Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you study english :)

Hi everyone,

I learned english when i was 11 years old and now i am 24. But my english skills is not good so much, i think i just stay at intermediate level, and i cant speak english fluently and listen to a film is a tough thing :) . I think it is because i didnt focus on it as much as i can. Do you see this case on you in the past ? So could you please share with us your experience to come over this stuff.

@Lynne : Hi lynne, Could you please add me into the skype groub. I've just got the 2nd stars :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi!
    I started learning english around my 11 years old too, but I'm a bit younger :)
    I still have english in school, but only a few months ago I started to get interested in this language. Actually I don't really "study", because I'm on holidays, but I practice everyday. How? Reading english books on wattpad, watching english youtubers, ... And it's so much fun..! Today I found this site. Hope you enjoy it too!
  • phutaiphutai Posts: 18 ✭✭
    @BeatrizAbrantes Hi!! So you found the right way to master in this language. I'm trying to enjoy it in my way :smiley:
    @phutai I think so :) good luck and keep going
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,907 mod
    The best way to learn any language is simply to immerse yourself in it completely, and take the time to talk to other people who speak the language, too. This means that you will learn not on correct English, but also the subtle differences with regards to conversation that aren't taught, for example colloquial phrases and word usage. This is great to be able to learn.
    @GemmaRowlands Yes Gamma, I know this clearly but sometime i stuck in something and easily to get depression. I hope that i will have enough effort to study english forwards. :D
    @nisreen.mustafa this is a very usefull method. I sometime use this speak-with-a-mirrow method. But it's really hard to focus on it :D.

I'm listenning to music with my favourite english songs everyday :D.
  • loveenglishloveenglish Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hi everyone;
    I started learning English just two years ago. I still have some weaknesses in my speaking English, particularly in finding the right term to employ in some situations, eventhough I know the right word, but it's a little difficult to come to mind in the middle of speech. Therefore, i believe that to get used for fluency, I should find people to talk and chat with in English, especially voice conversation, that's actually the best way to learn English.
    do you agree with me?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @loveenglish agreed but you have to put your personal efforts in it as well. You may not find experts around all the time who converse with you all the time. But, here you can practice all skills related to English language.
    @nisreen.mustafa not a bad way. Self talking in English language can be another way to learn. I usually speak to myself when I practice pronunciation.
    @phutai if you get depressed easily. It means you give up. With patience and determination, you can learn it soon. :)
    @GemmaRowlands your suggestion are so good but there are many people who can't find good English speakers around and/or can't practice English on regular basis with them.
    @BeatrizAbrantes you can also add movies in your list. It is also a good mode to learn English fast.
  • Alice_147Alice_147 Posts: 6
    Hi all, My name Alice, I have been studying English 5 years, but my English skill is not good, . I can't speak, read, write, and listen English. I hope you can give me a way, that help me improve english skill. I can't find a good method!
    thank all!
  • Alice_147Alice_147 Posts: 6
    Lynne, Can you help me? Could you add and accept me into the group Skype?
    Now, i can't join !:(
    Thank you!
    @bubbli thanks so much for your warm recommend. I think people often give up when they study english because they cant find the interested things in it. If people can have a good condition like studying in a perfect enviroment with good teacher or a person, who is a native speaker, to be friend. I think they can easily get fluecy with no pain and big effort.
    edited September 2015
    I srarted to use youtube so that my skills in english get better now I am watching rachel's english. She's a good teacher and she posts useful youtube videos so that you can speak the accent right . I advice everyone to watch rachel's videos @phutai
    @Alice_147 Lynne is on holiday. You will have to wait. So be patience and take part in different discussions on this forum. :)
    @phutai if you don't find a very conducive environment around then you have no option left to learn it by yourself. Start IT from anywhere before analyzing the best learning practices.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Actually, making all English environment is a little difficult in my country, Japan, I think. We don't need to speak English as long as we live here. Anyway, I'm trying to do my best.
    I watch one or two American TV shows a day at least and read English books whenever I have time. Listening to English podcast and reading articles in English are my daily routine.
    @rainbird Reading articles in English is really effective because it enhances your vocabulary. I used to read articles two months back. Now I am a bit lazy to carry on this practice.
    Thank you for your comment @bubbli
    Yes.I need to improve my vocabulary. Sometimes looking for articles which interest me is hard.
    @rainbird this is the best way to improve your vocabulary. I have experienced it.:)

• XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbli, Laziness is reserved for me, my dear. No theft please. :)
    @Xanthippe I don't think you are lazy but hyper active not in this life but in the second life.;)
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbli, circulating in SL and robbing virtual banks. :)
    @Xanthippe Iwill be your assistant soon. Don't forget to rob Swiss bank. :D
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi there! I'm start learning english at a school and keep learn it until present days, i'm 25. I'm trying improve it through watching movies and listening of good records and there is a good stuff calls "EngVid.com" it's a site where the native speakers (also teachers) educate you english makes funny vids in very informal manner, thank's for them. So that's all see you!))
    Hi @Glorian, I know EngVid and sometimes watch it. I like Ronnie the best!
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    @rainbird Hi, Yeap Ronnie is a little bit crazy but i like her too. Moreover i like Emma she's pretty but her manner is more formall, also Benjamine like his british accent.)))