at 6 years old...and now im was 19...but still not good in english...when I speak to my Chinese or Indian friend...I will use dwibahasa (malay and english)
  • walterwalter Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Hi I started learning english when I was 10 years old, but at that time i didn`t copmlete was focusing in english. I was learning english because I must was to pass some test in school. Now it is different. I really want to learn English. Purpose why I want to learn English is a big. English language allows me to find better job, to speach with other people when I traveling and et cetera. I realy started to learning english and be apsolutly dedication before four months. I started with listen native speakers and learning words on their speaches. Also before two months I started to read, but not every day. I read some interesting topics on the internet. Recently I started to writting on this forum. I hope that I will speach english language fluent, that is my final goal.
  • rifkeeeeyrifkeeeey Posts: 1
    hi, i'm learning english since 2 years ago. but now, i can't speak so well like other people. but i am never give up to try speak with them. sorry if i'm using bad grammar.
  • gebril9gebril9 Posts: 4
    i just use apps like memirise